Chapter 5

Expected Love

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Chanyeol... Chanyeol. Sir Chanyeol? Master Chanyeol!”
“What is it?!”
“Oh, you finally answered me.”

 

Confusion washes over him as he stares straight at Chen and then at Xiumin who is sighing silently. Wait, when did they enter the room? He looks around himself slightly and realizes that he's still in his office, but he gets a feeling that he hasn't been able to do anything for the past hours he has been in here.

 

“Geez, you are really hard to get in contact with sometimes.”
“Chanyeol, you have been spacing out constantly ever since this afternoon. Are you sure that you're alright? You haven't been very approachable the past two hours.”
“I'm fine... I just have a lot on my mind at the moment.”
“Well, what are we going to do about Baekhyun?”
“What do you mean? I already have my plan-”
“See, he hasn't been listening the past two hours at all. Yah, we have told you three times already: Baekhyun skipped his dinner today and refuses to talk with anyone.”
“Whatever you two talked about, it clearly upset him again and now he's locked up in his room. Aren't we supposed to do something to make sure it doesn't end like last time?”
“Oh... I see...”
“Don't just space out again and pretend you heard us!”
“I'm hearing you loud and clear Chen and it's a little TOO loud at the moment.”

 

He gives Chen a pissed gaze before he looks back down on his desk. Honestly, he's not sure what to do in this situation. He has never been very good with words, and he has only learned how to socialize with businessmen. How is he supposed to know how to handle Baekhyun and this problem that is between them?

 

“You can leave Baekhyun alone for now, but if he doesn't come out and eat tomorrow, you can assume that he has gone back to being depressed. One night without food can't hurt, after all werewolves are designed to be able to both starve and be without water for a couple of days. If he gets hungry, he will ask for food.”
“Are you sure this is alright? I mean, last time we left him alone-”
“I told you, one night is alright. By lunch tomorrow, he should be up and eat something. Didn't I make myself clear?”

 

The other two exchange a long gaze before they look back at him and nod to an answer. If that is all they wanted to talk about, then he can go back to his work... Wait, what was he even trying to do before he begun to space out?

 

“Then we will excuse us for now and let you return to your work.”
“Mm... Do so...”

 

He keeps his eyes on the computer screen as Xiumin and Chen silently leave the room. He struggles to focus on the text on the screen, but his mind keeps trying to distract him. He wonders if he tried to push Baekhyun too hard earlier when he wanted to talk to him. Or maybe he didn't push him hard enough...? On the other hand, if he thinks about what Baekhyun said...

 

“I trusted you!”

 

The words keep echoing in his head. He doesn't know why, but those words just refuse to leave him. The look on Baekhyun's face when he cut him off with those words... His stomach feels strange ever since their conversation and the more he tries to forget about it, the more he thinks about it. It's like a curse to him.

 

“I don't understand... If he refuses to talk to me... How am I supposed to get him back...?”

 

A small sigh escapes his mouth as he rests an elbow against the desk and rests his head in his palm. His eyes stares on the screen, but his eyes refuse to read the text properly. In the end he gets lost in his thoughts and he recalls every word Baekhyun said to him only a couple of hours ago. He's not ready to talk, but he also claims that they won't be able to get back to how they used to be. He also said that not only words will be needed for them to repair their broken relationship. What did he mean with that? What is it that he wants him to do to make everything right again?

Eventually he gives up on working as he closes his computer and leans back in his chair. His eyes focus on the ceiling as he listens to the silence around him. It's in the middle of the night, so of course there shouldn't be too much going on around him. But honestly, he has begun to dislike the silence. He misses hearing the sounds of the other people living in the house. It's just like Luhan once told him: it doesn't feel quite like home without the lively people. If everything is silent, how can he know that there are other people out there?

 

“I'm starting to sound crazy...”

 

He chuckles silently before he looks back down on his desk and then at his own left hand. It is then he notices something that he nearly forgot: he's still wearing his wedding ring. If he doesn't recall wrong... He's pretty sure Baekhyun isn't wearing his ring... It's not weird either since right now he's more or less sure that Baekhyun's feelings for him is long gone. But... Is his stomach supposed to ache when he thinks about that? Confusion is washing over him as he puts a hand on top of his stomach: it hurts... The more he thinks about Baekhyun not wanting him, his stomach begins to hurt. Is he... sick?

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“Good morning Kyungsoo.”
“G-Good morning...”
“Why are you looking so shocked?”
“N-Nothing...”

 

Kyungsoo quickly heads into the kitchen before he comes back out with a plate of food. Yes, he has managed to drag himself out of his room and forced himself downstairs to eat brunch. If he doesn't come downstairs, he gets a feeling that everyone will think he has gone into depression mode again. Though, he can't say that he's very happy nor calm at the moment, but at least he can hide it away. For now, he should just hide it...

 

“Have you been sleeping well? You usually sleep much longer during the weekends.”
“I wasn't too tired.”

 

Kyungsoo nods slightly to an answer, but he still looks rather unsure. After a while he slowly sits down beside him at the table and clears his throat gently. He looks right up at his friend who is staring at him with his serious eyes, but there is also concern in them.

 

“Are you... okay?”
“What do you mean?”
“The magic... It's gone, right? You're feeling better now, right?”
“Of course I do.”
“Then... Yesterday... When you talked to master Chanyeol...”
“We didn't make up if that is what you think.”
“N-No, I figured that much on my own. It's just that... I'm proud of you. You didn't only talk to Chen and Xiumin, but you also pulled yourself together to face Chanyeol.”
“We didn't talk about what happened. Not directly anyway. I told him to wait, and those things probably will never go back to how it was before.”
“So... You literally told him that you're just going to live in the same house, but never show any feelings towards him ever again?”
“T-That's not really what I-”
“But that is probably how he sees it. Just so you know, those vampires don't seem to be thinking like we do. I mean, it took me ages to get to know Lay properly. He always kept his private life a secret, but apparently, he's actually married to this REALLY rich guy!”
“H-He is...? I... I had no idea...”
“Yeah, but I also found out that their relationship isn't going too well at the moment.”
“N-Not...? That's too bad for him I guess.”
“It is. Vampires have a harder time to learn how to express themselves because they can easily shut off all their feelings and emotions. They also like to have this professional relationship with as many people as possible to make things easier for themselves.”
“Well... I can understand that in a way.”

 

He shows some food into his mouth and thinks a little about what Kyungsoo said. Then it suddenly hits him: how does it come that Kyungsoo knows so much more about vampires and their behavior by just talking to Lay? Or maybe... there is someone else who taught him those things? He doesn't know why, but he suddenly gets a strong feeling that Kyungsoo have been involved with vampires many times before he came here to be their chef.

 

“Hey Kyungsoo... How long have you been working as a chef?”
“How long you ask...? Let's see... I think I have been an official chef for six years now.”
“Really? Where did you learn to cook so well?”
“Ah, my parents own a restaurant that specializes in homemade food.”
“Oh, that sounds really interesting. Then... How long have you been working for vampires as a chef? Is this your first time?”
“Yes, this is my first time working with vampires. Of course, there have been some vampires who have visited my parents' restaurant a couple of times, but I have never been working mainly for a vampire family before.”
“That's rather interesting because you give me the feeling that you have been around vampires many times before and knows how they work really well.”
“I-Is that so? Haha, I must be very good at analyzing people then.”

 

Suspicious. Kyungsoo is acting extremely suspicious. Who could have thought that he's such a bad liar? On the other hand, he thinks he caught Kyungsoo off guard and he probably said a couple of things he shouldn't have. But for now, he won't push him any further, instead he gives him a small smile and finishes his food.

 

“It was delicious. Thank you so much for making it.”
“I'm glad to hear that it was to your liking. Though... Has someone informed you about me and Lay starting to take shifts on who makes the food from now and on? After all, by Sunday next week, you are moving away from here. Me and Lay will only come by twice a week after you move.”
“W-What? Really? Doesn't that mean that there will be three days without any chefs...?”
“Mm, it appears so. I don't know what master Chanyeol is thinking, but I think it's something good. Either way, we will still be able to see each other from time to time.”
“Mm, that's good to hear. Though, what will you do when you're not following me around nor working at our household?”
“I don't really know. Maybe I should find a new hobby of some kind?”

 

He smiles at Kyungsoo's idea before he suddenly remembers something: he used to have quite many hobbies himself. Back at home, at his parents' house, he used to play the piano, draw pictures, watch more TV and he also hanged out with friends from school. The past months he has only been sobbing in his room, pitied himself and victimized himself. Maybe it's about time for things to change? If he can try to get his old habits back, then maybe he will start to feel more comfortable?

 

“Sorry, I think I have a couple of things I want to do today.”
“Oh, really? That's good for you. Where can I find you if anything happens?”
“Uhm... For now, I think I will be in my room. Or maybe I will go to the music room...? You will have to guess where I am today.”

 

He smiles at his friend before he gets up of his seat and hurries to leave the room. Kyungsoo stares clueless after him before he smiles slightly and gets back to work. He walks towards the center of the house and looks around slightly: what should he do first? Maybe he should play the piano, just for fun and without Chen watching over him? He nods to himself and decides that he will try to distract himself with as many things has possible for the whole day. Maybe then he might be able to gather his thoughts and get his together?

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

A strange yet familiar sound wakes him from his sleep as he sits up tired. He glances over at the small alarm clock on the nightstand and notices that it's only 11 am. An irritated groan escapes his mouth as he gets out of the bed and quickly heads out of the room. The moment he steps out he hears clearly what woke him up: the sound of music. He quickly heads down the stairs, ignoring both Lay and Yuri on his way down and heads straight towards the music room. He swears, if it is Chen who is playing with the door open to the music room, then he will kick his sorry little .

Though, the moment he steps up to the room, all his annoyance and irritation disappears. His eyes quickly spot the culprit, who isn't really a culprit, and he gets stuck with staring towards the piano. In the middle of the room stands the grand piano and behind it sits a young man with a beautiful smile on his lips while his long and slender fingers gently play on the keys. He stares in awe at his husband who is playing the piano and with such peaceful smile on his lips.

He quickly steps aside from the door opening, leaning against the wall and closes his eyes. He enjoys the music and listens to the soft melody that has filled the whole mansion. Without noticing, a small smile spreads on his lips and he finds himself enjoying every little melody that reaches his ears. Though, after a while he decides it's about time to leave Baekhyun alone. After all, he would love to walk into him and praise him himself, but... But something is telling him that he would only ruin the moment.

No, for now he will admire Baekhyun from afar and make sure that he gets his time to think about everything. He needs to let Baekhyun clear his mind, that is what Lay told him. For now, he will have to ignore the strange emptiness by his side and hope that it all will soon go away. Before he leaves, he takes a quick peek into the room and feels how a strange feeling overwhelms him the moment he stares at Baekhyun. What is this... feeling...?

 

Baekhyun's P.O.V

The days passes by slowly, but soon he knows a lot of things will change. He's studying with Minhyun during most of the weekdays and spends his free time either in his bedroom or in the music room to practice his piano skills. Chanyeol has been busy with work, and he has been busy with avoiding him. Luckily, the giant has been so busy the past days that he hasn't even had the time to come downstairs during dinner time. Chen claims that Chanyeol will come at least once to have dinner with him, but it doesn't look like it will ever happen.

Well, he doesn't mind it. Right now, he's trying to become more stable as a person and Chanyeol would only get in his way. He admits that he feels a lot better than what he did before, but he can't say he's living a happy and peaceful life. It might appear that he's alright and fine, but every night when he tries to sleep, he lies awake and thinks about the lump in his stomach and the pain in his chest. No matter how hard he tries to not think about anything, he only ends up clinging onto a pillow and holding back the tears that wants to escape his eyes. He refuses to cry any further than this, but the pain won't go away.

Despite that, he keeps acting like he's back to himself. He doesn't know what good it actually does to him to act like he has gotten over everything, but it makes it easier for him to avoid the person he doesn't want to see. Though, if everyone thinks he's back to normal and has put everything aside, then new problems might arise. He tries to treat Chen and Xiumin like he usually does, and Lay doesn't even seem to have changed the last time they spoke. Which reminds him: he still hasn’t called his parents or tried to contact his family...

 

“Baekhyun-ah, I don't think it's very appropriate for you to space out like this during our last lesson together. Am I that boring?”
“S-Sorry Minhyun hyung... I just have a lot to think about today.”
“I see... Could it be about you moving? Are you nervous about it? Well, you are leaving the mansion within two days. It will be a shame to not be able to teach you every day like this in the future, after all you're a really cute student.”

 

He snaps out of his own world and stares shocked at Minhyun. Did he hear right? Did he just call him cute? He's left speechless as he realizes that Minhyun have been moving closer to him the past minutes. Usually, they sit on the opposite side of each other, but today he sat down beside him. Now when he thinks even more about it, Minhyun's arm is pressed against his own and he can see his hand slowly sneak over to his thigh. W-What is going on? Is he seriously... hitting on him?

 

“Baekhyun-ah... Don't you think it's a little boring that we have to breakup so early?”
“M-Minhyun, I don't think we should sit this closely.”
“Ah, look at you! You're blushing! How adorable...”

 

By now he notices that Minhyun's hand has sneaked over to his thigh and that Minhyun's face is becoming awfully close to his. Honestly, Minhyun is a very handsome and smart man, someone he might have fallen in love with if he wasn't already married. Though... Strangely enough, his heart isn't reacting to Minhyun. Actually, the urge to push Minhyun away from him is stronger than the urge to want him to be close. But isn't that weird? He hates Chanyeol so dearly and flirting with Minhyun would probably be the best option to make him angry. Then why does his heart scream NO when Minhyun is touching him...?

 

“Baekhyun-ah... This might be the last time we see each other... Don't you think we should have some fun at least once before I leave?”

 

A strange shiver runs down his spine when Minhyun whispers into his ear and he can feel his hand move further up his thigh. His whole body feels strangely tensed and he doesn't like the situation he's in – he needs him to stop! He's just about to snatch Minhyun's hand off his thigh when both of them hear a deep and cold voice echo through the whole room. Cold shivers run down his spine as he slowly looks up towards the door opening. Minhyun seem to be as startled as him, he can't even remove his hand from his thigh as frozen he has become.

 

“What do you think you are doing Mr. Lee?”

 

The coldness of the voice is clear and as sharp as knives. Not only that, but the owner to the voice doesn’t also just sound angry – he looks furious! His body finally moves as he pushes Minhyun away from him and hurries to stand up in hope that he might be able to save Minhyun from getting killed. After all, he has never seen Chanyeol this angry at another man before. Why is he so... angry?

 

“Mr. Lee. Leave. Now. Baekhyun. My office. Now.”

 

Chanyeol speaks with gritted teeth and literally growls at Minhyun who looks paler than snow. With that being said, Chanyeol turns on his heels and begins to walk. In that moment, he realizes that his heart is beating crazily fast and he's not sure if it is out of fear or if it is something else that is making it go crazy. He glances over at Minhyun whose face has turned pale and his eyes are staring down on the table in shame. He clears his throat gently in hope that Minhyun still might be able to hear him in the middle of his fear.

 

“I don't know how much you know about my relationship with sir Chanyeol, but I'm afraid that I'm already married. I'm sorry Minhyun, but I'm not interested in you in that way. Thank you for teaching me, but I think it's time for you leave.”

 

Minhyun only nods slightly to an answer before he turns on his heels and begins to walk. By now his heart has begun to beat a little faster once again, but this time he's sure that it is out of fear. Chanyeol totally mistook that situation and they're already on bad terms. If he's going to be honest, he definitely doesn't want to face his husband at the moment, but he can't ignore him. He silently curses himself for letting his guard down and not thinking about what Minhyun were doing to him. Things could have ended even worse if Chanyeol hadn't showed up the moment he did.

With heavy steps he walks towards the stairs and passes Chen who looks a little anxious at him. Of course, he must be wondering what is going on. One moment Chanyeol is peacefully walking to the small library to check upon Baekhyun and his teacher Minhyun, and in the next second he sees his master storm towards his office with a furious face. Shortly after Chanyeol passed him, Minhyun rushes past him towards the door with a pale face. Chen gives him a questioning gaze and all he can do is force a small smile upon his lips.

 

“What... is going?”
“Uhm... A big misunderstanding. That's all.”
“Oh... Do you need me to-?”
“No, I think it's the best if I just go to him.”

 

By now Chen doesn't even need to finish his sentences for him to understand what he's about to say. He gives Chen another smile before he forces himself up the stairs and steps up to Chanyeol's office door. He stands outside the office for a couple of seconds before he knocks and enters without Chanyeol calling him in. The moment he steps in he feels a hand grab his left wrist and forcefully pull him into the room. He can hear the door get slammed closed behind him before his whole body is pushed up against it.

Everything happened so fast, he barely noticed what was going on until he felt a body pushed against his and how a hot breath gently hits his face. Confusion washes over him as he looks up at the taller man in front of him. Chanyeol stares down at him, his eyes still cold and full of fury. He doesn't know what to do or say, he just stares back up at him in hope to understand what is going on and why he's getting pushed up against the door like this.

 

“You...”

 

Chanyeol's voice is low and rather husky, it even sends shivers down his spine. Though, he's pretty sure he isn't shivering in fear. The strange lump in his stomach aches out of nowhere and he realizes something: he's really anxious. Why is he so damn upset? Of course, he isn't glad to be pushed up against the door by Chanyeol who he's supposed to hate, but something is telling him that it isn't the position that is making him this anxious. It's rather... It's rather what Chanyeol saw...

 

“How dare you...? In my house... In my home...”

 

He feels how he gulps nervously and he's about to open his mouth to say something, but Chanyeol's face suddenly being in front of him shuts him up. W-What is that idiot doing?!

 

“Didn't I tell you? If you misbehave, I will punish you. I told you no one can know about our fight... Are you testing my patience?”
“W-Wait a little! I-I wasn't even doing anything! I-It was Minhyun who-”
“But you let him touch you like that! You obviously knew what he intended and let it happen! I haven't even gotten to touch you and you let that filthy teacher, do it?!”
“H-Hey! I wasn't even going to let him do anything! A-And what is wrong with you?! Suddenly pushing me up against the door and-”
“I'm tired of this ...”

 

Chanyeol growls silently, he barley heard what he said, and he wouldn't have heard it if it wasn't for his werewolf ears. He stares at Chanyeol who is looking more pissed than furious at this point, but he doesn't get the feeling that he's angry at him. No, he feels strangely safe at the moment. Chanyeol stares into his eyes before he suddenly begins to lean closer to him. W-Wait, what is he doing?! The moment Chanyeol moves closer, his heart begins to beat harder and faster, and it feels like it's literally going crazy. His mind becomes blank and for a couple of nanoseconds, he literally stops working.

He watches Chanyeol become closer to him, and their lips nearly brushes against each other. He feels Chanyeol's hot breath mix with his own and a strange hunger fills him. It's hard to explain, but it's like the lust has always been there within him. He looks straight into Chanyeol's deep brown eyes, and he swears, for a moment he saw something he has seen only once in Chanyeol's eyes before. Chanyeol's grip around his wrist becomes a little tighter, but it doesn't hurt. Instead, it feels like he's making sure that he's real and not an hallucination.

They both jump startled when they hear a hard knock against the door and Chanyeol is fast to let go off him and step away. It is only then he realizes how hot his face feels and how his heart is beating strangely. He manages to step away from the door just in time before a worried looking Chen peeks his head into the room. Chanyeol gives him a rather pissed glare while he himself can only stare down on the floor with his face burning of embarrassment. Just now... Just a moment ago, he... He wanted to... kiss Chanyeol...

 

“What do you want?”
“I-I just... Well... It was so silent in here, I just...”
“Everything is fine, so you can leave. Go.”
“Y-Yes sir...”

 

Chen looks rather confused at the situation, but he's fast to leave. By now his face feels like it's burning up and he's pretty sure that everyone can see his embarrassment clearly. Chanyeol looks over at him and begins to smirk at him with his cocky eyes scanning his whole body from head to his toe.

 

“I see that you have finally become more comfortable around me again...”
“I-It's not like that! You caught me off guard! You stupid giant!”
“Yah, don't be rude. First of all: you're still in trouble.”

 

Chanyeol's mode switches from cocky to cold and angry once more. He quickly shuts up and struggles to control his feelings that has begun to run wild. What is wrong with him...? Chanyeol takes a step closer to him, this time giving him a pissed glare.

 

“Mr. Lee... Your teacher... Why did you let him get close to you? How can I be sure that you two haven't been doing stuff behind my back?”
“W-We haven't! I told you, it's a big misunderstanding! He caught me off guard!”
“I told you to behave... You need punishment.”
“W-What is wrong with you?! I'm telling you that I would never-”
“You're not even wearing your wedding ring, it's not weird that Mr. Lee hit on you. I'm not stupid, I know very well that Mr. Lee is a smart and handsome man who probably could catch your eye-”
“I'm telling you that I wouldn't look at other men like that!”
“Still... I will punish you... Eventually.”
“W-What...?”
“I don't have time to punish you here and now, but as fast we have moved...”

 

Chanyeol suddenly walks up to him, and he can't help but to stumble back slightly. His back meets the cold wall behind him, and he feels how Chanyeol blocks his way out while he rests a palm against the wall and leans closer to him. He watches the giant carefully, this time knowing what he might try to do. He eyes him carefully as he feels how Chanyeol leans over to his left ear and lets his hot breath tickle it gently and send shivers down his spine.

 

“I won't hold back on you anymore... I will show you who you truly belong to...”

 

His face literally turns red the moment Chanyeol's words reaches his ear while the giant leans out and smirks. His body moves on its own as he literally punches Chanyeol on the arm and sprints for the door. He can't stand in front of that idiot any longer! He storms out of the room, his face still bright red and his heart beating wildly. He doesn't know what is going on or why his face is suddenly burning up, but one thing is for sure – he really hates that giant called Park Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“What the hell did you say to Baekhyun?”

 

Xiumin eyes him from the door opening as he shrugs his shoulder to an answer. He casually walks back to his desk and sits down on his chair with a smirk on his face. Honestly, the past days he has been watching over Baekhyun without him knowing it. He has watched him, and he can tell that he has begun to sort out his feelings, but he just wanted to try something on him. Though... He didn't intend to let it become this tense.

 

“That Minhyun bastard dared to hit on Baekhyun...”
“Yeah... I heard from Chen. I thought you would tear Baekhyun apart, not to make his face burn up from embarrassment. I thought... I thought you two-”
“I caught him off guard, he couldn't predict what was going to happen and I happen to see his true feelings.”
“I still wonder what you did to make him blush like that...”
“It's none of your business.”

 

Xiumin sighs with a nod as he walks in and sits down in front of the desk. He clears his throat slowly to make sure that he has Chanyeol's attention since his master have been spacing out a lot lately.

 

“So, I came here to make sure that you weren't killing poor Baekhyun and that you remember to call Luhan. After all, I think they might not show up this weekend either.”
“Why not? Has something happened?”
“Well... I don't know all the details, but I think both Sehun and Luhan are taking a break from each other. I heard they had a huge fight, something that rarely happens and Luhan took off without a word. Sehun is just hanging out at their house alone and waits for his husband to come back home.”
“I can't believe this is happening...”
“Should you say, it's not like you and Baekhyun are any better-”
“We're not a couple who decided to marry on our own. We're a forced marriage.”
“So you're literally saying that you wouldn't have married Baekhyun despite the peacemaking? That's rather cold of you...”
“Whatever, just make sure we can get out of this bloody mansion by tomorrow afternoon!”
“Calm down grumpy, he was just teasing you.”

 

Chen enters the room with a friendly yet teasing smirk on his lips. He rolls his eyes in annoyance as the couple sits down in front of him and smiles happily at him.

 

“Whatever... Just get us out of this place. Lately I have had the feeling that something isn't right around here...”
“Are you sure it's not just the fact that Baekhyun is still ignoring you?”
“No... I can't really put my finger on it, but... I just... I just want to get out of here.”
“Alright, we can send you both away by lunch tomorrow. Right darling?”
“Do you want me to collapse from exhaustion or something?”

 

Xiumin glares at his husband who smiles cheesy and whispers a low I know you love me. All he can do is roll his eyes in annoyance once more before he tries to get back to working. If they can get out of this mansion as fast as possible, then he knows he can punish Baekhyun as fast as possible. Besides, the feeling he has gotten in his stomach the past days doesn't feel like something he should be ignoring...