I like you too

He intrigues me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung had left the hospital and was now on his way to Irene's house. "I hope the right words come out". As soon as he pulled up into the drive way he rushed out of the car and straight to the front door. "Irene! Irene!" He knocked and knocked persistently and loudly, after a few minutes the door slowly opened. "Irene, can we talk?"

Irene nodded as she gestured for him to come inside. Her eyes were puffy and her skin was drained of color, she was still in the same clothing she had been in at the hospital, gray sweatpants and a purple hood which Taehyung found to be very cute on her. "Sorry I look a mess" said Irene as she signaled for him to sit down at the other end of the table.

"No, you don't" blushed Taehyung as he looked away with his hand cupping his chin "sorry if I was staring".

Irene smiled gently and then looked down and let out a sigh. "Taehyung.."

"What is it?"

"Taehyung I want to apologize for hugging you before and telling you that I li- that I.." Irene then coughed a bit to clear and then looked up at him "that I like you" she said as she then quickly looked back down at the table cloth.

"Wh-why are you apologizing?"

Irene kept her eyes on the table cloth, "there's a time and a place for that you know, I'm, I'm sorry" she said as she then bowed her head.

"Irene.." Taehyung couldn't help but find her absolutely adorable right at this moment, he wasn't one to usually blush but he could feel his cheeks heating up. 

Irene looked up at him so as to see why he went silent and at the sight of him looking nervous she let out a little chuckle.

"What are you laughing at!?" He staightened his posture and pulled back his shoulders so as to look more manly but  this made Irene's chuckle turn into a full on laugh. "Stop laughing" Taehyung said as he turned away.

Irene stopped laughing and smiled softly as she then looked down and let out a sigh of relief.

"You, you like me, right?" Taehyung asked as he looked at her with wide eyes.

"I do" she replied simply.

"I umm.. I like you too Irene" he said in a soft voice.

Irene buried her face in her hands "this is very strange to me" she muffled into the palms of her hands.

Understanding her muffles Taehyng replied "Yeah, me too".

"What should we do Taehyung?"

Taehyung could see she was very sincere and very eager to hear what he had to say, however he hadn't thought of a plan, in fact he didn't really think this part through at all. "I umm.. I don't know.."

"You don't know?" Irene looked down with a disappointed look on her face.

"Sorry Irene, I know I should just say let's be together, but I can't, not yet".

"Wait" exclaimed Irene as she stood up "so, you just came over for no reason?"

"I came over to tell you I like you too and to see if you were okay".

Irene suddenly remembered what the lady at the front desk at the hospital had said to her about Taehyung staying by her side all night and she looked at Taehyung with sad eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Is it Yeri? Is it cause you feel responsible for what happened?"

"What's Yeri? What are you talking about?"

"Is Yeri the reason you don't want to be my boy friend right now?"

Taehyung shook his head as he looked down "no it hasn't got anything to do with Yeri".

"Taehyung, I know you stayed by her side the entire night at the hospital" blurted out Irene.

"What? How did you know?"

"Does that even matter? Tell me the truth Taehyung, do you, do you regret breaking up with her?"

Taehyung let out a heavy sigh and then looked up at her "I did regret breaking up with her, of course I would though, what man wouldn't? I broke up with her knowing what had happened to her, knowing she wouldn't accept help from me after that, knowing she would be by herself, I sent her to those thugs, really I just handed her over to them!"

"That's not true Taehyung! Yeri most likely does not blame you at all!"

"But she does". Taehyung now stood up and walked towards Irene so that they were now face to face. "You didn't see the way she looked at me Irene, you didn't see the look in her eyes, the look of betrayal, the look of hurt, the look of disgust".

"Taehyung did you.. Did you ask her if you could be her boyfriend again?"

Taehyung's eyes widened "I..Uhh, how did you.."

"You did, didn't you?" Irene shook her head as she looked down.

"I, I did Irene, it was just a thought, it was an idea that I could of just threw out there cause I felt horrible, I felt bad, you have no idea how hard it was for me Irene to ask her back out agian! I had to thro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter