FIVE

Black Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Unexpected

 

 

 

 

 

Jungkook hated his s.

Why? Well, he had never really paid attention to girls' s befor, thinking they were just for feeding and attracting guys(Couldn't deny that it's right), but he had completely overlooked the fact that they were heavy. And to be honest, none of the girls he had ed before had s the size his body had.

Bad luck? Definitely. Karma? Well, that .

Jungkook tried to keep himself upright as Twilight leaped and jumped over tall grasses and bushes, ducking as a branch whistled over his head. He winced as a twig whacked him in the chest, it freaking hurt. And it didn't help that his s practically jiggled as he moved, even though he'd bound it tightly with linen cloth earlier, due t it's unbelievable size. 

I have seen supermodels with bigger ones, though, Jungkook thought as he blocked another branch with his bow, his riding leathers making it easier for him to shift in than that heavy riding armor. True to her word, Shinhwa had indeed gone to the seamtress and had a set of riding clothes custom-made for him, and he felt so much more comfortable. Not to mention the sweet young stable boy had charmed one of the blacksmiths to create a lighter bow for him, and new arrows with beautiful swan feathers for speed. Jungkook liked the servants, despite his reasonings not to get close with them.

Twilight slowed when they reached the side of the hill, Jungkook looking down at the sight of the capital, townhouses and shops scattered all around bustling with life. A pang of longing and sadness rose in his chest, feeling suddenly suffocating, Jungkook sighing as he watched busy people minding their own businesses in the streets. He used to be one of them, when he went shopping with Jimin or Jeonggyu, and they would be the ones laughing and chatting together. Jungkook missed home, missed his parents, his baby brother, Jimin, his classmates.

He wanted to go home so badly, he realized, the melancholy and irony of it hitting him like a slap across his face. He had wanted independence so badly, but when he got it, he wanted to go home like a kid, crying and whining. He missed cooking with his mother, missed working out with his father, missed his brother's lame punch lines. He missed the musky scent of his house in Seoul so badly, and he missed the sound of cars and computers whirring. 

Jungkook closed his eyes, wondering if he could ever go back to who he was, who he used to be. Was he even the same person? Was he how he used to be?

And what if this Jiyeon was really an ancestor of his? What if he ed up something, did something wrong, made a wrong choice? Would Jeon Jungkook ever be born? Would he even exist in his own world, his own timeline? Jungkook honestly didn't know.

There were so many questions, so many variables that could go wrong, but Jungkook had just that one small wish. Could it even be done?

Twilight nickered softly, bringing Jungkook back to reality. He gripped Twilight's reins tight, the few unruly strands of hair that escaped his braid trailing behing him in the wind. He bent down, Twilight's mane gently.

'Let's go home, boy."

 

 

Jungkook bowed his head meekly as Shinhwa lectured him on the importance of being on time, tapping his hands together impatiently but too terrified to talk back. "Lady, you of all people should know that appearances and images matter? You should not come home so late, and give others, like the princes, the impression that you are never on time? That is basic knowledge, even for someone who lost their memories!"

"Yes, Shinhwa," Jungkook replied softly, itching for a hot shower and some warm food. He was tired and famished after the long day. "Can I go now?"

Shinhwa's face softened. "Go on, I will have a meal prepared in your chambers."

Just as Jungkook turned to leave, a shape appeared in the doorway of the kitchen, a tall male with wide shoulders and hair half bound up, dressed in a dark blue warrior's robe. Jungkook lifted his head, and blanched when he met prince Taehyung's dark brown eyes, soulful and yet churning with some dark emotion.

"Your highness," Jungkook curtseyed as best as he could, and tried to walk away, thinking Taehyung just wanted something to eat. The prince looked good in that ensemble, and Jungkook couldn't help but notice the adorable mole on his nose, a small imperfection on what would be a perfect face. It somehow made the prince seem realer, and not an imaginary character that Jungkook conjured up in his overactive brain. God, this man would have girls drooling over him in Jungkook's world.

"Lady Jiyeon," A hand shot out and gripped Jungkook's wrist tightly, Jungkook grimacing as his grip tightened painfully. He looked up at the prince, his brows furrowed. "Dine with me in my chambers."

Jungkook froze. "Dine? In your room?" He was tempted to scream and punch him and run away as fast as he could. But seeing that Taehyug had that formidable-looking sword strapped across his back, he decided against it. "Are you serious?"

"Yes," Taehyung seemed amused, if not exasperated at him. "Can you not hear? Or are you plain dumb?"

Jungkook puffed up at the insult, drawing p to his full height (which wasn't a lot), and glared at the third prince angrily. "I am not stupid, thank you very much, and I can hear perfectly well. I am just thinking whether if it is your brain that's gone mad or you just want to make fun of me."

"I suppose it is neither," Taehyung's eyes narro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter