ONE

Black Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Transformation

 

 

 

 


"Jeon! Hey, come back here!" Jimin chased after Jungkook, the younger running at top speed around the gardens. Jungkook vaulted over a fence, landing on his feet outside the house perimeter. Jimin caught up, breathless but itching to smack the teasing grin off Jungkook's face.

"How dare you!" Jungkook dodged the blow playfully, Jimin huffing and pouting at Jungkook. Jungkook patted his head consolingly, Jimin puffing up indignantly. "You left me in there with her, of all people! I thought we were supposed to stay together, traitor!"

"Can't blame me for trying to escape that ," Jungkook shrugged nonchalantly. "I wanted to go as fast as I could."

"I guess we could really use that camping trip, huh?" Jimin's face turned panicked when he heard the high-pitched cries of their names behind him. "Go, they're coming!"

Jungkook took off across the street, Jimin trying desperately to catch up as the calls approached. Curse his short legs!

 

 

 

 

"I hate your mom," Jungkook collapsed in the café sofa, panting. Jimin plopped down on the chair opposite him, trying to catch his breath. Jungkook stifled a laugh at Jimin's face, flushed from all the running and jumping they'd done. He dug his phone out from his jacket pocket, checking the time.

"I'm due home in another two hours, so I guess we could get some coffee and actual food," Jungkook gestured to the counter, quirking an eyebrow when Jimin didn't say anything. "What do you want?"

"Wa- wat- water," Jimin managed to get out, slumping on the table and not moving anymore. Jungkook chuckled, heading to the counter and ordering.

Ten minutes later, Jungkook carried a tray piled high with cake and pasta back to their table, nudging Jimin and pushing the chocolate brownie in front of him along with a glass of water. Jimin smiled gratefully and dug in, the brownie vanishing withing seconds as Jimin inhaled the whole thing. Jungkook wolfed down his pasta, the only sound at their table slurps and crunches as the two starving men devoured the stack of food.

"That was the best meal I've ever had," Jimin sat back after finishing his share. "I am never touching cookies again."

"Same here," Jungkook grimaced at the thought of the disgusting cookies the lady had offered them. "Why would your mom want you to marry someone who could poison you with her cooking?"

"Money, I guess," Jimin closed his eyes, relaxing and taking a sip of his iced mocha. "You know what my mom thinks."

"You're twenty three, you should be able to make your own choices and choose your own girlfriends, right?" Jimin groaned at Jungkook's words. Jungkook frowned at him.

"She thinks I won't earn enough to support her," Jimin moaned. "She wants a 'life of luxury after retirement', apparently."

"Good luck, Chim," Jungkook shook his head. "But what about going on that camping trip next week, hmm?"

"We can consider that," Jungkook smirked at him. "Okay fine, let's go!"

"That's the spirit." Jungkook sipped his coffee leisurely. "You're paying for the tent and everything."

"Hey, Jeon!" Jungkook winked at him, and dodged the blow Jimin gave him.

Ah, best friends and life. Life is great.

 

 

 

 

Two weeks earlier.

 

"Jungkook please, help me out," Jimin pleaded, holding out the bags of chips he'd bought as an offering. "Just this one time, please?"

"No," Jungkook had blatantly flipped aside the plea and tried to slam the door in Jimin's face.

"I'll treat you to coffee!" Jimin wailed, a foot stuck between Jungkook's door and the doorframe. "I'll buy anything. I'll do anything!"

"I am not going to pretend to be your  boyfriend or possible spouse," Jungkook scowled. "I am very clearly straight, thank you very much."

"Jungkookie, please, I really need to get out of this one!" Jimin begged again, giving Jungkook puppy eyes. "If I tell my mom I'm really gay then she'll stop the stupid dates forever!" 

"You tell her then, you don't need me as a prop for your drama," Jungkook argued, pushing against Jimin with all he had, which was a lot. "Just tell her you hate the dates, why don't you?"

"Because then she'll make me go on even more dates to curb the hate!" Jimin wailed. "Kookie please!"

"Whatever, fine!" It was obvious Jimin wouldn't go until he had gotten Jungkook to agree. He was better off bailing on Jimin when it came to that. Jimin squealed, squeezing the air in him out in a huge hug. "I love you, Jungkookie! I'll make it up to you, I promise!"

"You'd better," Jungkook pushed Jimin off, his nose screwed in distaste. "Chips."

"Here you go!" Jimin singsonged, dropping the packs on Jungkook's table. "I'll pick you up on Sunday!"

"I hope you forget that!" Jungkook cal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter