Chapter 7

Expected Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

The view in front of him becomes even more breathtaking the longer he stands on the balcony to his new home. The sun is slowly setting and soon the twilight engulfs the sky and the forest in front of him. His body casually leans against the railing and the gentle breeze is his cheeks. It feels like mother nature is gently his cheeks, smiling down onto him, and welcoming him to his new home. The twilight is beautiful to stand and admire, but even though the view is beautiful and breathtaking, he can't ignore a strange feeling that is growing within him.

It isn't until now – when he finally stands here alone on the balcony – that he realizes the situation he's in. From today and on he will have to face Chanyeol every single day. He can't ignore him, and he can't ignore his weirdly beating heart or the goosebumps that covers his skin whenever the taller man whispers into his ear. He can't hide behind a depression and victimize himself – he has to grow up. He has to pull all his feelings together and most of all: he needs to pull himself together.

The twilight almost seems sad in his eyes by now. The warm yellow-orange glow slowly turns into a soft pink color and then it's slowly turns into a light shade of red and purple. He stares at the colors that spreads upon the few clouds that are slowly floating in the dusk's sky. His stomach has begun to twitch slightly by now and the lump in his stomach keeps reminding him that there are still many things that are unsolved. He's not sure if his feelings will be able to handle Chanyeol every single day, even though he has already been forced to be around his husband the past days.

His thoughts get interrupted the moment his instincts are telling him that he's not alone. He quickly turns around towards the door to see if it is someone who wants to fetch him, but to his surprise there is no one there. He slowly turns back to the sunset and studies the view in front of him, but the feeling of someone staring him down is still there. He tries to spot someone or something lurking in the forest around the house, but he can't sense anything. Is he imagining everything...? Suddenly, two arms get wrapped around his waist and he nearly shrieks startled before he feels how his head becomes heavier from the weight of someone else.

His whole body freezes as he stares down at the two arms that are wrapped around his waist and it doesn't take long before he spots a ring on the left hand. A strange calmness spreads within him as he tries to not sigh out in relief. He tries to look up at the tall man behind him, but his jaw is resting gently against the top of his head. All he can do is growl pissed and elbow the man straight in his stomach. He quickly loosens his grip of him as he turns around and watches his husband painfully rub the spot, he had elbowed him.

 

“Hey, what was that for?”
“ert...”

 

He mostly mutters to him as he hurries to pass him and walks straight towards the door. But before he can reach it, Chanyeol gently grabs his wrist and pulls him back. He feels how he gets forced into an embrace and he's fast to put his hands against the taller man's chest. Though, it is hopeless for him to try to get out of the embrace. His strength is nothing compared to Chanyeol's, yet the giant is careful enough to not hurt him while he struggles – almost like he's made out of porcelain. In the end he can only glare up at the taller man who stares cockily down at him with a stupid smirk plastered on his lips. He's so enjoying the fact that he's superior to him...

 

“Why are you in such a hurry? I just came to see you and you're trying to leave me.”
“W-What is wrong with you today? G-Get off me-”
“I don't want too.”

 

Chanyeol's voice is gently whispering into his ear which makes his whole face become hotter again. He silently curses his body for reacting to Chanyeol's obvious tease. He can't let this go on; he doesn't want to let the vampire play around with him however he pleases.

 

“Let go of me. Now. I'm not your damn toy, so get off!”

 

He pushes the giant as hard as he can until he finally gives in and lets go off him. He stumbles back slightly from the sudden release, but he easily regains his balance and glares at the taller man in front of him. Chanyeol doesn't look any different at him: he's still wearing that stupid cocky smile and his eyes are watching him carefully.

 

“W-What is wrong with you today?! C-Clinging onto me and even-!”
“What is so wrong with me touching my husband?”
“Y-You...! Seriously?! Is that the best excuse you could come up with?!”
“Excuse...? What excuse? Why else would I desire to touch someone like you?”
“S-Seriously! It's not funny! S-Stop act so almighty and-”
“So? What do you think about the house? Is it good enough?”
“D-Don't change the subject!”
“I'm not trying to change the subject; I just simply want to know what my husband thinks about our new home.”
“You...! I...! Just...!”

 

He's left speechless – literally. The only words that slip out of his mouth makes no sense and even Chanyeol seems to be rather confused. He gives him a puzzled look before he chuckles slightly and lets a hand run through his pitch-black hair. Honestly, in that very moment, his heart skipped a beat. Seeing Chanyeol casually run a hand through his hair, so calmly and slowly, to him it was probably one of the iest things he had ever seen. He is so caught off guard from his own thoughts that he doesn't notice how he's staring at the taller man in front of him.

 

“I get it, I won't tease you any further for now. Though... You are kind of cute when you get angry, do you know that?”

 

Like he thought, Chanyeol wouldn't miss his chance to when he gets the opportunity to do so. He can only try to look away and appear grumpy to an answer, but he's pretty sure that he's blushing slightly and only looks childish in the taller man's eyes. If he's going to be honest, he wishes he could just jump down from the balcony and run into the forest to hide from this embarrassing situation – but he can't. He's stuck right here with his so-called husband who is teasing him and acting weird. The whole day he's been acting weird...

 

“Seriously... Seriously Chanyeol. What is wrong with you today?”

 

He feels how he finally manages to pull himself together as he turns to face Chanyeol. To his surprise Chanyeol looks rather calm and composed, but there is a hint of playfulness in his eyes. The man in front of him is someone he has only seen once or twice before – he only comes out when they're alone and everything around them is just peaceful. He almost forgot about this side of Chanyeol...

 

“There is nothing wrong with me today. Is there anything wrong with me wanting to be closer with the man I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with?”
“You mean the rest of my life?”
“Who knows, you might live longer, or I might die early. You never know-”
“What's up with the sudden change? Y-You're strangely pushy and touchy and-”
“I'm trying to be the person I'm supposed to be. Is it wrong for me to try to change? I mean, something obviously didn't work out between us, and I want to change that. I want you to be proud to be married to me, to feel comfortable and happy with someone like me. I want you to be honest with me, to be able to tell me when I'm wrong and help me correct my mistakes. I want you to support me through my hardships and lead me through my darkest times when I can't see. I... I want to be the one you want to support the most, but also the one who will always catch you if you would ever fall.”

 

Chanyeol suddenly takes a step closer to him and gives him a calming yet very charming smile. He doesn't remember if he has ever seen Chanyeol smile at him like this – something is definitely different from before. But... But he's not ready to be open and honest with the vampire. He's not...

 

“Please... Baekhyun-ah... Don't push me away... Give me one more chance – just one. I will show you that nothing will be like before.”
“Like before...? We had nothing before... It was just... A simple play...”
“No, it wasn't. Don't ever say that. You... You had feelings for me, didn't you?”
“Does it really matter if I had or not? Everything is just... ruins.”
“You're too fast to give up Baekhyun-ah. It might appear that everything is in ruins, but it's only the outside. If we remove the broken part, the broken walls of trust that protects our inner, then we will both see that the inside is still not broken.”
“What kind of bull are you spouting? Trust? There was no trust! I was fooled to trust you, but in the end, you couldn't trust me. I'm not saying that I'm all pure and innocent, but one thing is for sure: you never trusted me.”
“And I admit that you're right – I didn't trust you back then.”

 

Chanyeol's sudden honestly is fast to shut him up. He can only stare speechless at the taller man and once again wonder what is wrong with him today. Not only is he acting all flirty and charming, but he's also being awfully open and earnest. He's not trying to hide anything anymore and he shamelessly stands in front of him and doesn't even try to protect his pride as a vampire. By now he can feel it, his heart is wavering. Is he... falling for the stupid giant again? No... Stop... It's enough...

 

“I'm sorry that I didn't trust you. I... I pushed you and even forced you to trust me. I was arrogant when it came to myself – everyone should just trust my word and I don't need to care about anything else. You are a werewolf on top of that – someone who was forced to marry your culprit's brother who is a vampire. I thought that you would never trust me and even if you did, I couldn't put my trust into you. I felt anxious whenever we left the mansion, scared that you might try to find a way to leave me and ruin the peacemaking. I used that as an excuse to lock you up in the mansion, to never let you walk alone outside the mansion's boundaries and to make sure that you didn't meet any unnecessary people who could fool you to leave. You can say that I was a bit paranoid. No, I still am a bit paranoid. I didn't like it how Minhyun touched you. I didn't like it how you could be so calm and let another man touch you so easily. I didn't like the thought of you being with someone else, smiling happily while you never smile at me. And then the thought of you hating me hit me – that is the most unpleasant thought of them all.”
“I-I don't care what you say... I'm leaving...”
“Baekhyun... We will share our bedroom here; we will spend a lot of time together and we can't avoid each other anymore. I'm only saying that there is no point in you running away because eventually you have to face me. Didn't Xiumin tell you? I'm the one who will take you to school every day on my way to work. We will eat dinner every day and in the end of the day, we will find ourselves lying beside each other.”

 

He hates to admit it, but that giant has thought of everything. His words are smooth and charming – coated in sugar. But he doesn't want to be fooled. He admits everything too easily. He's acting like he has feelings for him, but it feels too unreal. Why would Chanyeol suddenly fall in love with him? It just doesn't make any sense to him. No, he will end this stupid game and just try to live peacefully from now and on.

 

“You can't force me sleep with you... I can sleep wherever I want-”
“No. I told you, didn't I? I hated it when Minhyun suddenly flirted with you. I told you that I'm not alright with you being touched by other men. Don't you remember Baekhyun-ah? I told you that if you misbehave even once, I will punish you.”
“T-This is exactly like before! You say that you want to change, but-!”

 

By now, Chanyeol has stepped up to him and his charming smile has turned into a more mischievous one. He feels one of Chanyeol's firm hand gently hold his jaw and tilting his head up. He's caught off guard and all he can do is stare up at the giant who is leaning closer to him with the stupid smirk on his lips.

 

“I told you – you're my husband. You seem to have forgotten about the fact that you belong to me as much as I belong to you. Since you have forgotten so badly about it, I will punish you for it. A part of your punishment is that you have to share room with me again.”
“W-Why would I even-?”
“It doesn't matter what you have to say at the moment, because you know that I have the right to punish you this time.”
“I-I'm not going to let you play around with me again! I'm going to see Xiumin and Chen before they leave! So, move it!”
“Alright, but you should hurry. They're about to leave any second now.”

 

With that being said, Chanyeol's lets go off him and finally lets him escape the balcony. He hurries into the house and struggles to calm down his beating heart. His cheeks have turned red and he's obviously feeling a little strange after everything Chanyeol said. He doesn't want to admit it, but Chanyeol did say a lot of things he has wanted to hear for a long time now. Even though Chanyeol have admitted everything he wanted to hear, he still can't just accept him. No, he won't accept it.

 

“Oh, Baekhyun-ah! Your timing is perfect!”

 

Lay's sudden voice startles him as the slightly taller man grabs his arms and pulls him to the side. He silently curses himself for letting his guard down and he notices that Lay is staring at his still blushing face. A small smirk spreads on his lips and he can see a glimpse of excitement in the Chinese man's eye.

 

“I see that Chanyeol had fun teasing you.”
“S-Shut up, it's not like that at all.”
“If you say so sweetie, but I'm not a foolish man. I too know the feeling of wanting to be angry at someone, but in the end your heart just refuses to listen.”

 

Lay gives him a funny smile, almost like he's slightly pained or reminded of a rough moment in his life. For the first time since he met Lay, he realized that he too knows a lot about relationships. Well, it was Lay who helped him out a lot in the beginning when both Chen and Xiumin weren't around. How does it come that he has forgotten about Lay's hard work? He was there for him as much as Chen and Xiumin – he even took the risk to take him out to buy a gift for Chanyeol's birthday once!

 

“Anyway, I wanted to have a word with you alone. Chen and Xiumin are waiting downstairs and won't leave until you come by and say goodbye. Kyungsoo had to leave early, he looked a mess and both Chen and Xiumin didn't want him to overwork himself any further.”
“I can understand that. Kyungsoo... He... He seems to be bothered by something and he refuses to talk about it. But it's obviously something that is keeping him up at night.”
“I thought so as well... But that isn't what I wanted to talk about! It's also important, but I have something else I want to mention. Uhm... I have some business to attend to for a while, it's only two months. Kyungsoo will probably be busy as well since he will be working half-time at his parent's restaurant and half-time here. So, I'm afraid that you will have to cook a little more on your own for a month or two.”

 

Lay gives him an apologetic smile and even bows his head slightly. The whole situation makes him feel awfully awkward and even a little bit worried – Lay never treats him like a noble. Why is he suddenly acting like this?

 

“Lay, I'm more than fine with cooking on my own. If you have personal issues that needs to be taken care of, then both me and Chanyeol understand and will help you out. If you ever need to talk or need help, don't hesitate to call us. We're all a big family after all.”

 

He watches Lay become more relieved as he smiles and even nods happily to an answer. He gives his friend a pat on the shoulder and tries to ignore his own problems at the moment. His friend needs him more than anything at the moment – both Lay and Kyungsoo need him.

 

“I'm glad to hear that you're willing to help me out, but I have to go. Next time I come by, let's talk a bit. Until then, I hope your situation becomes better as well.”
“Well... only time will tell.”

 

They both exit the guestroom they had sneaked into and head downstairs. When they arrive to the kitchen, they find Chen, Xiumin and Chanyeol stand talking casually to each other. For the first time since he met everyone, he finds them all stand and talk outside their business faces. Xiumin laughing happily and Chen is fooling around and entertains the other two. Chanyeol seems to be relaxed as well and it even looks like he's enjoying himself.

 

“Ah, there you are! We did wonder where you went Baekhyun-ah.”
“Sorry, I wanted to exchange a couple of words with him.”
“So, are you guys going to leave or do you want to stay for dinner?”
“Actually, we think we will call it a day. We both have been working for over 24 hours and we kind of want to take a break.”
“But we promise to come by your office Chanyeol on Wednesday, and we will come by on Friday Baekhyun-ah. So don't worry, we will not forget you two.”
“I see, then we shouldn't hold you here any longer. Right Baekhyun-ah?”

 

He only nods to an answer and ignores Chanyeol's stupid smile on his stupid lips. Instead, he walks up to Chen and Xiumin and gives them a big smile. He's going to miss them so much...

 

“Drive safely and be careful, we don't want anything bad to happen to you two.”
“That is rather what we want to say Baekhyun-ah. Don't run around in the forest too casually, you never know what is out there.”
“Don't worry, my keen senses will protect me. Besides... Chanyeol is here...”

 

The last he could barely utter, mostly because he didn't want to admit it. But the others seemed rather pleased with his comment and even give him a pat on the head.

 

“We're glad that you trust Chanyeol with your safety. Trust us, he knows what he's doing.”
“C-Come by often and don't forget about me! That is a must!”
“We promise! See you on Friday!”

 

Chen and Xiumin begin to take their leave and Lay excuses himself as well. It appears that his ride home has arrived as well. Both he and Chanyeol walk them to the door and study the new black car get parked outside. Curiosity takes over him as Chanyeol also secretly peeks over his head to see who is here.

A young man with pitch black hair steps out of the car. His smile is soft and gentle, and his appearance makes him feel like a rich businessman who is a real gentleman at the same time. Chanyeol chuckles lightly above his head when he sees the man which causes him to get even more curious.

 

“Do you know who that man is?”

 

He mostly whispers to Chanyeol who is busy with waving goodbye to Chen and Xiumin.

 

“That's Kim Joonmyun... CEO of the Kim Ink. Company.”
“Oh... W-Wait, what is the CEO doing here?”
“I think that is Lay's lover...”

 

Chanyeol mostly mumbles as Lay waves goodbye to them. They watch the gentleman give them a slight wave and even a nod before he helps Lay inside the car. They both stand silently and wait for the car to leave. When they're finally alone, he feels how Chanyeol's arms gets wrapped around his waist and how his breath suddenly hits his neck.

 

“Now it's just the two of us...”

 

For a second, he was caught off guard and even allowed his stupid body to react to Chanyeol's deep voice. The hot breath that softly his neck sends a shiver down his spine and for a moment, it felt perfectly fine and even a little nice. But then he snaps back to his senses as he sighs out loud.

 

“Let go of me Chanyeol. I have to cook dinner.”
“The dinner can wait, can't it?”
“I'm hungry...”

 

He tries to sound a little whiny which makes Chanyeol chuckle slightly, but his plan seemed to work. Chanyeol slowly lets him go and even lets out a small sigh.

 

“I understand, you need food. While you cook, I will go and organize my office. I told them to just put everything where there is space, so I have to check everything.”
“Do so.”

 

Once again, he tries to ignore Chanyeol and heads towards the kitchen. For now, he will just concentrate on cooking since it has been a while he was in a kitchen and he's not sure what to make. He's a bit excited to be honest, but he shouldn't get too much ahead of himself. Instead, he will try to make something simple and something he can enjoy. For now, he just wants to try to get back to the life he once lived back at home.

He quickly starts looking around in the kitchen for something to make. He finds the equipment he needs easily, and all the ingredients are placed where he knows he can find them. It doesn't take long before he begins to chop some vegetables and prepare the meat. He's in the middle of it all and only focuses on the cooking, so he barely notices someone staring at him. Suddenly, just as he put down the knife he was holding, two warm arms wrap around his waist, and he feels how something rests against his shoulder.

 

“So... What's for dinner?”

 

Chanyeol smiles happily and snuggles his head against his neck. He nearly lets out a chuckle since the giant's stupid hair is tickling him, but he doesn't want to make the giant believe he likes it.

 

“Yah! You can't sneak up on me while I'm cooking! I could have hurt myself!”
“But I made sure that you put down the knife first...”
“B-But still!”
“Whatever you say honey...”

 

Chanyeol makes him speechless for the hundred time today. Why won't he stop being so weird?! This is not the Park Chanyeol he met to marry months ago! T-This man is a stranger! This man is definitely scarier than the Park Chanyeol with the cold eyes and arrogant voice! But... It's also the Chanyeol he feels strangely comfortable with...

 

“Don't get in my way... I don't want to get hurt...”
“I promise, I will just watch you silently cook the food.”
“Oh shut it...”

 

He tries to sound annoyed, but he realizes that his voice is failing him. Honestly, he thinks his whole body is failing him. His heart is beating weirdly and he's feeling awfully happy at the moment. If Chanyeol would have been a werewolf, he would have sensed his feelings easily by now. But luckily, he can still pretend he doesn't care. Even though his heart obvious still does care...

 

***

 

The evening passed by quickly. After he made the dinner, which he ended up eating with Chanyeol, he tried to find somewhere he could be alone from the giant. He looked around the house a bit more and studied the cozy rooms. In the end he found himself sit down in the living room with a book he found in the bookshelves. It's the one Chen recommended him the other day and he said it is a must read for book lovers.

About 10 minutes into the book, he notices how the light in the room becomes dimmed and only ten seconds later Chanyeol sits down beside him on the couch. He tries to not look up at the taller man beside him, but the scent of something sweet catches his attention. He glances up and notices how Chanyeol holds out a cup of tea towards him.

 

“I thought you might want some tea.”

 

He stares at the cup and then looks up at Chanyeol with suspicion. What if he has put something strange into the tea? Why should he trust him right here and now? Besides, since when could Chanyeol actually make tea?

 

“Don't worry, Lay have taught me properly so it shouldn't be that horrible.”
“I never said anything about it...”
“I know, but I just wanted to be considerate for once.”

 

Before he can reject the tea, Chanyeol grabs one of his hands and puts the cup in it. He quickly grabs it to not drop it and then pulls it closer to him. He watches Chanyeol lean back with a wine glass in his hand as he stares silently towards the giant windows. The darkness outside is slowly creeping closer, but it doesn't make him the slightest uncomfortable. If he's going to be honest, at the moment he feels rather relaxed despite the fact that Chanyeol is sitting right next to him.

He allows the silence in the room grow stronger while he holds his hands around the warm cup. The book he was reading is resting on his lap while his eyes are staring into the sweet tea. After a while he allows his eyes to slowly travel from his teacup to Chanyeol's face in the dimmed light. He studies his face's features. The jawline. His soft lips. His deep brown eyes. His outpointing ears. He can't help but to study the charming face that is so soft and full of calmness.

His eyes suddenly meet Chanyeol's and he's too late to look away without being caught staring at him. Chanyeol gives him a smirk as he leans closer with his face. In that moment, he knew it was a mistake to let down his guard around the giant.

 

“What is it Baekhyun-ah? Am I too handsome to stop staring at?”

 

Chanyeol's voice is full of sarcasm, and he can't help but to feel embarrassed from the comment. He was actually staring at him because he is rather handsome... No! Stop it! Don't fall for him! He quickly looks away from the taller man and sips on his tea instead.

 

“Oh? Did I hit right on the mark?”
“Oh shut up...”
“Alright, I will shut up.”

 

He wants to sigh in relief, but he doesn't get to relax just yet. He suddenly feels how Chanyeol grabs the book in his lap and then he watches the tall man lie down on the couch. By now his head is resting on his lap and the wineglass he was holding is standing empty on the coffee table in front of them. He stares speechless at the tall man who is staring right up at him with his deep brown eyes.

 

“W-What are you doing?”
“I'm shutting up by staring at your beauty.”

 

Chanyeol's gives him a cheesy smile and it nearly makes him want to pour his hot tea right in his face. But in the end, he only looks away and sips on his tea. He doesn't have any energy left in him to push the giant away from him. Today he will just give up... He sips on his tea for a long time and tries to ignore Chanyeol's stupid gaze. Eventually he has drank up his tea and Chanyeol is fast to take the cup from him and put it away.

 

“Since you're done, shall we go to bed? It's already late and we need to learn to go up before 10 am if we want you to be able to go to school.”
“I-I'm not a child...”
“I know that, trust me, I wouldn't want to live alone with a child to a husband.”

 

Chanyeol sits up and this time he's sitting right next to him. He can feel the taller man's breath hit his face gentle and how his hand has sneaked up onto his lap. W-Why is he suddenly so close...?

 

“Baekhyun-ah... Do I have to prove that I don't see you as a child?”
“N-No... I-I'm good... S-Shall we go and sleep?”

 

He's fast to get up of the couch as Chanyeol smirks at him. He tries to leave the living room quickly, but he doesn't even get to walk three steps before Chanyeol has grabbed his hand and pulls him back. He stumbles back into Chanyeol's embrace and he can feel the hot breath hit his neck gently and softly.

 

“I... I don't want to ruin this moment... I honestly don't want to talk about it... But I feel like I won't be able to rest properly if this continues...”
“W-What are you talking about...? T-There is nothing to talk about...”
“Baekhyun... I have tried to understand you the whole afternoon and evening. I have studied you. I have tried to read your reactions to what I say and do. But... I'm not very good at understanding others. I... I need to hear what you feel to be able to understand you.”
“W-Why are you suddenly so interested in silly emotions and-?”
“Baekhyun... Please... Be honest with me... I... I need to hear the truth. Is there really... nothing left within you? Is there really... no feelings left for me...?”

 

For the first time, he can hear Chanyeol's shaky voice that is surprisingly anxious. The moment Chanyeol's voice reaches his ears, the lump in his stomach that he has forgotten as grown bigger. He feels sick and his heart is aching. This is not how he wants to react...

 

“There is none left... Nothing...”

 

He forces the words out of his mouth, but he could barely utter them properly. His stomach is aching even more by now and for some reason, he feels hurt. No... That is not what he wanted to say... That is not what he should have said... But... He doesn't want to open up...

 

“I see... I... I had hoped that there would at least be just a little left...”

 

The disappointment in Chanyeol's voice is ringing clearly in his ears and he's not sure if Chanyeol is feeling hurt or just upset, but something is obviously wrong. Chanyeol slowly begins to let go of him, but his heart refuses to stay quiet any longer than this.

 

“There are no feelings left... Is what I want to say... But... I would be lying if I left it at that. Of course, it's impossible for me to not have feelings left for you. Did you really think that I just had a small crush on you? Do you honestly think that my feelings were as simple as to just push them to the side? Do you have any idea how much I'm suffering because of you? D-Do you even understand why I cried for days or why I refused to look at you?!”

 

His frustration finally shows up and his voice is trembling. Great... He let his feelings get the better of him again... He quickly grabs Chanyeol's hands to remove them, but within a second his body changes its mind. The moment he feels how Chanyeol is clutching to him and how he refuses to let him go, his hands lose all power. He can only hold onto the firm hands around his waist and feel how Chanyeol's face gets buried against his back.

 

“I... I want to understand you... I want to be able to read you... I-I'm really trying to understand your feelings. I thought that you still had some feelings left, but in the end, I can't even understand why you would try to push me away despite the fact that you still have feelings for me.”
“Then you're not trying hard enough... Y-You... Say so many things... You keep saying that you want to change... B-But you're still so damn ignorant-”
“I'm not ignorant... I'm not trying to play with you... I just... Don't know how to... love... I... I don't understand feelings... I don't understand such things that are so obvious to you... I'm not like you Baekhyun-ah. I wasn't raised in a family full of love and emotions. I was raised to be a businessman. I was raised as a vampire...”

 

By now Chanyeol is squeezing him in his arms, holding him as close as possible to make sure he won't run away from him. But he can't run away from Chanyeol, even if he wasn't holding him. Because there are just too many emotions within him that refuses to let him go.

 

“Please... I'm still trying to learn... I just want one more chance... Please Baekhyun... I... I beg you... Baekhyun... I beg you to give me one more chance... I-I don't understand much, but I want to understand. I want to change... I want to make you happy... I want to love you... But... I can only do that if you teach me how.”
“You say that, but... You're already acting like you know how to love...”
“But you're still avoiding me... You're still not facing me... There is still this stupid distance between us despite the fact that you're in my arms...”
“It's because you don't even understand why I got upset from the beginning...”
“I thought it was because my brother was the one who tried to kill you... But... You said it was because I didn't trust you... And I understand that now... Why you got upset...”
“It wasn't just that, it was just... all of it... I-I don't even know why I got so hurt...”

 

His voice is slowly failing him by now. His emotions are failing him as well. Tears wants to find their way out of his eyes, and he can't keep his voice straight anymore.

 

“I... I don't want to talk anymore... Please... I just... Wants to sleep...”
“Okay... Let's go to sleep... But... At least now I know that you still love me...”

 

He can't say anything back to Chanyeol. He just tries to take a step forward, but Chanyeol's hands are fast to move. He feels how Chanyeol quickly spins him around and he's forced to face the taller man in front of him. He can't hide the pain in his eyes nor the tears that are slowly streaming down his cheeks. He wants to leave the room and pretend that he's alright, but Chanyeol won't let him. Instead, the giant gently pulls him closer and rests his forehead against his.

 

“I'm sorry for making you cry... I'm sorry for hurting you... I promise you that I'm not here to play with you... I won't hurt you... I will make sure you understand my feelings... I promise that I will do my utmost to understand you and love you... So please don't cry...”

 

The strange warmth from Chanyeol's hands, his soft breath hitting his face and his gentle voice whispering in his ears is all it takes to break down his walls that he put up within him. He can only cry to an answer before Chanyeol pulls him closer to him and he notices how the hot breath comes closer. Before his mind can process everything, he feels how something soft meets his lips. The feeling is soft and gentle, but also full of energy. He can only close his eyes and allow his hands to grab onto Chanyeol's shirt.

Chanyeol's slowly pulls out and stares down at him with his deep brown eyes. Something within him wants to pull him down again, to let him be a bit more selfish and steal another kiss from the taller man. But something within him is still scared to let go of all his brakes. He's scared to open up too much at once...

 

“I-I think we should sleep... E-Excuse me...”

 

He's fast to leave before Chanyeol can react. He hurries out of the room with his heart still beating crazily. When he's finally hiding in the bathroom where he knows Chanyeol won't be able to see him, he slowly slides down the door and sits down on the floor. He feels how a hand sneaks up to his lips as he stares down at the floor in front of him – he's not sure what to feel at the moment. He just kissed Chanyeol...