Chapter 3

Expected Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

“And that's the last you need to know from this chapter. Any questions?”
“Uhm, Minhyun hyung, could you please explain this part again?”
“Of course. Let's see here...”

 

He carefully listens to his teacher's explanation and nods slightly to show him that he's listening. After a while, they both get interrupted by Chen who steps into the room with a smile on his lips. Well, at least it wasn't Chanyeol coming by today like he does sometimes to check upon them. That's right, Minhyun has been allowed to stay and teach him from Monday to Friday until they will move from the mansion – or until the great Park Chanyeol thinks it is enough.

 

“I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you, but your time is up for today. I need to borrow Baekhyun for a while now if that is alright.”
“Of course. I will take my leave and I will see you next week Baekhyun-ah.”

 

As usual Minhyun leaves the room as Chen walks up to him with a strange smile on his lips. That's right, Chen has slowly begun to be more and more around him. Kyungsoo is still hanging out with him, but he has become more like a friend than a servant to be honest. But at least he's never alone like he used to be.

 

“Good afternoon Baekhyun-ah. How are we today?”
“I don't know... Fine I guess.”
“I see... Well, since it's Friday, I thought we should start preparing a little for tomorrow. A whole week has passed already and there are a lot of things that are going to change from next week and on. First of all, Minhyun will only be teaching you the whole next week until Friday. We might be able to have him come over and help you out in the future, but it looks like sir Chanyeol doesn't think you will be needing him for much longer.”
“Oh what a surprise...”
“Second of all, tomorrow is a very important day. Do you remember what is going to happen tomorrow or have you forgotten about it?”
“Uhm... It's full moon tomorrow...?”
“Yes and that is exactly why we are going to finish the rituals-”
“I told you that I don't care about them. I won't dine with that stupid giant like last time-”
“I know this is hard for you, but you need to listen to me. It is extremely important that you try your hardest to have positive thoughts in your mind while doing the rituals. I'm saying this for your sake and not mine.”
“I get it, try to not affect the magic badly... I get it...”
“Good. Now, I would like you to come with me and show me if there are any books in here that you would like me to bring to the new house.”
“Books...? I guess there are some...”
“I would also like you to show me if there are any movies or anything else in this mansion that you would like to bring with you.”
“Okay... I guess I can do that...”

 

He begins to walk around in the library and points out the books he has planned to read sometime in the future. Chen picks them all out and puts them on the studying table before he follows him around the room again. They keep looking around for a while and Chen happily points out other books he would recommend. At first, he felt a little weird with being alone with Chen in the library and with Chen acting like everything is fine, but after a while he forgot for a moment about what has been going on lately and let himself enjoy Chen's company.

 

“Oh, this one is REALLY good! I strongly recommend this one! If there is any book you should read, then this is the one!”
“Okay, then I will definitely want to bring this one with me.”
“Great! Oh, there is a really good movie adaption to this book. You should read the book and watch the movie afterward. Which reminds me, we need to pick out some movies as well before we're done. And if there are any books you have forgotten, we can always come back and pick out some new ones.”

 

He nods to an answer and realizes that Chen is smiling rather happily at him. He can also feel Chen's feelings strongly today: he's feeling relieved. Could it be that he has been worrying about their relationship...? He tries to shake his thoughts away and follows Chen out to the living room where he picks out a couple of movies and series he can watch if he gets bored. They take their time to look around before they get interrupted by Kyungsoo who is smiling happily at them.

 

“Good afternoon. How are you doing in here? Are you getting anywhere?”
“I think we're almost done by now. Right Baekhyun-ah?”
“A-Ah, yeah, I think we're more or less done.”
“If you miss anything, we can just come by and pick it up later. It's not like we're going to throw anything away or sell the mansion.”
“So what is bringing dear Kyungsoo here?”
“I'm here to check upon you guys. It looks like you're doing just fine.”
“Well, since we seem to be done here, I will leave Baekhyun in your care. I will see you later or tomorrow Baekhyun-ah. Oh, and remember that tomorrow is an important day.”
“Okay... Thank you for your hard work.”

 

Chen smiles happily and leaves the room quickly. He watches him leave before he looks over at the smiling Kyungsoo who clears his throat gently.

 

“What do you say about us taking a nice stroll around the forest? The weather is lovely today and the air isn't too cold either.”
“Mm... That sounds like a good idea.”

 

Kyungsoo smiles happily as they both exit the living room and heads over to the hallway. They get dressed properly and gets their shoes on before Kyungsoo leads the way out of the mansion. The spring air surrounds them the moment they step outside, and he can feel a soft breeze his cheeks. The breeze is filled with the sweet scents from the forest that is slowly blooming. A small smile spreads upon his lips as he walks straight towards the forest with Kyungsoo silently following him.

They both walk through the forest in silence, mostly because they don't know what to talk about. Kyungsoo keeps a small distance to him, and he allows himself to look around in the calm forest while getting lost into his own thoughts. He walks wherever his body pleases and he listens to the calmness around him. He can sense a deer run in the distance and he can hear water drop slowly fall from a tree's branch down to the ground. He concentrates all his senses to not let his own thoughts overwhelm him with things he has tried to not think about the past weeks. He just doesn't want to think about anything anymore...

 

“Baekhyun... I think we shouldn't walk much further from the mansion.”

 

He snaps out from his own world and looks over at Kyungsoo who is standing a couple of meters back from him. He gives him a soft smile and turns to face him. He just got a splendid idea!

 

“Kyungsoo-ah let's race back! I don't remember the last time I was in my true form, and I could really need to get some steam out of my body. What do you say?”
“I don't know... I don't really like to be in my true form...”
“Why not? Don't you feel frustrated when you can't let the magic steam out?”
“Of course I do, but I also don't like my true form... It reminds me of bad decisions...”
“Hey Kyungie... Can you... tell me more about those bad decisions?”
“Only if you start opening up to me first.”

 

Kyungsoo is fast to put up a facade, something he does whenever he tries to get too close to Kyungsoo's private life. Of course, he himself have closed Kyungsoo out of his private life as much as he can, but this is becoming tiresome. They both obviously have a couple of things in common, but they never talk about it. It's just too painful to open up about those things... But... Maybe that is exactly what he needs to do to feel better...?

 

“I... I still don't know much about what has happened here while I was gone... You are suddenly hating Chanyeol, and you don't trust anyone in the household at the moment – not even me. Before you would always run after Chen and talk happily with him... I don't like the aura we have around us, it's suffocating. Even I have a problem to hang out with Lay since he came back because of what happened while I was gone...”
“I'm sorry... It's not like I wanted it all to turn out like this...”

 

He turns his back against Kyungsoo and stares into the distance. He wonders how far he could run before he collapses... A soft breeze his cheek and for a breath moment it felt like there was someone reaching out to him and holding a soft hand against his cheeks. He closes his eyes and pictures his own mother in front of him. Her bright smile is shining in front of him and shortly his two sisters are appearing beside her while giggling. Behind them all stands his father, his warm smile fulfilling the picture. He misses them so much...

 

“I... I will tell you something about me if you... tell me what happened here.”

 

Kyungsoo snatches him back to the reality again as he opens his eyes. Honestly, he does want to open up to Kyungsoo about everything, to just get those frustrated feelings out of him. But... He feels like there are a couple of things he would like to do before he opens up to his new friend. There are a lot of things he needs to think through before he does that...

 

“Alright then. Let's make a bet. If you can beat me in a race back to the mansion, I will tell you exactly what you want to hear – no holding back. But if I win, you will have to answer my questions. Is that a good deal? I promise to not ask too many questions and go too deeply into your private life if it becomes too hard for you to talk about it.”
“Why do you want to race me so badly? It's annoying...”
“Because it's good to let out some steam from time to time. Trust me, I held back myself for ages and eventually I nearly broke down. I believe that if you let out some frustration, you will feel better.”
“Then doesn't that mean you actually want to talk about what has happened here?”
“Only if you can beat me.”

 

He stares right into Kyungsoo's eyes and watches them turn slightly brighter – is he accepting the challenge? He feels how he begins to smile and Kyungsoo smiles back at him.

 

“Alright, I will accept that offer. Though, I want to add to something: you have to tell me everything I ask TODAY and not in a week or two. Deal?”
“Fine, but you won't win against me so easily. Don't underestimate me-”
“Oh, I think you are the one who underestimated me.”

 

Kyungsoo smirks and within a second, he's allowing himself to turn from his human from into his true form. He smiles and quickly joins him in letting his human form go. It feels slightly painful to turn into his true form this fast, but when he's finally done, he feels free. His eyes stare over at Kyungsoo's wolf's eyes before they take off. They sprint down the forest, not a single sound leaving them while they quickly but gently run past trees, stones, and the bushes.

He doesn't remember the last time he felt this free and careless. So many feelings have been building up inside of him and so much anxiousness and sorrow has filled him. He doesn't remember the last time he let it all out and just relaxed. He's enjoying the moment he's currently in and not worrying about the future or about the past. They run and run, both trying their best to reach the mansion first. Though, it looks like he's losing the game this time...

The moment Kyungsoo reaches the end of the forest, his body transforms into his human form, and he does the same when he comes behind him two seconds later. They stumble out from the forest, laughter leaving their mouth while they collapse down onto the ground. They stare up at the sky, feeling their chests move quickly and how they gasp for air. A bird flies by above them, soaring high from the ground in its freedom. He wants to be that bird... He wants to be free from burdens, free from his troubles and free from his feelings...

 

“I won... I actually won... Honestly, I thought you would definitely beat me.”
“Well, you started before me. Cheater...”
“Well, you never said when to start, so I just ran.”

 

They laugh a little and slowly sits up on the ground. Everything around them is peaceful and he likes the calmness that he's feeling. He wants to feel like this all the time... He wants to be happy again. He wants to be the careful young werewolf he once claimed to be. He wants to go back in time, to the time when his troubles were to hide his blushing face and his embarrassment. He just wants everything to go back to how it was before...

 

“Hey... Let's go inside and get something warm to drink. I heard that sir Chanyeol is leaving the mansion in a short while and it will be only you, me, and Lay left here for a while. Lay will be busy preparing the food, so we can hang out in your room and just talk. What do you say about us letting out some more steam?”

 

He looks over at Kyungsoo and remembers his bet: he's stupid for making those bets without thinking them through first... But a bet is a bet, he can't go back on his words now. He can't betray Kyungsoo and fool him – he doesn't want to break his trust after all. He gets up off the ground and brushes himself off before he reaches his hand out to Kyungsoo.

 

“Alright... It's not a very pleasant thing to talk about... But I guess that I have to tell you about it at least once.”

 

Kyungsoo seems satisfied with his answer as he grabs his hand. He pulls Kyungsoo up on his feet before they begin to walk towards the door. They talk slightly about their race and about them actually feeling less frustrated afterward. They're in the middle of their conversation when they both notices that someone is watching them, and it wasn't hard to find the source. In the door opening stands no other than the master of the mansion – the almighty Park Chanyeol.

 

“You two sure took your time out there.”
“I'm sorry master Chanyeol, we just got caught in some werewolf things.”
“I see... At least you're back again. We're leaving.”
“I see, then I wish you a pleasant trip. Will you be coming back later today or tonight?”
“We will be back early in the morning tomorrow. Don't wait up.”
“Like I would...”

 

He mostly mumbles to an answer and hurries inside while Kyungsoo smiles awkwardly towards his employer.

 

“I'm sorry, he's still not in a very good mood-”
“I don't care, as long he's still here when I come back. Baekhyun, tomorrow you better not run around like you did today.”
“Don't worry, I still have my sense of responsibility left in me.”
“Good, at least now you're behaving like you should.”

 

He wants to glare at the giant so badly, but he doesn't say anything and just takes his things off before he leaves the room. Right now, he couldn't care any less about the stupid giant and his stupid business trip. It's just good for him to be left alone with Kyungsoo only and not worry about anyone else hearing them talk.

 

“I'm in my room if you need me Kyungsoo...”

 

He heads up to his room first and allows Kyungsoo to stay and talk with Chen and Xiumin about the plans for tomorrow. He doesn't want to stand there like a fool and pretend that he's sorry for them leaving. Before he would always feel a little sad to see his two friends leave and he was even sad to not be able to see Chanyeol, even though back then Chanyeol could be rather cold and harsh. He walks up to the second floor and then heads down the corridor towards his own room. He can still hear Kyungsoo and the other talk downstairs, but it's only vaguely – not that he cares about them at the moment...

His room is left in the chaos he left it this morning: no one has bothered to clean it. Usually, Chen would always tide it up for him, even though he told him to stop doing so. If he messed up the room than he should clean it, but Chen always claimed it was a part of his job. A tired sigh escapes his mouth as he walks over to his bed and sits down onto it. He listens to the silence around him and allows his eyes get stuck on the drawer that is right beside the door. He focuses on the drawer only for a while, but then his eyes get stuck on a small jewelry box that is standing on top of the drawer along with some candles and other things.

Slowly he gets up of his bed and walks over to the drawer. He stares down at the black jewelry box and carefully reaches his hand out to it. He hesitantly picks it up and opens it slowly: inside lies two rings. For a moment, his heart begun to ache and the urge to pick up the rings nearly overwhelms him – until he hears the sound of footsteps. He nearly throws the box away from him before he sits down on the bed and waits for Kyungsoo to enter his room. He listens to the footsteps until they reach his door, and it finally gets opened.

 

“There, now they have left, and everything is in order. Now, let's have a small talk – just you and me. You remember your promise, right?”
“Yes... I do... Come on... Let's just get over with it.”

 

Kyungsoo nods and puts on a serious face instead of his usual carefree expression. He closes the door behind him and then walks up to the bed where he is currently sitting. They both take a good seat on the big bed, and he gathers all his thoughts. Honestly, he doesn't feel the slightest comfortable at the moment, but he knows that Kyungsoo's trust for him will go down and it will be harder to try to get to know his new friend if they keep acting like everything is fine when it isn't.

 

“I don't know how much you know about what happened... But... To put it simple, it all begun at the wedding day. Everything was fine the whole wedding and during the after party and all, except that Chanyeol's psycho grandfather showed up and my head begun to act weird. I have had this problem with my head from time to time and it only happened when a vampire was involved, and I have had strange nightmares too. I found out why... After the wedding, we were supposed to do those special rituals which we had begun with, but then my head begun to hurt, and I fainted. Later on, I had a vision or rather a forced flashback. I-I saw something that had happened in my past that had been locked away in my memories – something I wasn't supposed to see. And that's why everything here at home is ruined.”
“What did you see? I mean... What had happened in the past that could mess this whole place up? Everything have been in chaos since I came back and your collapsing-”
“I was attacked by Chanyeol's big brother when I was little...”

 

Kyungsoo falls silent the moment he tells him the truth. He waits for a couple of seconds in case Kyungsoo needs to let the truth sink in. Though, he probably went silent mostly for himself. This is the first time he's telling someone about what happened to him out loud. He and Chanyeol argued about it, yes, but he didn't say it out loud to anyone else until now. He feels strange and the lump in his stomach is growing stronger the more he thinks about it.

 

“Chanyeol's big brother... Chanyeol's big brother was drunk one night and hungered for blood... He found me in the forest, and I didn't go home before it got dark like I promised by parents. I... I was chased down, harmed, and tackled to the ground by that vampire... He drained me on blood, not holding back and later laughed at his prey. Though... My parents showed up and killed him. They were merciless on the vampire which caused the Park family to grow a hatred towards me. I-I had no idea about anything of this until the wedding night when those horrible visions took over me and I collapsed. My parents didn't tell me anything about this when Chanyeol offered me to marry him in exchange for peace and everyone in this household except you knew about it. Chanyeol planned to hurt me, to make me suffer and live a miserable life here with him as revenge for his brother's death. Everyone knew about it... Except me...”

 

He feels how he falls silent and watches Kyungsoo nod slightly with his eyes locked on the floor. The room falls into silence, and he feels how he curls together. The urge to cry is strong within him and the lump in is stomach feels stronger than before. He wants to lie down and cry and just fall asleep, that way he will feel better and eventually fool himself that he's not miserable. Then he could fool himself that all of this never happened...

 

“To me... To me it sounds like a lot of things have been going on behind your back.”
“Exactly...”
“But... Don't you think everyone hid that fact for your own sake?”

 

He feels how he looks up at Kyungsoo, scared that the shorter man will betray him as well and take the other's side. Why would Kyungsoo decide to side with the vampires...? No, he shouldn't side with them! He should side with him!

 

“What are you-?!”
“Wait, before you scream at me, just hear me out! I know that you're upset and talking about this isn't easy for you. What you have experienced... Being attacked by a vampire... I... I know how it feels. I... I have also been in your shoes once and I know it's horrifying when those fast and strong creatures easily pin you down. It was terrifying for you to be in that situation, right?”
“O-Of course it was! I was nearly killed and chased like a prey!”
“Then don't you think it is reasonable for everyone to not want to bring that up in case you would get upset or remember your rough past? I mean, it's obvious that it was your parents who sealed away those memories – but they did it for your own good. Sure, it was wrong for them to not mention the truth, but maybe they didn't want to put any more burden at you than necessary? It was already tough enough for you to leave your home and family and live with a stranger who also happens to be a vampire and your future husband.”
“But that doesn't mean it was alright for everyone else to hide the truth!”
“Maybe they wanted to tell you but was too scared to hurt you? I think Lay was trying to warn you and I know that Chen considered telling you the truth all along-”
“I don't need you to convince me that they're innocent... I don't want to hear-”
“Then why are you cutting me off? Why are you so scared to hear the words that I'm saying? If you don't care or if it doesn't matter for you to hear those words, then why are you so desperately trying to shut them out?”

 

Kyungsoo gives him a serious gaze that is filled with empathy. Honestly, he doesn't know how to answer his friend – he just doesn't want to admit the truth out loud. He looks away and curls together on the bed some more before he hides his face against his thighs.

 

“I don't want to talk about this anymore... You're not helping the slightest...”
“You're only saying that because you know I'm right. No matter what you say, the truth will always remain the same. I'm not saying that everyone is innocent, but I'm also trying to make you understand that not all of them did this on their own accord.”
“So in the end Chanyeol is the only bad guy...?”
“Well... When it comes to Chanyeol... I wouldn't want to say he's the bad guy either...”
“See... You're not helping at all... You only talk and talk, but you don't truly know how it feels to be put in my shoes-”
“Don't say that because you don't know me. You don't know what I have been through-”
“It's because you never open up about yourself! You keep telling me to do that, but you're doing the exact same thing as me! Don't lecture me... I don't need to be lectured...”
“I can't tell you everything about me within a night Baekhyun... But I can say that I do know how you must feel not being able to show your true feelings. Feeling locked up, being hurt and betrayed – it's something I'm scary familiar with.”
“Then talk to me... Talk to me so we both can understand what we are going through-”
“I'm not the one you need to talk to at the moment. Who you truly want to talk to isn't me nor Chen nor Xiumin and definitely not Lay or your family. The one you're longing for is the master of the mansion – or am I wrong?”
“You're wrong... I don't need him... I don't want to see his stupid face...”
“I see... But you should at least contact your family, tell them that you know the truth and talk to Chen, Lay and Xiumin some more. I saw how you and Chen were talking earlier today in the library and in the living room – you looked truly happy.”
“I just got carried away in the moment, that's all...”
“But doesn't that mean that you actually want to be able to talk with Chen again like you used to? If you just try to talk to him, even just a little, he will gladly talk back to you.”
“Kyungsoo... I told you that I don't want to be lectured... I told you what happened while you were gone, so you can leave now... We're done with the conversation for now...”

 

Kyungsoo sighs silently, but he doesn't complain too much. Instead, he gets up of the bed and slowly leaves the room. Kyungsoo gives him a weak smile before going out and then closes the door behind him. A tired sigh escapes his mouth as he lies down on the bed and grabs a pillow to push right into his face. He then lies there on the bed, the pillow in his face and the lump in his stomach still aching. He hates this feeling... Why is he feeling like this...? Dear goddess... Why are you making him so upset...?

 

***

 

It's late in the night and the moon's soft and gentle shine is streaming into the room. Slowly he walks over to the window and stares out into the garden. He can't sleep, no matter how hard he tries. The lump in his stomach refuses to disappear and his grumpy mood refuses to go away. After his and Kyungsoo's conversation, he hasn't been able to calm down and he's constantly angry or grumpy: why is he acting like this? Things used to be so much easier before when he was the shy or scared young werewolf who didn't know how to act like a noble. He worked so hard to become what everyone expected him to be, and he wanted to be acknowledged by everyone – especially by Chanyeol.

He wraps the blanket around his body and slowly sits down in front of the window. He stares into the cold night and fantasies about his life. How would it have been if he never found out the truth? Would he live happily ever after and be in deep love with Chanyeol? Or would he be fooled even worse and end up starving himself to death? Well, he nearly died for only a month ago, but that doesn't even matter at the moment.

 

“Dear goddess... My parents used to tell me over and over again that you will always guide us when we're lost. You are the source of our power, our strength, and our happiness. A wealthy life isn't about money and power itself, but about love and joy. You taught us how to become peaceful in the forest, how to live without harming any beings if it is unnecessary. You wanted us to be a peaceful people, and everyone believes that you are our savior in this big world... But... Why am I suffering from the truth...? You told me I needed the truth, but it only makes me suffer more. Why am I suffering when I'm following your teaching? I don't understand... What do you want me to do...?”

 

He stares out at the garden with teary eyes: his frustration is slowly taking over him. He's not sure what he's supposed to do anymore. His heart is telling him to stop his foolish behavior, to open up again and let everyone into his heart once more. But his mind is telling him to push them away, to never let anyone near him again and keep him on a safe distance. What is the right path...? What is the right thing to do...?

 

“Dear goddess... I don't doubt your existence... But if you truly are my goddess and you truly want to protect me... I ask you... No, I beg you... Show me the right way... I don't want a wealthy life with money, jewelry, or political power like the humans... I just... I just want the happiness I once felt...”

 

The night is silent and empty – only his prayers are being heard. Honestly, he hasn't prayed to his goddess for a long time now and he regrets not doing so. It is not like he believes that this is her punishment, but he believes that he wouldn't have lost his way if he had kept listening to her. He can still feel her presence: the power of the moon is still lingering around within him. He just wishes that he could get a more specific answer to his prayers.

He curls together on the floor and sighs tired: he wants to sleep, but the lump in his stomach won't let him. He wonders if he's anxious because tomorrow he will have to face everyone again and finish the wedding rituals. Honestly, he just wants to get over with it, but at the same time: he's not sure if he will be able to make a decent ritual in his current state. Right now, he could need to just get away from everything and everyone, even if it is just for a day or two...

 

“Dear goddess... Please take me away from the mess I made...”

 

He buries his face into the blanket and sobs silently. Why is he so messed up? Why are his feelings clashing with each other? He wants to be angry, but he's in depression as well. He wants to be happy, but he's too scared to open up again. He knows that if he just tries, he might gain what he wants – but he's too scared. In the end, he just wants to disappear...

 

Chanyeol's P.O.V

“Good work today master Chanyeol.”
“Would you like a warm bath to end the long day or just go to bed?”
“Anything is fine with me at the moment...”

 

A tired sigh escapes his mouth while he thinks back to this afternoon. A lot of things have been going on the whole day. He has been getting calls the whole morning from different nobles, businessmen and clients – on top of that he hasn't been able to rest well lately. He's constantly tired and it's hard to keep himself calm whenever a new problem shows up. Maybe a bath would do him some good after all...?

 

“You know what, I think I would like that bath after all.”
“I'm glad to head that. I will get it ready right away for you.”

 

Chen hurries into the bathroom while Xiumin walks over to him with a cup of tea in his hands. It isn't until now that he has noticed that Xiumin has lighted a couple of candles around the room. What is he trying to do here? Set a romantic mood?

 

“Here you go, some refreshing tea.”
“What is going on? Why are you acting so suspicious?”
“Well... Do you remember last night when you asked me why Lay placed a candle on the dinner table? You asked me why and I said I just wanted to try something and... I think I know what is going on by now.”
“Really? And what is that? Why are you hiding something from me?”
“Because if it was what I thought it would be, something might have backfired at me.”
“Is that so? And what is wrong with me? Am I mentally sick or something or are you just trying to annoy me on purpose?”
“Sir Chanyeol... Have you noticed that Baekhyun is in an awfully bad mood all the time lately? Sure, I saw him laugh and walk around with Chen earlier and he laughed with Kyungsoo too, but whenever you two are in the same room, you begin to argue-”
“That isn't very surprising, isn't it? He hates me and I'm tired of his behavior-”
“That is not how you reacted after Baekhyun finally woke up. I think... I think there is something affecting you and it is only growing worse.”
“Yah... It has been a long hell day for me, and you are here speaking nonsense... Are you kidding me?!”
“Chanyeol, your bath is ready for you. Please take a long and warm bath, it will make you feel better.”
“Chen is right, it will make you feel better. Drink some tea as well, it will calm you down and get rid of the stress. I'm sorry that I annoyed you after all your hard work.”

 

He only sighs and drinks some of his tea before he gets up and heads into the bathroom. He doesn't pay Chen nor Xiumin any more attention for now and gets into the bath before it gets cold. His cold skin nearly burns against the warm water, but after a while his body temperature rises. He slowly begins to relax in the bath and leans back. Though, his mind doesn't seem to want to relax like his body.

The first thing that pops up in his head is Baekhyun. Like Xiumin said, he has been awfully grumpy and aggressive lately. He's always so childish and his behavior doesn't match anything he has ever seen before. Baekhyun could vent out on him from time to time because he's the type to hide and hold back his feelings till he bursts, but he never shows them so openly. On top of that, he himself has gotten an awfully short temper lately...

 

“Xiumin! Come in here for a moment!”

 

It doesn't even take two seconds before Xiumin enters the room and bows slightly. He stares a long time at Xiumin before he lets out a sigh and runs ah and through his hair.

 

“Earlier you said that Baekhyun is acting strangely... Tell me... Is it something with the rituals that is affecting us?”

 

Xiumin only stares at him in silence before he smiles slightly and clears his throat.

 

“Don't worry, it's not like that. I think I know what is going and everything will be fine. Trust me, me and Chen will be taking care of it. You're already too stressed out from all your work. All I can say is that we will have to change a couple of our plans, but everything will turn out alright.”
“I still want to know what is going on. I hate it when you hide things from me.”
“Then let's talk tomorrow when you have rested. Okay?”

 

He nods slowly, but he would much rather just hear him out right here and now. Xiumin smiles before he leaves the room a little awkwardly and it is then he realizes that Xiumin felt rather uncomfortable with him being in the bathtub. He chuckles slightly and leans back in the tub to try to relax, but that isn't enough. His mind still seems to want to think about all his problems. He needs to solve as much he can as fast as possible before he goes crazy. He needs to get Baekhyun back to his side before he becomes crazy...