Look

Chosen Roses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

01. Look

Seulgi's eye flutter open and looked up to the ceiling as her eyes adjusted to the light filtering from the window. She noted that the alarm hadn't ring.

She turned her face to see her husband sleeping beside her peacefully. The light hit on Taeyong's face gently, accentuating his handsome features and Seulgi admired his face.

'Everyone would tell me how lucky I am to wake up with such a view.' Seulgi thought as she didn't move and her gaze was still fixed on Taeyong.

'Am I really lucky?' Seulgi thought with some bitterness in response. Seulgi snickered silently. It was not long when Seulgi saw Taeyong's eyes open slowly. As soon as Taeyong's eyes found Seulgi's brown eyes looking at him, she looked away and sat up on the bed. Taeyong continued to look at her as he ruffled his hair.

Their alarm finally rang and Seulgi quickly hopped off the bed and shut it before going to her wardrobe and going to the bathroom. Taeyong's eyes trailed Seulgi's every move until the toilet door closed behind her. Seulgi's eyes caught sight of the calendar on the way to the bathroom and she only looked down.

Taeyong took a glass of water from the pitcher on the side table before getting up to make the bed. Taeyong's eyes scanned the calendar and came to a spot on the present date. It was a Monday, they had work. But that date also represented something.

Taeyong heaved a sigh as he and Seulgi started preparing for work. His could hear his mother's voice ringing at the back of his head, regarding this particular date.

When Taeyong got out of the bathroom, he saw Seulgi applying her makeup and as she drew her lipstick. She was in a nice dress and Taeyong scanned her from head to toe. Taeyong looked away and started buttoning his sleeves and the rest of his shirt when he realised Seulgi caught him looking.

The room was silent as they got ready for work. There were barely any decorations in their room. It was minimalistic and clean. Seulgi's eye flickered to Taeyong and she got up. Going into the walk in wardrobe, Seulgi came out with a tie that matched Taeyong's attire. She wordlessly and seamlessly did Taeyong's tie for him, just like any good wife would do.

Taeyong would take glances at her expressionless face as she weaved the tie carefully until she was satisfied. When she was done, she walked away to finish getting ready. As she was packing her bag at her vanity, she looked at Taeyong through the mirror as he styled his hair. She only looked away when he saw her looking.

"Ring."

Seulgi sounded as she slid on their wedding ring on her fourth finger. Taeyong slide his ring on as Seulgi walked up to him, stopping 2 feet away. Taeyong scanned the room one last time before turning on his heel and headed out of the room with Seulgi. Seulgi closed the door behind her.

Taeyong and Seulgi descended the stairs to see Donghae and Mark already seated at the table. Jessica was laying the dishes out and smiled as she saw the married pair.

"Good morning, Father, Mother." Taeyong and Seulgi greeted Donghae and Jessica, who greeted them back.

"Good morning, Taeyong, Seulgi!" Mark chirped and stood up while greeting his older brother and sister-in-law.

"Morning" Taeyong greeted curtly to Mark while Seulgi offered a small smile and she said, "Good morning, Mark."

The usual family breakfast started and as if it was a routine, Seulgi started dishing food on to Taeyong's plate. Even though she didn't know much, over the four years, she learnt which were Taeyong's preferred food by looking at his eyes and body language.

"Thank you." Taeyong said with a small (slightly forced) smile as he picked up his cutlery.

Taeyong and Seulgi could see Donghae and Jessica exchanging smiles at Seulgi's actions. This prompted Taeyong to pour some milk into Seulgi's coffee. Seulgi watched Taeyong and even till this day, she's shocked at how he knows the right proportion of milk she like in her coffee even though she didn't explicitly tell him.

Seulgi gave him a smile as he handed the coffee to her. "Thank you" came out from her lips. 

Donghae, Jessica and Mark started a light conversation. Taeyong and Seulgi merely listened unless questions were being directed only to them.

As breakfast went on, Taeyong and Seulgi wore neutral expression to mask the odd tension between them. Seulgi's eyes darted to Donghae and Jessica occasionally and wondered, 'I'm pretty sure they are aware about Taeyong and I.'

Seulgi stole glances at her husband as they ate and Taeyong could feel it but he pretended not to notice. It was the end of breakfast and Taeyong, Seulgi and Mark stood up.

"I'll be seeing y'all around later in the company." Donghae said with his charming smile to his sons and daughter-in-law. "Yes, father." The three said and gave a small bow.

9am. It was time for them to set off for work and the three bid Donghae and Jessica good bye. Donghae and Jessica walked to door to send the three off. Jessica hugged all of them but when she hugged Taeyong, she whispered in his ear, "Do not forget about tonight."

Taeyong gave a nod in reply to his mother who smiled sweetly and patted his back. Donghae put his arm around Jessica as they watch Taeyong, Mark and Seulgi walking out from the window.

Taeyong and Seulgi walked in front while Mark followed them behind. Mark cleared his throat as he spoke to his brother and sister-in-law.

"Taeyong, Seulgi,"

The married pair turned around to the younger one.

"My car had to go for servicing, so I'm without a car now. So I was wondering, if I could get a lift for today, please?." Mark said as he rubbed his neck.

Seulgi looked over to Taeyong, with hopeful eyes.

"Sure." Taeyong's replied curtly before walking to their car park. Seulgi saw Mark heaving a sigh of relief and exhcnaged smiles with Mark.

Seulgi turned to follow Taeyong and Mark's smile dropped. 'I think I heaved that sigh of relief too early.' Mark thought as he watch the couple in front of him.

True enough, Mark did heave that sigh of relief prematurely. He was now sandwiched in his brother and and sister-in-law's marital tension.

'I didn't sign up for this atmosphere.' Mark thought as he stared out of the window. The car ride was silence as heck to the point that Mark was so tempted to whip out his earpiece to play some music.

Seulgi and Taeyong didn't bother to make any conversation with Mark, let alone among themselves and that made Mark feel so uncomfortable.

When the car was parked nicely in their allocated lot, Taeyong turned off the engine and turned his head slightly to the back seat before he pulled Seulgi's forehead to his lips. Taeyong instanlty alighted from the car and Seulgi followed suit. Mark didn't have time to cringe as he had to get out of the car before Taeyong decided to lock him in.

On the contrary, that skinship was a rare sight for Mark that it surprised him. 

Not only did it surprise Mark, it surprised Seulgi herself. Seulgi's gaze was on Taeyong as she got out of the car. 'Did he do that, because Mark was there?' Seulgi thought as she caught up to Taeyong. 'Or did he do that, because today is that date?'

Either way, Seulgi felt compelled to return that act. As Seulgi caught up with Taeyong, she held his hand to stop him before pecking his cheek lightly. Although her lipsticks were non-transferable, she checked to make sure there were no stains on his cheek.

Taeyong smirked as Seulgi pecked his cheek, pleased that she could follow their act. Mark only looked at them, amused.

As the three walked through the doors of the company, every employee and worker present could be seen bowing towards them as they approached. Taeyong and Seulgi wore nodded back at their bows and gave small professional smiles. 

After all, it was the Lee Taeyong, deputy director of the company, the one in line to inherit the company once Donghae steps down from the boad and, Kang Seulgi, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter