Chapter 13

Expected Love

Baekhyun's P.O.V

He snaps his eyes open when the sound of a car door gets closed somewhere in the distance. Sleepily and confused he looks around to find something heavy rest against his chest, but he calms down nearly in an instant when he spots the familiar hair color and recognizes the familiar quiet snores. His hand softly Chanyeol's forehead carefully as a smile form on his lips. It wasn't a dream... A small chuckle escapes his mouth as he glances down at his still chest. He feels a bit dirty, he admits, but it's the proof of their intimate morning together.

His attention is shortly taken away from Chanyeol when he hears how someone literally storms into the house downstairs and a wave of fear grabs him. He doesn't recognize the scent at all! He thought it was just Xiumin or Chen who would come by or maybe even Lay, but there is definitely not them who moves downstairs with quick and rather heavy footsteps. His hands move on their own as he quickly shakes Chanyeol's body and pulls him out of his sweet and peaceful slumber.

 

“C-Chanyeol, someone is in the house! Wake up! Please wake up, there is a stranger in the house! Wake up!”

 

He tries to quietly hiss at his husband who sits up with a jerk and looks rather confused around. At first, he gives him a rather odd look, almost like he thought he is still dreaming, but then he also seems to be able to hear the heavy footsteps that are moving quickly up the stairs. His eyes couldn't keep up with Chanyeol's movement at this point. He just saw him sit beside him on the bed for a moment, and in the next second he opens the door to the bedroom fully dressed in pants and a t-shirt while roaring out into the corridor.

 

“Who the hell is here?!”

 

Tense and a bit nervous, he tries to get out of bed while feeling a bit sore and strangely weak. He tries to ignore the pain from his lower back as he wraps the blanket tightly around his body and gets up on his feet. He snatches his shirt from the floor and quickly pulls a pair of pants on him on his way towards the open bedroom door while trying to see where Chanyeol went after he stepped out of the room.

 

“Calm down you idiot, it's just me. Why the hell didn't you call me or answer my texts?!”

 

A deep and manly voice startles him as he hurries to carefully peek out of the door opening. He can't believe his eyes: is that another giant man?! Chanyeol lets out a long sigh as he lets a hand run through his hair in annoyance – yet he looks awfully relieved to see the awfully tall man in front of him. He pulls on his shirt in his hands before he takes the courage to slowly and carefully step out of the bedroom which none of the giants seem to have noticed despite the tall stranger being faced his way.

 

“I told you to text me when you're home and I got nothing! I waited the whole freaking day, and I even took my time to check upon your sorry !”
“Alright, I get it. I was busy-”
“Busy with what? With that thing over there?”

 

Chanyeol glances over at him quickly, almost to confirm that his friend in front of him is talking about him and nothing else. He nods a slight greeting towards the stranger who gives him a disgusted glance before he looks back at Chanyeol with annoyance covering his whole face.

 

“I see that you two had a lot of fun last night...”
“Actually, it was earlier this morn-”
“I don't even want to know, alright? It's disgusting as it is.”
“Stop insulting my relationship you idiot or I will literally punch a hole in you.”
“Oh, I'm so scared. Maybe I have to remind you that I can do the same to you?”

 

He isn't quite sure what is going on at the moment. For one second it feels like he's seeing two close friends just arguing about something silly and unimportant, but in the next moment it feels like they're actually glaring at each other with fury. Usually, he would probably step out of the room and hide since he has begun to notice the strange scent from the tall stranger – they're both vampires and getting stuck in a deadly fight isn't something he's too interested in. But today, for some reason, he got a feeling that it's up to him to calm down the arguing giants.

 

“Would you two stop the childish fight and move to the side please? I'm heading downstairs to make some tea. Would our sudden guest like a cup as well?”

 

The tallest man glances down at him, almost a bit disgusted at first until he notices Chanyeol still glaring at him. After a second or two of silence, the tall stranger opens his mouth to answer him while his eyes scan his face slightly.

 

“A cup of tea sounds good...”
“Feel like home and please feel free to take a seat in the living room downstairs.”

 

He gives them both a smile before he heads downstairs and tries to not listen to the following conversation – but it's hard since his hearing is ten times better than a vampire's.

 

“Did you... tell him? Obviously, he must have seen your wound since I'm guessing you-”
“He saw it yesterday and he was already suspecting I was hurt the moment I stepped inside. I could tell that he sensed the scent of blood, but I had hoped he would ignore it or think that I had been out to take a nightly drink or something.”
“But did you tell him? Why you actually went to Busan?”
“I... I didn't tell him the whole picture... I just said I went to help a friend and...”

 

Chanyeol falls silent, almost like he already knows that he can hear them all the way from the kitchen. He wants to sigh in frustration – he almost got to know the whole truth for a second. He tries to ignore the urge to sneak closer to the giants to eavesdrop on them again. Instead, he starts making tea like he promised and glances over at the clock hanging on the wall: it's already passed 4 pm... He's lost in thought while making the tea and slowly pours it up into cups after making sure it's good enough to serve. He then grabs the cups and walks towards the living room where the two giants have finally settled down in one of the couches.

 

“Here you go, a warm cup of tea. Would you like some honey or milk Mr...?”
“You can call him Kris darling, since that is what I'm calling him.”
“Who said that-?”
“I did, and I don't care what you think. Since you're so rude all the time, I will make sure to remind you that I can also be rude.”
“Geez, you're such a child...”

 

Kris, the tall stranger, rolls his eyes in annoyance, but he looks to be more relaxed and calm now when he's sitting casually in the couch. He serves the guest his tea and then handles a cup for Chanyeol who smiles thankfully. He barely gets to put down his own teacup before the tall man wraps his arms around his waist and pulls him down beside him on the couch. He wants to sigh at his husband, but a part of him feels happy and even a bit relieved to see that Chanyeol isn't scared to shower him with affection even in front of his important guest. It's not hard to tell that Kris is some kind of business partner to Chanyeol, perhaps even a friend outside work, but they were obviously talking about business while he was making the tea. Could Kris be the friend Chanyeol wanted to help in Busan...?

 

“You make surprisingly good tea despite being a werewolf... Amazing...”
“I was taught by Lay, one of the best tea makers I have met. I'm glad you liked it.”

 

Despite being insulted over and over again, he pretends to not notice Kris' harsh words. At least he did praise him, in one way that is. Chanyeol is obviously annoyed at his friend and business partner but doesn't cause any unnecessary argues while he's sitting beside him. Well, it's not like he should care what other vampires thinks of him since most of them will probably think the same. Chanyeol's grandfather is a grand example...

 

“How is your wrist today? Any progress?”
“It feels great to be honest. After gaining some blood and even gotten to rest properly, I feel almost like normal again.”
“You still haven't told me how you got that wound though.”

 

He unintentionally opens his mouth which causes Chanyeol to give him a slight apologetic smile while Kris looks rather amused. The two men look at each other which only confirms one thing for him: it was definitely Kris who was the friend in need that Chanyeol mentioned yesterday. That would also explain why Kris would be worried about Chanyeol and travel all the way out here just to check upon him.

 

“Well? Are you going to make me angry or are you going to be honest?”
“I told you yesterday, didn't I? I was just helping a friend in need and wound up getting hurt somehow. But it's all better-”
“Please Chanyeol, stop avoiding the question and just tell me: what was so important that you had to get hurt and travel all the way to Busan?”
“Well... It was so I could protect you, but also...”
“I was the one who asked him to come.”

 

Finally, the person he wanted to speak finally opened his mouth. He glances over at Kris, pretending to be a bit surprised and confused even though he already had a clue of what happened. Chanyeol sighs silently as he leans his head against his shoulder while closing his tired eyes. He still looks tired even though he has been sleeping for so long...

 

“I see... So, you're the friend in need... Do you mind telling me what exactly happened to my husband while he was helping you? I think I deserve to know since this idiot did mention that he did it not only for you, but also for me.”
“I would rather not talk too much about it since I'm not in the mood, but I get a feeling that Chanyeol will get in trouble if I won't.”
“I'm glad you're so understanding. Then go ahead, tell me what happened and why you let my husband get hurt in the first place.”

 

He doesn't want to glare at Kris, after all he would only appear like a child in his eyes. It's not rare for vampires to stare coldly and unimpressed at werewolves since they're often much older than them. To his surprise, Kris doesn't get to open his mouth before he feels a soft kiss against his neck caused from Chanyeol's soft lips before he softly whispers into his ear.

 

“Please don't be mad at him, he's just trying to cover for me. I was the one who asked him to search for someone and that person noticed Kris following his traces. When I got the word that not only Kris, but also other friends of mine were in danger because of my request, I had to go and take care of the business on my own. So please, don't be mad at Kris even though he's a rude idiotic giant.”

 

Great, now he's starting to feel a bit guilty for getting upset. It's not like Kris has been very nice towards him since he literally entered the house without their permission, but on the other hand he hasn't really threatened him to death like Chanyeol's grandfather. He glances down at Chanyeol who snuggles his face against his neck, causing shivers to run down his spine and he can't even try to argue against him. Since when did Chanyeol learn his weaknesses...? He can't be angry at him while he's snuggling him like that...

 

“Alright... I... I won't push any further... But... But please be more careful, both of you. I don't know what you're taking care of right now, but I wouldn't want any of you to get hurt.”
“Oh please, like I would ever get hurt-”
“Then why did you call Chanyeol for help? Chanyeol was hurt, obviously, which is still terrifying since you are vampires. There are only some few things in this world known to hurt your kind and few people can handle those things.”
“Just keep your bloody nose away from this matter and everyone will be much happier and safer – trust me.”
“Kris.”

 

Chanyeol sits up quickly, his tone changing slightly while he glares at his friend. He admits, Kris' tone towards him is rather sharp and extremely rude, but Chanyeol isn't the type to get upset easily. Is it because it's pointed towards him...?

 

“Is there anything you would like to say about my relationship? You have been like this ever since the freaking wedding and you won't stop harassing me and my husband.”
“Isn't it obvious? You were forced to marry this stupid creature!”
“Do keep in mind that it was me who picked Baekhyun, not the other way around. To be honest, you should pity the werewolf more than me since he had more or less no choice. I volunteered to get married for the sake of peace, yet Baekhyun had no choice but to do as he was told.”
“Oh, so you want me to pity that poor little thing that clings onto you for your money and fame? He's just one stupid werewolf who will your life force Park!”

 

He admits, Kris is starting to get on his nerves and Chanyeol is obviously feeling the same. On the other hand, he gets a feeling that those two are rather close friends despite the look of it. Chanyeol looks to be conflicted about what to do and Kris doesn't seem to want to back down either. Alright, he guesses he will just have to show them both that he's not some kind of toy that is being pushed around!

 

“Alright, that's it. Get out. I don't care who you are or what your relationship is with Chanyeol, but I won't tolerate this anymore. You're crossing the line here.”
“Oh? Did I poke you on a sore spot little werewolf? Perhaps I was right-?”
“What is your problem? If you feel like I have taken Chanyeol's attention or life away, then you're wrong. He's living as freely as before – it was me who had to sacrifice my whole future and life for him. I put away everything I knew; I went through harsh treatment and noble training to just get married to that dork over there. I hated him so much, yet I learned that he's not as bad as he wanted to appear. Vampires are bad at showing emotions, you guys are the worst when it comes to getting to know you. I was lucky to be stupid enough to fall in love with a cold acting vampire who showed me the real him from time to time. This man is my husband, my future and probably my whole life from now and on. I'm not planning on leaving him any time soon and I'm not planning on letting this idiot lose a friend just because you can't show your true feelings very well. Go ahead, tell me I'm a peasant and that I don't deserve this life. Tell me that werewolves belong in the forest like the savages we are and that I can't live with a noble vampire who deserves better. I don't care what you say to me, but it will only prove your insecurities and faults since you can't honestly say what you are truly thinking.”

 

He struggles to not growl angrily at their guest before he looks over at Chanyeol who is as taken back as Kris. With one glance towards them each, he lets out a long sigh as he slowly stands up from the couch.

 

“I will say this only once: I will treat you the same way you treat me. I don't like arrogant bastards, but since you're still special to my husband, I will oversee it this once. Learn some ing manners before you open that bloody mouth of yours.”

 

He mostly mutters the last part as he grabs his teacup and exits the room. He figures that he shouldn't be in the room at the moment until Kris and Chanyeol get the chance to talk for a while. What Chanyeol isn't noticing is that Kris is holding something back, a heavy feeling in his chest perhaps, but he didn't want to point it out too much. His werewolf senses can be really handy sometimes, he wouldn't have noticed that Kris was hiding something without them. If he hadn't noticed, he might had gotten furious instead of understanding...

 

***

 

He allows Kris and Chanyeol spend the little of the afternoon that is left and even leaves them undisturbed further into the early evening. Instead, he tries to make something to eat, cleans the kitchen and just desperately distracting himself to not hear the vampires' conversation. It's hard to shut his senses of since there is a “stranger” in their house and that stranger was rather rude and arrogant towards him, luckily Chanyeol is here to keep an eye on his friend.

 

“Uhm... Excuse me... Baekhyun...?”

 

The voice behind him startles him suddenly as he spins around quickly, a knife still in his hand since he was preparing dinner. Kris holds his hands up quickly, staring at the knife and then looks at him while giving him a skeptical look.

 

“I'm pretty sure that a simple knife wouldn't be able to stop me even if I wasn't trying to attack you.”
“N-No... I... I was cutting vegetables... You... startled me...”
“I thought werewolves had keen senses – or are supposed to have at least.”
“Yah, are you really mocking me right now?”

 

He lets his voice growl slightly as he points the knife at Kris who chuckles. For some reason, Kris only looks more amused than nervous. Well, he's pretty sure he wouldn't be scared of him since he's not very skilled in fighting and he's not near fast enough to be able to attack the taller man.

 

“I... I'm leaving now, but... Well... Chanyeol claims I have to apologize for my behavior, so here I am. It's not like I have anything to say to a werewolf like you...”
“I'm not sure if you're trying to apologize or if you're trying to mock me...”
“I'm figuring you out to be honest. I don't like werewolves, most of you are too... emotional for me. But... I guess some of you might have some sense in your head...”
“Alright, I guess that is the closest to an apology that I will ever get from you. But... You're not too bad when you don't put up that fake facade. Just so you know, I can read people's feeling very well. I know exactly what you're feeling Mr. I-pretend-to-be-cold-and-cool despite the fact that I'm just worried about my friend.”
“H-Hey... Shut your mouth... It's not like that...”
“Whatever you say Kris, just know that you are welcomed any time to join us for dinner or to visit. Chanyeol might be married to me, but that doesn't mean that his old life is gone. To be honest, we're still doing everything we used to do before we got married.”
“I know that... I'm not stupid... Park would never be tied down by a stupid werewolf...”
“Hey, stop mocking me you sarcastic baby. Are you going to leave, or would you like some dinner before you leave?”
“No... Definitely not... I... I don't feel to try any commoner food today...”
“Too bad for you, Baekhyun is a great chef! I love your food honey.”

 

Kris glances over at Chanyeol who casually enters the kitchen and heads straight over to him. His husband grabs the knife and puts it away from him before he embraces him and kisses the top of his head. It's still strange to have Chanyeol be this affectionate to him despite things are clear between them... But... He loves it. He definitely loves it.

 

“You shouldn't point the knife at our guest though...”
“He's mocking me... But... I guess it's his way of joking around. Don't worry Kris, I will play with you any time you want.”
“You two are hopeless... You know what, you can keep that stupid giant! I don't need a friend like him anyway! I'm leaving! Next time I call, ing answer!”

 

Chanyeol only smirks at Kris who rolls his eyes and leaves. He stares after the tall man as well before he lets out a long sigh. Honestly, he has been a bit tensed ever since Kris entered the house till now. He never thought he would say this, but he's glad that they're finally alone again.

 

“I'm sorry... He's... He's usually not like that at all, I promise. It's just that... After the whole marriage, things have become complicated and... I guess it's his way of handling the sudden changes in our relationship.”
“Don't tell me... You two were lovers?”
“No! Definitely not! NO!”

 

He feels how a laughter escapes his mouth as he turns to hug Chanyeol and bury his face in his chest. This is actually really nice... He closes his eyes for a moment and feels how Chanyeol slowly relaxes again before he snuggles his head against him.

 

“Kris is just... A close friend who used to be like a brother at some point... But... His family situation caused him to change and he's... complicated.”
“I understand... Honestly, I wanted to kick him out of the house the moment he glared at me, but I didn't. Be grateful that you have such an understanding husband!”
“I am more than grateful to have you.”

 

Once again, Chanyeol kisses his forehead softly while holding him gently. Damn, he's doing it again... He's making his heart skip that stupid beat and makes his stomach bubble with excitement. His body can't refuse him... He can't withstand Chanyeol's magic anymore... He loves him... He loves him so much, it's almost stupid how deeply in love he has fallen again. He promised to never fall in love like this, but his heart keeps beating joyfully and falling deeper for the love and affection that is showered over him.

 

“I'm the one who is the most grateful to have you... Even after I... Even after I pushed you away like that... And hurt you...”
“I hurt you too... I... I intentionally hurt you over and over again until I didn't know that I did it... I made you suffer... It's a miracle that you even decided to stay with me...”
“I guess we're both idiots in a way... But... You're my idiot...”

 

Chanyeol chuckles in the embrace as he looks up at his husband with a smile on his lips. Their eyes lock with each other and a strange hunger grabs him – it's more like a lust than a hunger, yet it's the same kind of craving. He feels how he lets his hands slide up to Chanyeol's cheeks before he pulls him down into a kiss. It's soft and tender, but the hunger begins to overwhelm him slowly and the kiss becomes slightly hotter and a bit rough. He feels Chanyeol's hands slide down to his waist as he gently grabs it, but it doesn't take long before they slide further down to his hips while pulling him closer.

A muffled moan escapes his mouth as his body is suddenly pushed up against a wall while Chanyeol's hands slides in underneath his shirt. Their kiss turns into make out session with muffled moans escaping their mouths and silent gasps when their hands find their way in underneath the clothes. Chanyeol's soft lips travels across his skin, kissing every part of it while his clothes are nearly torn of him. The fact that they just had a guest in the house or the fact that he was busy cooking dinner is completely blown away. They're too busy with being pressed up against the wall while touching and kissing each other.

It doesn't take long before Chanyeol lifts him up into his arms, smirking ily at him before he leans in and kisses him again. His body reacts to suddenly being lift up on its own, his legs wrapping around Chanyeol's waist and his arms around the tall man's neck. He keeps kissing his husband, feeling how he easily moves them into the living room where he gets dropped off on a couch. By now his body is pulsing with a strange sensation, almost like the lust has taken a form of energy. Chanyeol smirks down at him and makes sure to dim the lights and allows the darkness from outside slowly engulf the room.

The mode is set perfectly. Chanyeol's slightly cold hands against his skin, his soft lips meeting his own and his sharp teeth that keeps nudging his skin almost a bit painfully. He can't believe he's having it all and he loves it. His body is loving it and his mind is even accepting the fact that he loves the situation. Moans echoes through the house as they lie on the couch, kissing, touching, and just enjoying the moment. Their bodies are pressed close together, sweat forming slowly, but it doesn't seem to disturb them the slightest. No, the only thing that matter is to clench this strange lust within him.

As they go on, his body feels hotter and stranger. It's not like the first time when he felt aroused and just . This time, his body is literally burning with lust and pleasure. He's not sure if his mind is making it up or if it is real, but this far Chanyeol hasn't pointed it out yet. But the further they keep going, the hotter and stranger he begins to feel. His breathing staggers slightly, he feels dizzy and it's hard to concentrate on what is going on. He can only whimper and moan in pleasure and gasps whenever Chanyeol bites down into his already burning skin, causing it to feel somewhat sore, but in a nice way.

All of the sudden, he's lying there on the couch, gasping, and panting slightly while Chanyeol lies down beside him. He doesn't quite remember what happened except that the pleasant feeling spread throughout his whole body, and he cried out Chanyeol's name several times. His head still feels a bit dizzy, but at least his skin starts to feel like it's cooling down again. Just as he's about to move, Chanyeol wraps his arms around him and pressed his slightly cold body against him. He feels the soft lips tickle his neck while his husband kisses him and then nuzzles against him.

 

“Geez Baekhyun, you're really hard to resist when you moan like that...”
“Y-Yah... You have to be gentler... My whole head is spinning from that...”
“Sorry, I keep forgetting that you're not used to it. Don't you know it's bad to hold it in?”
“W-What are you talking about...? Geez, stop being so dirty right after we did all that... On the freaking couch... Where we drink tea with our guests... This room will never be the same again... Never...”

 

He mostly mumbles to himself, feeling a bit embarrassed for what they have done. But before he can start feeling stupid for letting it happen, Chanyeol lets out a wonderful laughter and kisses him on the neck once more.

 

“You're so cute Baekhyun-ah. I guarantee you, Sehun's and Luhan's whole house are probably ruined like our living room. It's not very unusual for couples to find different places to have -”
“Don't ruin me more than what you have done! Please!”

 

He cries out with a panicked voice, but mostly because he doesn't want to feel any more embarrassed than what he's already feeling. Once again, Chanyeol laughs as he slowly sits up and stretches out his body. He then glances down at him, making him feel a bit self-conscious since he suddenly realized he's still fully on the couch. He quickly sits up and struggles to not blush while thinking whether he should run upstairs and lock himself into their bathroom or if he should just take the first best bathroom he can find. Before he can make up his mind, Chanyeol grabs onto him and smirks rather ily at him.

 

“Hey... Do you want to take a shower with me? Or I know! A warm nice bath! Just you and me-”
“Haven't you had enough fun for today? Geez, spare my poor body!”

 

Just as he said that, Chanyeol lifts up his body and starts walking straight for the stares. He wants to scold his husband so badly, not sure what he should do with him since he's not fully listening to him anymore. It looks like he will have to try to withstand Chanyeol's intense love for him for the rest of the night as well... Dear goddess, please watch over them...

 

***

 

“I-I'm... I'm sorry...”

 

Only a growl manages to leave his mouth as he buries his face deeper into the pillow. Even though the bed is soft and warm, his body is aching from last night's activities. Not only did Chanyeol go loose on him when he came home from his trip from Busan, but also the next day without giving him the chance to rest. Not once, not twice, but three freaking times in a row... Though... It was kind of nice... Until his back begun to hurt!

 

“Hey... Uhm... I-I might have gone a bit overboard...”
“A bit?!”

 

His head nearly flicks up from the pillow as he growls angrily towards his husband who gives him the stupidest smile he has ever seen. He looks like a nervous fool who has no clue on how to handle an angry werewolf with an aching back. His eyes glares into Chanyeol's stupid face and all he can do is boil with anger.

 

“I told you that it was more than enough after the bath! But you just had to do it in the middle of the night when I was trying to sleep!”
“To my defense, you enjoyed it very much! You were the one begging me for more after just teasing you a bit.”
“It's your fault from the very beginning! If you hadn't teased me, my freaking body wouldn't react to it in the first place!”

 

Chanyeol gives up at this point, noticing that he won't be able to win the argument this time. A tired groan escapes his mouth as he buries his face into the pillows again and mumbles angrily at his stupid husband.

 

“Now I can't freaking go to school either... You dummy... You went too far...”
“I-I said I'm sorry. I-I will do anything you ask! Please don't be mad at me.”
“Mad?! I'm freaking hurting! You went too far and-!”

 

Before he can keep screaming and scolding his husband, he feels a pair of soft lips gently meet his own. This is probably the most wonderful way Chanyeol has ever asked him to “shut up”. Two firm hands gently pull him into a slightly cool embrace, but his blushing and angry body is hot compared to Chanyeol's. The cool from his husband's body isn't too bad, even though he doesn't want to admit it out loud at the moment.

 

“I'm sorry, I really am. I just... I just felt addicted to your cute and... And I really wanted to find a way to make you happy... This made you happy and feel good... So, I-”
“Next time, please restrict yourself. It actually hurts after overdoing it, no matter how nice it feels in the moment. Next time, I will literally bite your tongue off if you overdo it again.”
“Alright, I get it. I'm sorry my cute little wolfie.”
“Wolfie...? T-That was new...”
“Isn't it cute? I don't want to call you dog and I thought you might not want me to call you puppy all the time. You're my wild and super cool werewolf husband – my wolfie.”
“I don't know if you're just joking with me or if you just felt the urge to point out I'm a werewolf... You know, I don't mind what Kris said the other day if that disturbed you. Of course, it isn't alright to say anything like that to any werewolf, but I just don't care too much. I get offended, but it's not like I would get hurt from his pitiful words.”
“If he had heard you say pitiful words, he would be so angry... I wish he had heard that.”

 

He chuckles slightly at Chanyeol's stupid grin, but he still wants to remain a bit grumpy at him. Though, it's hard to not get cheered up by his husband who keeps holding him, kissing him, and cracking stupid jokes. They talk a bit about Luhan and Sehun as well, mostly because Sehun had been upset and apparently Luhan had tried to call Chanyeol as well in hope to get in contact with Sehun. It then suddenly hits him: there is someone he hasn't seen or talked to in ages.

 

“Hey Chanyeol... How long will Kyungsoo be off duty? The same goes with Lay, when will he come back? I haven't seen them both for weeks now.”
“Well... It's not that easy to be honest. I don't know when they will come back, they both are... Let's say they're tangled up with personal matters at the moment. I knew that Lay had a couple of things he wanted to try to solve, but apparently Kyungsoo also had some issues that he refused to tell me about.”

 

He nods slightly and the thought of Kyungsoo being a bit strange before they moved comes to his mind. They did talk a bit, the two of them alone, and he did realize that there is something going on in Kyungsoo's life that is rather painful at the moment. He was there to help him when he felt like he had lost himself and he pushed him back upon his feet. Right now, he wishes he could do the same to him...

 

“Hey... Don't you have work today?”
“No... I took another day off to be honest.”
“Oh, really? Then you didn't overdo our little playful night on purpose, did you?”

 

His eyes glares into Chanyeol's, noticing how he smiles a bit foolishly and dorky – this giant... He's just... impossible. He can't even remain angry at him at this point, he just sighs and shakes his head at him.

 

“You're lucky that I'm such a forgiving and understanding person... Besides, right now I wouldn't want you to be alone...”

 

Unconsciously, his fingertips Chanyeol's still hurt wrist as he stares at it. He knows that Chanyeol only wanted to protect him and make sure they can live peacefully, but this isn't the right way to do it. Yet, he's happy that he only got hurt to this extent and not worse. But if there are people after him and that can hurt him, what will stop them from finding them and hurt them again...?

 

“Don't worry too much, they were just lucky bastards last time.”
“If you say so...”
“Baekhyun... I promise you; it will be fine. As long we're together, it will be fine. Right?”

 

Chanyeol gently grabs his jaw and slowly tilts his head upwards. He smiles at his husband, not realizing how much he actually appreciates the moment until now. He stares into the deep brown eyes, feeling how a calmness spreads within him and it's almost like he can hear a faint whisper in the back of his head: you two will be alright, you know it... He smiles at the words and allows Chanyeol to kiss him once again while his hand finds Chanyeol's free hand and grabs it. Right now, he should focus on making Chanyeol feel comfortable and forget about the rest of the problems – for now that is.