THIRTEEN

Black Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Relevation

 

 

 

 

 

Mingyu was walking with Jungkook in the gardens, both if them in comfortable silence, just enjoying the other's company. Mingyu was on strict orders from Shinhwa to guard Jungkook at all costs, and Mingyu being Mingyu, had to agree. Yugyeom lurked at all kinds of corners, and there was no knowing what he would do if he found Jungkook alone.

Jungkook appreciated Shinhwa's concern, but he didn't want a bodyguard hanging around him all day. According to Taehyung, Mingyu would guard him when Jungkook wasn't with Taehyung, and Taehyung would look after Jungkook at other times. Neither of them would take any risks.

But at least it was Mingyu, and not some stranger.

Jungkook wondered if Mingyu was unhappy about being a personal bodyguard, but he didn't appear it, whistling happily as he strolled along with Jungkook. The sun was setting slowly, and Jungkook realized they would have to go back soon.

"Mingyu," Jungkook had to bite his tongue to keep from laughing when Mingyu nearly tripped over a stone, not watching where he was going. "Whoa, careful."

"I'm okay," Mingyu shook his head, dark tresses flipping as Mingyu ran a hand through his hair. Of all the men Jungkook had seen here, Mingyu's hair was the most well-groomed of them all, softer and silkier than his own. Taehyung's hair was silken, but even he couldn't compare to Mingyu.

"Jiyeon-ah," Mingyu singsonged, grinning at Jungkook brightly. "You seem upset."

"Not really," Jungkook was just annoyed over the fact that everyone was 'Jiyeon' this and 'Jiyeon' that. He just wanted someone to call him by his own name, but then, if they did, they'd have to know who he was truly to do that. Jungkook wanted to be himself, but it wasn't exactly easy when he was stuck in this body. And he missed his name so much.

"I can keep a secret, Jiyeon," Mingyu chuckled, wiggling his eyebrows comically. Jungkook snorted, his hand twisting into his dress and he weighed his options. Should he tell Mingyu? He could trust Mingyu, he knew, but would Mingyu turn on him? Would Mingyu even believe him? "It is alright if you do not want to-"

"No, it's okay, I just don't know if..." Jungkook trailed off, watching the blooming honeysuckle climbing up the wooden fence surrounding the garden with piqued interest. The flowers were strong, beautiful, an yet there was a softness to them, a certain quality that made them look like small drops of sun, glowing gold in the dim lights. "What do I even say? I doubt you'll even believe me."

"If there's something you want to say, just say it," Mingyu assured, touching his shoulder and squeezing it. Jungkook smiled sadly, and closed his eyes. "I won't judge you."

"Oh, I think you will," Jungkook scoffed. "But promise you won't tell anyone, not even Taehyung?"

"I swear on my life," Mingyu pounded his chest, grinning cheekily at Jungkook. "And I could command you to tell me, I'm older than you." Jungkook laughed, shaking his head.

"You want to know my real name?" Jungkook sighed, looking up at the sky. "I didn't lie to you the first time, this is Jiyeon, but it's only her body. I'm literally from another time, another place, and that's why I talk like this."

"So you are saying you switched souls with the real Jiyeon?" Mingyu looked astonished, but then Jungkook supposed he had every reason to. "Then who are you?"

"Mingyu, my name is Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook." Jungkook looked away as Mingyu stumbled back, shocked. His eyes were wide, and he looked at Jungkook in horror. "You are a male?"

"Yes," Jungkook exhaled, his palms sweating as he clutched at his skirts. "That's why I can ride like I do, and why I can shoot and why I talk back to you all the time. I'm used to being in charge, and it's hard to get used to have to listen to people telling me what to do."

"So you mean you do not know the customs and rules of our country?" Mingyu gaped at him, his mouth opening and closing like a fish needing water. "How did you even get here?"

"I fell into a waterfall," Jungkook winced internally. "And I woke up inside this body, and now I don't even know completely how to act as a girl yet."

"Your name is Jungkook, you said?" Mingyu seemed to calm down a little. "So can I call you Jungkook then?"

"That's what I wanted to say," Jungkook couldn't help his grin from spreading across his face. "You believe me?"

"It is a logical explanation for your actions, so I have no reason not to," Mingyu still looked shaken, but clapped Jungkook's shoulder reassuringly. "It is a pleasure, Jungkook, and an honor that you trust me with this."

"I hope I did the right thing," Jungkook sighed, shaking his head. "Do not tell anyone."

"I will not."

 

 

"Lady Jiyeon," Prince Namjoon stalked towards Mingyu and Jiyeon, or Jungkook, as he had newly learned, resting a hand on one of his fighting knives just in case. Namjoon was the craftiest out of all his brothers, the smartest and the scariest. Mingyu had learned from him not to trust anyone in the palace, not even his brothers, and Namjoon had been right. The one who had ultimately betrayed him was the brother he used to love most.

"Hyung, why are you here?" Mingyu instinctively moved between Jungkook an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter