When plans are ruined.

He intrigues me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung could feel himself becoming anxious as Irene's face expression was changing the longer that she was having to wait on the phone. "Irene, I really think you should just.."

"Shh, he's on" said Irene as she pulled the phone away from her face. She then put the phone call on speaker "Hi Dad!"

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry, I'm tied down with work, I can't talk right now".

"Dad, I just wanted to ask if you were going to come to my graduation tomorrow".

"Your graduation?"

"You, you forgot?" 

"Sweetie, I'm sorry, there is no excuse. What can I do to make it up to you sweetie?"

"Well, since you mentioned it, I have a friend, he is looking for a work, he wants to model clothing, I mean, you could give him a job, I would be happy if you did that for my friend, Dad?"

"Well, I need to know, does he have a good face, a nice build and so on?"

"I'll send a photo through, he is actually wearing our products right now".

"Well, Okay then send it through and then I'll call you back".

"Okay!"

Taehyung felt nervous as he heard her say this. "A photo?'

"Stand still" said Irene as she tapped onto her camera. 

Taehyung stood still and his expression was blank as she took a few photos. 

"That's all" she said as she then sent the photos through to her Father.

"What if he says no?"

"He won't".

Taehyung looked down "Even if he says yes, I still will feel uncomfortable being there, I mean, I don't know English". 

Irene shook her head "don't worry, we can sort that all out".  Instantly after she finished saying that sentence her phone went off and she answered it right away. 

"Your friend really looks good in our clothes!"

"So, is that a yes?"

"He will have to live in New York, does he know that?" 

"That's the thing, he'll need help finding a place to stay, could you help with that Dad?"

"I will, it's actually funny because one of our younger Male models quit last week, so this is actually helping me out, alot".

"Really? I'm glad, so, you can find him a place?"

"You know what? I purchased an apartment for that young male model that quit, he shifted back to his home country so, the place is available".

"Really?"

"Yeah, I'll have to take some of his pay though, each week, about one hundred U.S dollars, each week, but it's Ok, he'll still have a good amount of money each week".

"Dad?"

"Yes sweetie".

"Thank you".

"I'll do up the contract and send it through tonight".

"Dad, can you promise me, one thing".

"Sure, any thing".

"Please, don't let any one change your mind in letting my friend work for you, please, Dad, he has a lot of opposition but, he really needs this job".

"I promise you, the only way I will fire him is if he doesn't show up on time or has a bad attitude but, don't worry, he'll have paid training for the first two months and I will also get a tutor to teach him English, so the first six months will just be a lot of training and hard work, will he cope with that?"

"Yes, he will".

"Can I hear it from him, please?"

Irene lowered the phone "it is OK if you can talk with my Dad?" 

"What do I say?"

"That you will work hard" she said quietly as she then handed the phone to him.

Taehyung quickly spoke into the phone "Hello, Sir!"

"Don't be too nervous, I just need to do a kind of over the phone interview, is that okay?"

"Sure, fine" he said as he nodded.

"Okay, three questions, number one, do you have a criminal record?"

"No, Sir!"

"Okay, are you eighteen?"

"Yes I am".

"Okay, that's a good age, third and most important question, will you work hard?"

"I will, Sir!"

"Okay then! That's all I needed to know".

"Really?"

"Yes, you will have to fill out an online form though just with contact info".

"Oh, but, I don't have a lot of experience".

"That's fine, I'll let you off cause my daughter wants you to work for our label, but, I need that information, if you can just leave the areas that you don't answer blank, then that's fine, I just need some basic info, legally, I do, bank account number, birthday and so on".

"Oh, okay then, I will!"

"Cool, pass the phone back to Irene please, oh, and it was nice talking with you".

"Thank you Sir".

Taehyung passed the phone back to Irene and she smiled as she then quickly spoke into the phone. "He will work very very hard, so please, promise you won't fire him for no reason".

"I promise you now, I will not fire him, if, he works hard".

"Thanks Dad".

"I'll send the contract to you but you will need to help him fill out the application form online, I need some info, contact info and banking details, once I see that has been sent through, I'll get the contract ready, okay?"

"Yes please, thank you Dad".

"You're actually saving me the time of having to find a new model, so, thank you, oh, Irene, I must go".

"Okay, bye Dad".

"Bye sweetie".

"Bye".

Taehyung looked at Irene "Irene, I really don't know about this".

Irene smiled "I will help you every step of the way, both of us, we can do this!"

"Wait, both of us?"

"Yes, I will help you, every step of the way".

"But.." Taehyung looked down "it's just all too much".

"You can do this Taehyung, I believe in you, now, you have to believe in yourself, okay?"

"Well.." Taehyung wanted to say no and he wanted to turn her down but he knew that if he were to say no to all of this Irene might become angry with him so he simply nodded with a soft smile. 

"I want to hug you to say congrats but, I won't, out of respect for Yeri".

"Oh, that's right, Yeri!".

"Oh, I almost forgot myself you should go speak with her" said Irene as she then looked down with a worried expression.

"Could you txt her to meet me at the park?"

"Yes, I'll txt her now". 

"Okay, I'll go". 

Taehyung then walked out of the room and the moment he did, Irene felt lonely.

"Hey". Irene looked up to see Taehyung standing in the door way.  "I'll see you later, okay?"

Irene smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter