Good Thing

Chosen Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

07. Good Thing

"We’re playing all night together
With explosive hearts
The air has grown hotter
Music is a treasure that fills you
(Treasure in my heart)
Just as you feel
Have a bit more fun (don’t stop yourself)"
("Good Thing" from NCT#127 Limitless, by NCT 127)

(PSA, there are some suggestive content here, but nothing too explicit that calls for an M rating)

The whole ball was fancy and Herin was baffled. She gripped mark’s hand in shock and disbelief. Seulgi’s hand was carefully poised on Taeyong’s arm daintly, yet firmly as they tried to mask the discomfort of being superficial together.

“Mark, what is this?” Herin uttered as she took the whole sight in and did a little twirl, catching the eyes of other men at the event.

Mark noticed this and held her hand tighter and pulled her closer, probably as a passive-aggressive attempt to assert she was his partner. (As much as he did not want to admit)

“You must be Lee Donghae and Jessica Lee’s children and children-in-laws.” A gentleman and a lady, dressed to the nines as well, strode up to the four of them.

Taeyong and Seulgi immediately gave pleasant nods and shook their hands. Mark and Herin followed suit with smiles.

“The ball guestlist is extensive and grander I see.” Taeyong said tactfully and the lady laughed heartily.

“It is literally a festival of the chaebols and the highest class here. There have been many additions to their families, like the young miss there. You must be Mark’s wife right now.”

The attention was diverted to Herin who merely nodded but introduced herself to them.

“Nice to meet you, I am Herin.”

“I hope you all will enjoy the buffet of food, socializing and the ball. We’ll see you around”

The main organizers of the event walked away. 

“Enjoy yourselves, socialize and remember what you must and musn’t do.” Seulgi said pleasantly on Taeyong’s behalf before they walked away.

As the night progressed Mark was increasingly prouder as Herin gained her confidence and carried conversations in a classy manner.

Herin and Mark conversed effortlessly and comfortably in English with the other guests, who were also clearly charmed by Herin.

“You’re doing well, honey” Mark said before pecking her ear.

After the fine dining, the guests socialised, their hands cradling their glasses of wine or champagne as they exchanged with one other.

The ballroom grew increasing dimmer, revealing the ethereal, fairy-lights set up that blazed across the high ceilings.

The highlight of theevent came; the dance. 

Couples were already seen parading out onto the dance floor, waltzing to the tempo of the music impeccably. Some gentleman were seen extending out their hands to ladies they’ve just met, and soon more pairs glided across to the dancefloor.

Taeyong heaved a sighed and sipped his drink even more. He and Seulgi were elegantly slumped on their seats. Seulgi stared at her drink as she swirled the white wine in her cup, mimicking the swirls the ladies’ dresses made as they danced.

From the corner of her eye, she saw Mark gently tugging Herin up. She saw the slight hesitance on Herin’s faces. From their lips, she could see Mark saying, “Don’t worry just follow me”

Herin blinked and Mark clasped her hands in between his and only gave a reassuring look. Seulgi saw Herin drawing in a huge breath before breaking into her signature style. Soon they took off to the dance floor.

Seulgi’s gaze trailed them as she watched Herin, who was visibly more relaxed, enjoying herself. Seulgi couldn’t help but beam at them.

Seulgi’s gaze was interrupted when she felt her glass being propped up. ‘I almost spilled it on my dress’ Seulgi thought and stole a glance at Taeyong. Unbeknownst to her, he had been looking at her furtively before following her gaze to the newly wedded couple.

Seulgi looked up and only found herself locking eyes with him, his gaze so penetrative yet soft...needless to say, she was captivated all of a sudden.

Maybe it is the alcohol, maybe it is the lights, maybe it is the atmosphere...

Taeyong loosened her grip on the glass and placed hers on the table beside his glass. Seulgi blinked, not knowing what was going on.

Her eyes tore away from his only when she saw his hand reaching to her. She gulped  subtly. 

Taeyong maintained his gaze and waited patiently before he felt the warmth of her hand on his. He clasped her hand with some grip but not crushing her delicate fingers.

Seulgi held her breath as they raised from their seats. She let Taeyong lead her, her eyes fixated on his hand. ‘What is going on?’

As Taeyong came to a halt and turned, his other hand reached for her waist, rooting her right in front of him. Seulgi kept her eyes angled away from his face subconsciously as they slowly started moving according to the music.

Taeyong’s hand s up her waist, up to the side of her ribcage, across her shoulders and collarbone before gently brushing her lip. Her eyes focused on his hand as her chin was tilted up to meet his deep orbs.

She held her breath as they locked gazes once again, her soul pouring into his eyes as his soul trickled down into her eyes as well. Taeyong adjusted his free hand onto her waist and she carefully placed her hand on his shoulder.

Taeyong’s eyes shifted to see her hand before he pulled her close, so close he could whisper into her ear. His breath started to tickle her ear in a soothing way that somehow relaxed her. Seulgi closed her eyes as they waltzed slowly.

Taeyong really missed her, as estranged as their relationship was. It was not attachment-free, it was complex yet secretly so special to him. He never understood their relationship but he knew there was a bond between them even after all these years.

He wanted her.

Their waltz came to a slow and they swayed side by side. Seulgi kept her eyes shut as they waltz, for once, she really entrusted herself to him and she was surprised.

Seulgi felt her mind had relinquish all control over how she behaved in front of him.

As Taeyong appreciated her beauty with her closed eyes, his fingers glided up and down her sides cradling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter