You Criminal!

He intrigues me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung parked on the street just across the road from the place Irene's Mother wanted to meet him. 

"Here I go" he said to himself as he took off his seat belt. With a heavy sigh he got out of the car, after locking the car he made his way across the road, fidgeting with his keys as he did. 

As he walked towards the shop he couldn't see very well because there were no lights on inside or around the shop, but he could vaguely see that the glass doors looked to be smashed open. "What is going on?" As he got closer to the doors of the shop his eyes widened "someone broke in" .  

He ran into the shop and called out"Is any one here!?" But there was no answer. "What if Irene's Mother was attacked? I should definitely go check".

As he was about to move, he suddenly heard police sirens and he felt relieved as he heard them.

He ran towards the open doors and was running towards the policemen but suddenly he felt a blaring light on him so he closed his eyes and put his hand in front of his face. 

"Get down on to the ground, now!"

Taehyung now realized what was happening "But, but officers, I, I came here to help!"

"Get down, now, get on the ground and put your hands behind your back!"

Taehyung nodded quickly as he lay down and put his hands behind his back. Now, two policemen ran over and slowly got him up and as they put cuffs on him they spoke to him, a lot of words that were just sounding like humming noises to him, he couldn't hear anything over the pounding of his heart.

He felt himself being shoved into a car and then an officer came and sat next to him in the back seat and the officer let out a sigh. 

"You are so  young, why did you have to do this?"

Taehyung looked at the officer but though he was trying to speak, the words were just not coming out, it was as if someone had locked his throat with a key.

"Some body spotted what was going on and called us, for your sake, I hope there is no one in the building and that all you did was try to steal some clothes".

Taehyung still could not respond to this police man and his heart was racing even more than it ever had before. 

The officer let out another heavy sigh. "Well, I don't know, I just, I just would hate to see a kid, like you, ruined for life over such a sad thing as, trying to get yourself clothes".

Taehyung could see his gun and his taser and he swallowed and then quickly looked out the window. 

As he looked at the window he could see his reflection, his usually green tinted eyes, at this moment, were black, his hair was a mess, his face was thinner than he had realized, his lips were dry and his skin color was a dull gray. He could feel his bottom lip trembling, he didn't know if it was because he was cold or because he was scared. But one thing he did now was that, he hated what he was seeing, right now, he was hating his own reflection. 

"Irene, is it because I look like a wreck, is that why you have taken pity on me?"

Taehyung looked down at his shoes and let out a heavy sigh "I'm in a police car, I have nothing, I have no-one, but, but, why do I feel like this is what I deserve?" 

.......

 

Meanwhile Irene was sitting on her bed just staring at her wall. She had changed into her pajama pants and a white thermal shirt, she was meant to be going to bed, seen as, it was almost midnight but, something was keeping her up. 

"I don't know why, but.." She gripped at her shirt "my heart, something, something is hurting in my heart" she said to herself. She then crashed back onto her bed. "Could it be because he hasn't come back yet, am I, am I jealous?"

Irene jumped up to her feet, ran through to her bathroom and switched on the light. She walked towards the mirror and as she did she could see herself from what felt like a third person's perspective. "Is that, is that me?" 

Her reflection looked back at her, her eyes were big and dark brown and they stared back at her. 

"I, I look like someone that has my life together" she said out loud to herself as she then felt her bottom lip trembling. "I look, like some one that takes care of myself" she said as she cupped her face in her hands. "Like someone that has good parents, good friends, good, good everything".

She looked down at her bare feet and as she did she felt tears trickling down her face.

"Why do I have to look like that? Why?" She looked back up at the mirror and shook her head "I wish everyone could see my pain". Her eyes were filled with tears now and her vision was blurry. "I wish, I wish I was in the same position as Taehyung, I, I wish I had his life and he had mine, I, I am so sick of this, this fake, fake me". Irene blinked a few times and she could then see her reflection clearly in the mirror. "I wish my eyes were dull and I wish my lips were thin, I wish my hair was damaged and dry, I wish, I wish..." Irene fell to her hands and knees and burst into tears, "I wish Taehyung would come to me, right now!"

 

......

After staring at his own reflection for what felt like eternity, the police car that Taehyung was in finally stopped, outside of the station. Taehyung was immediately taken to a room and was questioned by two policemen, the questions were repetitive and Taehyung felt like he was repeating himself over and over and over.  

After two hours of non-stop questioning the policemen then tried to make a deal with him.

"Kid, call your parents and have them pick you up, if you do, we will wipe this from your record and you will only be charged with a fee for the damages that took place at the shop, but, if you do not contact your parents then,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter