Something different

He intrigues me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeri was walking at a fast pace, she felt more angry than sad not angry at Taehyung but angry at Her.

..

Irene sat up and looked at her alarm clock it read 5.58am. "I probably won't be hearing from Taehyung again, for a long, long time". She crashed back and looked up at the ceiling. She suddenly heard a banging coming from down stairs, "Taehyung?" She ran out of her room and ran down stairs and straight to the front door and she flung the door open with a huge smile on her face only to see Yeri.

"Y-Yeri?"

"Can I come in?" Yeri had a sour expression on her face.

"Umm, sure". Irene felt herself shaking in fear.

Yeri walked right past her and into the dinning room, Irene followed. 

"Would you like a cup of coffee or.."

"I'll get straight to the point Irene" interrupted Yeri.

"Umm.. Is this about Taehyung? Cause I, I really think you should talk to him" said Irene as she fiddled with the bottom on her Pajama shirt.

"I came to talk to you instead so listen up".

Irene focused on Yeri and nodded "what is it?"

"Taehyung dumped me this morning".

"He did?"

"Don't act dumb Irene, I know you have something to do with this".

"But, I-"

"Do you love Taehyung?"

"Lo-love?"

"Yes Irene, love".

"Umm.. I'm not sure".

"Long story short I stayed at Sehun's yesterday and his Mum, she told me some things about you and about your relationship".

"You stayed at Sehun's?"

"I did and I got to speaking with his Mum once Sehun was asleep and she told me about the type of girlfriend you were to Sehun".

"Ohh.. Ummm.. I really don't know what to say in response to that"

"Irene, she didn't like you with her son and when he told her you two had broken up she was ecstatic".

"She was?" Irene stepped back in shock.

"She said you were bored of Sehun after not even a couple of weeks but you just kept the relationship going because it was easy".

"That's, well.." Irene shook her head "I wish I could say that wasn't true".

"Save the tears for someone else Irene, I am here for Taehyung, not for info on your relationship with Sehun".

"Then, why are you bringing him up?"

"As an example". 

"An example? I don't get it?"

"Your life has been dull hasn't it?"

Irene slowly nodded as she looked down "I should be grateful for everything I have been given I know that, but, I just, I just feel so lifeless".

"Irene, when you were first dating Sehun you probably thought to yourself, oh wow, something different, something to change this boring life of mine, am I right in saying this?"

"Well, yes, you kind of are, I guess".

"But then after only a short amount of time he just became like everything else in your life, didn't he?"

"I'm not sure what this has to do with Taehyung?"

"You were looking for something different and you still are Irene!"

"Yes, but, what does that have to do with.." Irene paused as she realised what Yeri was getting at "No, no, Taehyung is not just a fun thing to distract me from boredom, he isn't!"

"Oh really, how can you be so sure?"

"I, I care for him".

"Okay, but Irene listen" Yeri walked towards Irene and then put her hand on Irene's shoulder and Irene looked at her "if Taehyung switched his life with Sehun, if Taehyung was no longer the troubled bad boy with nothing, if he became accomplished and rich, would you still find him exciting?"

Irene looked down at her shoes "I, I'm not sure, it's hard to imagine".

"Irene!" Irene looked at her "you are thrilled because Taehyung is different, he doesn't abide by the rules, he is something else entirely and you like that, but, can you honestly say that you love him for him and that you don't just want him in your life because you are bored, bored with routine, bored with your parents, your boyfriend, your friends, your school life, just bored with everything".

Irene moved away and Yeri's hand fell off her shoulder, Irene now had her back to Yeri "to be honest, I don't really know what I feel for Taehyung, everything's just a bit messy at the moment".

"Irene".

Irene turned and looked at Yeri. "What else can I say! I just don't know" cried Irene.

"Irene, I was going to say, maybe you should give Taehyung sometime to sort himself out and then, well, once he comes back to you a better version of himself, then you can get to know him, not his circumstances but him, the real him".

"D-do you know the real him?"

"Yes, I do" replied Yeri with a soft smile. She then went and sat at the table, "I know he prefers sun rises over sun sets, I know he likes strawberry milkshakes and destests chocolate ones, I know he prefers sweets over savoury, he doesn't really like ramen very much, he thinks it's too spicy but he won't admit that's why he doesn't like it" Yeri laughed a little and looked down "he'll never ever admit he doesn't like spicy foods". Yeri felt tears coming to her eyes.

"Yeri, I'm, I'm really sorry for everything, I didn't really think about how much this would affect you, I'm so sorry".

Yeri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter