Chapter 8

Expected Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

He doesn't remember how long he was in the bathroom after leaving Chanyeol in the living room. He was too shocked from the sudden kiss and his sudden confession. He was shocked because of himself since he let out all his feelings and didn't even think about what he said. But eventually he had to leave the bathroom and try to face Chanyeol who probably is waiting in the bedroom. Like he thought, Chanyeol was already in the bedroom and had just changed his clothes. He tries to avoid the taller man's gaze and instead heads over to the side of the bed he thinks is his.

Silently he changes his clothes and tries to not think too much about everything that has happened the past hour. The whole day has been filled with too many confrontations and emotions – he just wants to sleep and try to not think about anything anymore. When he's done, he sits down on the bed and slowly glances over at Chanyeol who is sitting with his back against him. Is he... waiting for him to say something or just waiting for them to go to bed...? He's not sure to be honest... Nothing is very clear anymore...

He feels how he looks down at his hands and allows the silence to swallow him. A couple of seconds passes, and he has plenty of time to think about what Chanyeol said and what he himself said only moments ago. The whole day Chanyeol has tried to confront him, or he has been teasing him and even flirted with him. But at the end of the day, they both just end up sitting here in silence despite everything that has happened...

In the end, he doesn't know what to say or do. He has tried to think about everything that has happened, but all he can do is to lie down on the bed and try to fall asleep. He feels how Chanyeol follows his lead and lies down on the bed as well before he turns off the lights. There they lie in the darkness while trying to sleep. None of them have said anything, but the room is obviously filled with a strange tension. He wants to sigh and bury his head underneath a pillow, but it will be too obvious for Chanyeol to not notice him acting weird. In the end he only lies there and stares out into the dark until he will eventually fall asleep. If that will even happen...

 

***

 

The sound of birds singing gently in the background slowly wakes him from his sleep. He's still tired and he would probably have slept longer if it wasn't for the sounds of the birds singing in the background. He slowly opens his heavy eyelids and stares towards the big window in front of him. There is a weak light streaming into the room from the sun outside, but most of the curtain stops it from reaching into the room. He glances over at the nightstand and sighs when he sees it's only 8 am.

Since it's too early to wake up, he decides to try to fall asleep again. He listens to the birds singing and slowly falls back into slumber, but it doesn't feel like he completely falls asleep. He's still somehow conscious of his surroundings. His ear picks up the sounds around him and his body begins to notice that someone has come closer to him. He feels how he gets pulled closer to something warm and cozy. It is only now that he begins to feel the coldness from the room, but he's not freezing.

While he drifts in and out of sleep, he notices something is different from usual. Well, something is obviously different. His tired mind doesn't seem to want to care, so he just keeps on sleeping. But eventually, something wakes him from his sleep.  He feels something soft yet warm against his neck and then against his shoulder. He feels how it keeps happening: a soft touch against his skin that almost tickles yet feels good. The sensation is something he recognize, but it still confuses him.

He slowly opens his eyes and groans when a stream of sunlight hits his face. It is then he feels it – the soft touch that woke him up. He turns around quickly, noticing that he's not sleeping alone and that someone is holding him. With a puzzled look he stares at the person who is behind him and of course there is no one other than Park Chanyeol lying there. The tall man smiles at him with his messy morning hair and his stupid charming eyes that almost seem to dazzle in the weak sunlight.

 

“C-Chanyeol...?”

 

He stares confused at the taller man who for a second almost looked a bit pissed, but then he puts on his smile again and leans closer. Without a word being said, his lips get pressed against his and he feels how Chanyeol's hands grabs his waist and pulls him closer. The moment would have been really loving and sweet – if they had been on good terms again. He feels how he quickly turns his whole body around and pulls out to breath, but also to glare at the taller man. He thinks he knows what has been going on while he was still half-sleeping.

 

“Yah, Chanyeol-”

 

He can't even finish his sentence before he feels how Chanyeol pushes him down slightly and slowly gets on top. His face nearly burst out into a blush when he feels Chanyeol's firm hands holding his waist while he stares down at him.

 

“Good morning to you too.”

 

The giant smiles playfully before he leans closer, but this time he's ready for what is coming. He quickly puts one of his hands against Chanyeol's lips and gives him a pissed glare.

 

“W-What are you doing? G-Get off me...”
“But you didn't seem to dislike it when you were still half asleep.”
“B-Because I wasn't sure what was going on!”
“Are you sure about that? Because I definitely heard you before.”

 

The whole situation just became worse. His whole face burns in embarrassment as he tries to remember anything that could have been him . Chanyeol chuckles lightly as he gently pushes the hand, he held over the giant's mouth down against the mattress and then leans closer. The embarrassment becomes too great for him, so in the end he can only look away and stare at his hand that Chanyeol has pinned down against the mattress.

 

“I-I did not...”

 

Chanyeol's soft lips shuts him up nearly right away. He can feel the giant gently kiss his neck, sending shivers down his spine and waking his butterflies in his stomach. His face still burns in embarrassment, and he tries to open his mouth to say something, but he's scared that he will accidentally let out a moan.

 

“I see that you don't dislike getting kissed after all.”

 

He wants to say against the taller man, but the moment he tries to say something, Chanyeol gently places a kiss on his lips to shut him up. He has no choice; he has to push Chanyeol away from him or at least force him to listen to him. He puts his hands against Chanyeol's chest and quickly pushes him away from him to get some room to breathe, but also to glare at the taller man. But before he can glare at him, his eyes notices something that catches him off guard.

He falls speechless while staring into the red eyes in front of him that is not only staring at him – they're literally glowing at him. He feels how he gulps slightly and how his instincts is slowly taking over him. He feels tensed, even a bit nervous and he's ready to kick Chanyeol away if he does anything against his will.

 

“Chanyeol... D-Don't even think about it... I will kick you if you-”
“Calm down, you know I wouldn't hurt you. You can trust me-”
“I never said you could bite me!”
“But it's your punishment Baekhyun-ah, for trying to cheat on me with Minhyun.”
“I-I never did-”
“Baekhyun-ah... You should know around now, but... I get awfully jealous, and I get jealous very easily...”

 

Chanyeol's sweet and soft voice has turned into a husky yet charming one. The red glowing eyes are digging into his eyes, engulfing him, and showing him just how jealous the vampire truly is. He stares into the hungry eyes and feels how Chanyeol's hands grabs his wrists and pins him down onto the mattress. The taller man leans closer to him, not scared to show his teeth while he smirks at him.

 

“I told you that I would punish you, didn't I? Don't worry, I won't make it painful.”
“C-Chanyeol, s-stop it. It's not funny.”
“What's wrong Baekhyun? Am I not funny enough to play with? Was Minhyun really that more alluring than me?”
“Minhyun has nothing to do with this! I wasn't even thinking about doing it with him!”
“Really? How can I trust you and make sure that you're not lying?”
“I can't believe you... Y-You just told me that you don't trust me... This is exactly like before. Nothing has changed.”
“But you don't trust me anymore as well, right?”
“Of course not! You lied to me and hid the truth from me!”
“Baekhyun-ah... I will trust you if you start trusting me. I promise, I will never doubt you ever again. Show me you trust me, and I promise to always trust you – no matter what.”

 

Chanyeol leans closer, letting his lips brush against his neck and gently kisses it. A shiver runs down his spine and he nearly moan as good it feels. But... Is this really alright? He allows Chanyeol to trail his kisses down his neck and to his Adam’s apple, making him moan silently. Damn, this giant is too charming for him... His heart is telling him that he wants this, but he doesn't know if this is the right way to do it.

 

“Please trust me Baekhyun-ah... I know you will like it... You always do...”

 

Chanyeol's deep voice tickles his ear which makes it hard to not melt for his charm. He should scream no, push him away and show him that he can't just play with him. But the taller man has woken a strange lust within him, he just can't resist him. He wants to trust him again... He wants to feel happy again... He wants to feel good... He wants Chanyeol to be his again...

 

“Do you promise to never doubt me ever again...? Not even once...?”
“I promise and swear that I will never doubt you ever again.”
“So if I say that I never planned to do it with Minhyun, will you finally believe me?”
“Yes... Even though it didn't look like it... I will trust you.”

 

He stares into Chanyeol's red eyes, watching them full of determination while they stare back at him. Since when did he stop being scared of those glowing eyes? Since when didn't he mind them anymore? He's not even nervous anymore, he just thinks they're kind of... y. He doesn't have to say anything for Chanyeol to know what his decision is. Chanyeol smirks down at him and gives him a gentle kiss on the lips before he trails his kisses down his jawline and down to his neck.

 

“Remember, you have to relax... Or else I can't do it properly and it will hurt...”
“I-I'm trying...”

 

Nervousness washes over him out of nowhere and he remembers the first time Chanyeol convinced him to trust him. Isn't this a little too familiar? No... It is different because this time it feels more... mutual. He tries to calm his nervous body and leans back to make it easier for Chanyeol. He concentrates on Chanyeol's soft lips that is kissing him, but it only makes him feel strangely warm and his body wants to squirm underneath the taller man. He can't believe that he's allowing this to happen... But it kind of feels good... No, it definitely feels good...

 

“C-Chanyeol... J-Just do it already...”
“What? Are you getting impatient? Don't tell me you are that excited to get bitten?”
“I-I'm not! J-Just get over with it...”

 

Chanyeol chuckles against his skin which tickles him, but he manages to hold back his laughter. By now he has begun to relax, and he allows himself to close his eyes in hope to not start thinking too much. He concentrates on Chanyeol's firm hands pinning him down onto the mattress. He feels how his fingers clutches around his wrist gently before he finally nibbles his skin with his teeth. He jumps slightly from the sudden yet soft bite, but he calms down when Chanyeol kisses the spot gently like he's trying to . This damn giant just won't show him any mercy...

 

“T-That's not biting me...”

 

Just as he finishes his sentence, he feels how Chanyeol's teeth finally digs into his skin. A sharp sting spreads on his neck as he lets out a loud gasp. He whines slightly from the pain, but it only takes a couple of seconds before the pain fades into something that feels strange within his body. He gasps once more, but this time it's not out of pain. A strange pleasure fills him, just like the first time, but it feels even more intense and stronger than what he can remember. He begins to feel hot while the feeling is spreading throughout his whole body.

The pleasure makes him lose control of himself. He leans back in pleasure, out loud and allowing his hands clutch against the sheets. Chanyeol pushes him downwards slightly more, allowing his body to fully rest on him while slowly his blood. He can feel the taller man's hands grab his wrists slightly harder, pinning him down onto the mattress harder when he hears him moan out loud.

He can't think straight anymore. His body feels weak yet hot and the pleasure is covering him from his head to his toes. Chanyeol is obviously enjoying the moment as well while taking his sweet time drinking his blood. The pleasure becomes almost too much for him and when he thought he would pass out from it, while and whimpering loudly, Chanyeol finally pulls out. He feels how he stares up at the taller man in front of him, his eyes slowly turning back to normal, but he's still wearing a stupid grin on his lips.

 

“Wow... Honestly, I have never heard someone moan that loud from getting on blood before. That's rather impressive and y.”

 

Once again, his face turns into a burning flame from the embarrassment he's feeling. Chanyeol only chuckles at the sight and even gives him a charming yet playful smirk.

 

“I didn't think you would like it that much. But if you really like it so much, I will make sure to punish you every single day.”
“O-Okay! That's enough already! I did what you ask! Now get off me!”
“Why are you in such a hurry? I mean, you didn't seem to mind us cuddling at all just a moment ago.”
“I-I was still asleep!”
“Half asleep, but you knew what was going on. No excuses Baekhyun-ah, you already know the truth yourself.”

 

Chanyeol gives him one last smirk before he finally lets go of his hands that he was pinning down. He slowly sits up, forcing Chanyeol to move while doing so, but he moves slowly to not become dizzy. The sudden blood loss will surely affect him, even though Chanyeol didn't seem to take too much of his blood. He slowly sits up on the edge of the bed, allowing his feet meet the cold floor and is just about to stand up – but something stops him. He feels how a hot breath gently tickles his neck and ear, sending shivers down his spine, but in a pleasant way.

 

“Oh, one more thing before you go. You look really adorable while you're blushing, just as adorable as your moans. Please keep that up, it's really alluring.”

 

He then feels how Chanyeol's lips gently kisses him on the neck, making him jump startled before he quickly stands up. He doesn't care if his head becomes a little dizzy from the sudden movement, he just wants to get out of the room. He sprints out of the room, his face as red as a tomato and his heart beating faster than what a cheetah can run. He stumbles into the bathroom, locking the door behind him before he leans back against the door. His eyes meet the mirror in front of him, showing his red face and the hand he's holding in front of his mouth.

The shock is too strong for him. He allowed himself to fall right into Chanyeol's trap – allowing him to kiss him, hug him and even his blood. He can't deny that it did feel good, and Chanyeol even has proof that it felt good, but his head isn't ready for this. He can't believe that he let his heart and feelings take over him – he let his body take over him and ignored every logical thought within him. He wasn't only shameless enough to enjoy Chanyeol's little play, but he also moaned and for a short moment wanted more of it.

The more he thinks about it – the kissing, the touching, the pinning down – the dizzier he gets. His body feels hot, and his heart is beating weirdly. He's not sure what he's feeling at this point, but he can tell that he's awfully embarrassed. His eyes scan his expression, the blush on his cheeks and the slightly swollen lips that hasn't kissed Chanyeol's lips once, not twice, but three whole times. The thought makes his stomach tingle weirdly and something within him is telling him that it's alright – that it's supposed to be like this. It's supposed to be just like this...

 

***

 

After he took a cold shower (to mostly calm down his burning face and his strangely hot body), he finds himself in the kitchen. He hasn't seen a single sight of Chanyeol since he left the bedroom, but he's a little relieved to be left alone at the moment. He spends sometime in the kitchen, making breakfast and even preparing for later meals, but he unconsciously makes breakfast for two instead of one. When he is done, he realizes what he has done, and he can't help but to feel a bit dumbfound – since when did he assume that Chanyeol will eat with him? He barely eats dinner with him, yet alone lunch. He has never shared breakfast with the giant before...

 

“Good morning. Oh, it smells really nice. What is it?”

 

Chanyeol's deep voice startles him in the middle of his thoughts as he's fast to spin around. The taller man is standing in casual clothes – just simple t-shirt and sweatpants, but his hair is sloppily dried after a shower. He wants to sigh and a part of him wants to scold the giant for not drying his hair properly – what if he catches a cold? He's about to open his mouth and scold the taller man, but something stops him: since when did he start to care about Chanyeol again? H-He's not supposed to care...

 

“I-It's breakfast... Eat...”
“Oh, you made some for me too? How nice of you. Then shall we sit down and eat?”

 

Chanyeol easily swoops the plates of the counter and places them on the dining table. He can't protest by now and only follows Chanyeol to the table and joins him. As fast they sit down and start to eat, the silence engulfs them, and they both seem to be busy with thinking and eating. No one is saying a thing – he mostly chews on his food and tries to not stare at the taller man in front of him. Though, Chanyeol is obviously staring at him. When he's finally finished with his food, Chanyeol opens his mouth and ends the silence.

 

“I have been thinking a little. I don't have any work today and you don't start school until tomorrow, so maybe we can do something together? What about a walk in the forest or maybe you would like to watch some movies?”
“O-Oh... Uhm... I don't really know what I want to do...”

 

Hesitation is filling him instantly the moment he sees Chanyeol open his mouth. He knew that something like this might happen, but he's still somehow caught off guard. At the moment he doesn't have a solid reason to why he shouldn't spend time with Chanyeol, but he's not sure if he can handle the taller man at the moment. He's not sure if he can handle his strange feelings at the moment...

 

“You know, I'm not forcing you to be with me. I just thought it would do us some good.”

 

Chanyeol gives him a calming smile, like he knew exactly what went through his head. But the moment Chanyeol smiles at him, guilt overwhelms him, and he can feel how his heart is giving right into Chanyeol's stupid plan.

 

“W-Well... A walk in the forest can't be that bad. And it's always good to be two in case something happens...”
“Great! Then I will take care of the dishes and-”
“I think it's better if I do it.”
“Yeah, probably, but I still want to be of help. I can't be served all the time if we're going to live like this.”
“I will teach you how to take care of the household chores another time.”
“If you say so darling. I trust your judgment.”

 

Once more Chanyeol flashes him a warm smile which makes his heartbeat weirdly. He doesn't want to admit it out loud, but he really likes that white and warm smile. It makes him feel warm on the inside and his stomach tingles strangely every single time. B-But it might just be because he's not used to see Chanyeol smile at him! That's right, it might be his body's way of getting shocked!

 

“L-Let's get ready. I will take the dishes.”

 

He hurries to get up of his chair and begins to clean the table right away. Chanyeol helps him carry the dishes to the sink at least, but from there he leaves the work to him. He starts washing the dishes and makes a mental note to ask Chanyeol to buy a dishwasher in the future. The less household work they have, the better it will be for both of them later in time when they have more things to do. When he's done, he heads out to the hallway to find Chanyeol dressed in better clothes and his hair properly dried. He gives him a charming smile as he holds out his jacket for him.

 

“It's still a little chilly outside, so let's dress up properly.”
“T-Thank you...”

 

He desperately tries to push his stupid feelings to the side and hurries to get his jacket and shoes on. When they're both done, they exit the house and steps out into the fresh forest air. Honestly, the air here feels much better than the air around the mansion. It feels more fresh, more alive and it's full of the scent of the forest. Dew is hanging in the air; the trees' scent follows it, and the gentle breeze his face softly. All the tension within his body disappears within a second and he feels strangely relaxed and at ease.

 

“I asked Kyungsoo to make us a forest route around the lake if you would like a long walk. He spent a lot of time preparing it, so let's use it and enjoy the view.”
“He did? Wow... You really do make your people work hard.”
“It was actually his own suggestion. I told him we could just pick a random direction and walk however we like, but he said there would be a risk for us to get lost or at least for me. So, in the end he made a small forest route we can use.”
“I see.... You better thank him properly later – he's actually looking out for you more than what you think. It would be foolish to not have a forest path to follow.”
“I-Is that so...? I guess you're right...”

 

Chanyeol looks slightly dumbfound and mumbles something to himself. He only chuckles at the sight of the taller man but stops the moment he realizes what is going on. He's being a little too easy-going with Chanyeol. He shouldn't just open up to him like he did before, he should make sure there is a distance between them and make sure that the giant won't make a fool out of him again. But he keeps forgetting that over and over again...

 

“Come on, the forest path is this way.”

 

He nods to an answer and walks after Chanyeol who is leading the way. They don't say too much at the moment, they only walk towards the forest and enters a small path that is nicely cleared and plowed for them. They begin to head down for it, watching the trees and bushes grow around them and create a cozy path in front of them. Birds are singing, the scent of a deer in the distance fills his nostrils and the slightly damp air leaves a cooling feeling against his skin. He likes the scent of the fir around them, but also the scent of the wild nature itself. He likes the freshness of the air, and he can tell that there haven’t been any humans living near or around here for quite a while. They're literally in the middle of nowhere. Just the two of them...

 

“So... About... About last night...”

 

The peacefulness suddenly feels a bit ruined. Honestly, he didn't want this peaceful moment to be ruined, but Chanyeol saw his opportunity to talk with him. Of course, he wants to talk about last night... He probably wants to talk about this morning too... A heavy sigh accidentally leaves his lips while Chanyeol glances over at him.

 

“I know that you probably don't want to talk about this, but I can't ignore it either. I want to talk a bit more about what we said yesterday. I won't force you and you don't need to reply if you don't want too, but I still want to talk with you. If it is too heavy and bothersome to talk about yesterday, we can talk about something else.”
“There is nothing to talk about...”
“Then... You have absolutely no questions for me at all? Not a single one?”

 

Chanyeol gives him a rather shocked look and he even seems to be a bit disappointed. Well, it is true that he has a couple of questions spinning around his head, but he doesn't want to bring them up. On the other hand, his curiosity is nagging him from within to just open his mouth and ask his stupid questions.

 

“Well... I might have... one or two questions...”
“I'm always open for questions. I will try to answer as much as I can.”
“Really? So, if I ask you if you have had any previous relationship before this one, you would openly and honestly answer me?”
“Two.”
“W-What? Two?”
“Yes, I have had two serious relationships before you. One was out of business, but I grew tired of her, and she became too much for me. The second one was also a young lady, but... My brother died and she said rather horrible things about him... No one really knew him as well as I did... He usually never became violent... Sometimes I wonder if he really attacked you out of instinct or... Or if someone had drugged him...”

 

The cheerful Chanyeol suddenly disappears and besides him walks a rather sad man. His eyes look to be distant, and he seems to be thinking about the past. For the first time, he realized something: Chanyeol had lost his brother. Vampires might not have many feelings or might not understand them quite well, but they still have special bounds with each other. Family is still family after all...

 

“Sorry, I didn't want to bring him up. I know it makes you uncomfortable-”
“No... It's alright... Like I told you, I didn't get angry at you because you're his brother.”
“I see...”

 

Chanyeol falls silent again, almost like he's processing everything that has been said. They walk fully in silence for another couple of minutes, not even looking at each other as they pass the scenario around them. He tries to not think about the sad expression he saw on Chanyeol's face or the strange feeling he has in the stomach. They keep walking on until Chanyeol stops for a moment to study a small opening in the forest that leads out towards a giant field.

 

“I heard beautiful flowers will start growing here any time soon.”

 

He walks up to the taller man and stands beside him, watching the rather empty field that is only covered in a small layer of green grass. He studies it for a while, watching how the sun shines onto everything before a hand suddenly – but slowly – grabs his. He glances down to find Chanyeol grabbing his hand and when he looks up at the taller man to question him, he finds the man stand smiling at him. His eyes look to be dazzling in the sunlight and for some reason, the paleness in his face makes him appear even more handsome and charming than he thought before. He's literally seeing Chanyeol in a new light...

 

“I'm glad I have you, Baekhyun-ah... I... I honestly feel more at ease knowing that you're here with me. There are still a lot of things I don't understand when it comes to feelings, like why my heart sometimes hurt or why I feel uneasy whenever I don't know where you are. I might sound annoying and even childish to you, but I'm hoping that you will show me the ropes and lead my way until I know how to walk on my own.”
“I must ask... Why...? Why don't vampires understand things such as feelings?”
“I don't know either. We're creatures who seek blood from other beings, preferably humans, but also creatures close to the human race. We were once connected to the human race, but like the werewolves we developed into an own race that became hated. I guess to survive we developed something to stop our emotions since back then we didn't know how to get blood without killing. Nowadays we have other blood sources, and we can drink as much blood we want without harming the other part. But I guess the whole emotion switch in our bodies remained shut off. Besides, vampire families have never really needed the same kind of emotions as other families. We appear cold and heartless, but it's our way to survive and show love. Vampires are often hated, pushed out of society, and connected with evil. We're seen as parasites drinking blood of the almighty human race and we only appear to want to kill them. That is of course not true, but their blood is the easiest to digest and it taste a lot better than animal blood. Though... I would say that werewolf blood is my new favorite at the moment...”

 

Chanyeol gives him a playful smirk, almost like he tries to get rid of the heavy tension around them. But sadly, enough his silly joke wasn't enough to scatter the tension. Instead, it only felt worse, and he can't help but to feel a strange guilt creep closer. His stomach begins to ache and there is a strange lump forming inside of it. Great, now he's not only feeling guilty, but anxious too...

 

“Sorry, I'm not very good at making jokes at the moment...”
“It isn't the joke that is the problem...”
“I see... Well... I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable.”
“You're such an idiot sometimes...”
“I know, I have tried to not appear like one in front of you. But no matter how hard I try; I always make you uncomfortable or-”
“That is not what I meant! The thing is: you're blaming yourself too much! I-I know that I made you feel like this, that I'm the one who made you blame yourself... B-But this isn't what I meant when I told you that it was all your fault... It's not your fault...”

 

At the moment, Chanyeol appears to be more than clueless. He's staring at him with wide eyes, not sure what to say or if he's even supposed to say anything at the moment. He can tell that the taller man is caught off guard and is struggling to find his tongue again.

 

“I... I'm honestly really confused at the moment... I mean... Y-You told me the other day that it's my fault that our relationship is like this, b-but now you're-”
“I was just trying to blame it on you... It takes two to tango like they say...”
“Baek... I-I'm not sure if I understand what is going on... Are you saying that... it's not completely my fault that we're like this...?”
“Well... I-I'm not sure myself...”

 

Once again, he regains his senses. He's not sure what he felt or what he wanted to say just a moment ago, but at the moment he thinks it's better to shut up. He doesn't want to talk too much about the past or about them, he just wants to relax. He just wants to forget...

 

“Baekhyun-ah... No matter what happened in the past... I... I won't let you get hurt again.”

 

Chanyeol's words are soft and sweet, but he can sense a strange uneasiness within the taller man. Maybe he's lying? Or maybe he's just not sure if what he said was what he wanted to say? He can't read Chanyeol's mind, and he can sense his emotions partly, but at the moment he can't tell what the giant is feeling. He's too complicated to read and understand without him trying to talk to him.

 

“Baekhyun-ah... Please, from now and on, trust me again. Just like I trust you.”

 

He turns to look at the taller man who is smiling and this time not showing any sorrow or hard feelings. He doesn't appear upset nor anxious: he's just smiling at him. He can feel the taller man squeeze his hand and for a moment, it felt like he could confess his faults to his husband and forgive him for everything that has happened. But sadly enough, there is still a part of him that is hesitating and screaming in panic: don't let him in.  He's not sure what to think or feel, but he will give Chanyeol his honest chance. That is the least he can do...