What I really want..

He intrigues me.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung turned around "Irene, please hear me out, this is really hard for me, one more chance, please?"

Irene looked at him and shook her head "Taehyung, I have plenty of money, but, is it because I'm a girl and you're a guy that you think you should be the one to look after me financially?"

"What?"

"I have enough money to buy myself a house right now, I could buy you one!"

"Irene what are you trying to get at?"

"What I'm saying is that, money, well, it's not a problem for me, I actually wanted to give you money or even rent you out a place to live, I considered it, but, the way you reacted when I asked you what you wanted from the convenience store, well, it made me realize that there was no way you would accept something like a house from me, when you wouldn't even accept a bowl of ramen".

"Irene, I would never take money from you!"

"Taehyung, that is my point, you can't accept help from any-one that really wants to give it".

"But, that's normal, guys don't liked taking money and things from their friends, especially when they are girls!"

"Taehyung, look inside yourself though, is it really because your a guy or do you just, well, do you have problems with trusting other people".

"What does this have to do with trust?"

Irene let out a sigh and sat down, she was still talking in the darkness and couldn't see Taehyung's expression at all. "Maybe I snapped before and for that, I'm sorry".

"Don't apologize, I dropped a lot on you" he said as he then found his way back to his chair and sat down.

"I'll calm down and I'll listen to you, I won't interrupt, just speak, but please, be honest".

"Irene, I, I have anxiety, I have problems with letting people in, I..". Taehyung then remembered the way he reacted when Sehun offered him the car. "I, I hated it.."

"You hated what?"

Taehyung looked up but then he realized that he couldn't see Irene and Irene couldn't see him so he looked back down and tensed his fist. "I hated it when I couldn't accept that gift from Sehun, I wanted to, I wanted to, so bad, but.."

"Is this why your hand was bruised? Did you hit something out of frustration?"

"You noticed that?"

"Taehyung.." Irene stood up "I really, I have been wanting to help from the beginning but, but you refused to even stay here one night, but now, right now I just wished that I forced you to stay, knowing now, how bad your anxiety is, how scared you have been, hearing this from your own mouth, hearing you speak these genuine words, hearing your pain..". Irene started crying as she gripped at the bottom of her jacket. "I have been so selfish this whole time, keeping my thoughts to myself because I was scared you would yell at me if I offered help but now I know". Irene stood up "I should've offered it any way!"

Taehyung breathed heavily as he heard say these words "Irene, I wouldn't have accepted it any way".

"But why?"

"Because my mind, my heart, my whole self, it just, can't believe that some body would want to help some one like me for nothing in return, every single day I would be worried about paying that person back, my whole life would be wrecked all the way until I had owed back that person every cent they spent on me".

"Taehyung, you need help, every one needs help every now and again, even the strongest people at times need help".

"I, I know that".

"I wish I could help you but, I am not licensed in this type of stuff, any thing I say, it will just go through one ear and out the other".

"That isn't true!" Taehyung stood up "Every thing you say, every single thing you ever say to me, I keep it my mind, your words, they repeat in my mind every day, they keep me from destroying myself".

Irene smiled as she heard this "I, I have helped in some way?"

"Yes, you have".

"Taehyung, can you hear yourself now?" Irene was now speaking with a soft voice.

"Yes, but what are you talking about?"

"You are speaking the truth, you are being honest with me but most importantly, with yourself".

Taehyung let out a sigh "I don't like it when you tell me these things, it makes me feel worried or stressed that I said or did something I shouldn't have".

"I'm sorry, I won't bring it up again, but, Taehyung?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you" said Irene as she walked towards the light switch.

"Irene, don't turn on the..".

When Irene the light switch she turned to see Taehyung with tears strolling down his face, Irene too had puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. "Irene, why are you crying?"

Irene ran towards him and to his surprise she wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his chest while closing her eyes. 

"Irene..." Taehyung stood still and looked down at the crown of her head. "I want to hug her back but my arms won't move".

Taehyung went to pull away but Irene gripped at him tighter "Don't pull away again, I am not hugging you because I think that's what you need, I am hugging you because I need it, I need you, I need this, I need you to hold me, right now Taehyung!"

Instantly Taehyung wrapped his arms around her. 

"Thank you Taehyung, you know, I am glad I have been able to help you" she said qith a quiet voice "in some way, but, this is what you should know..". Irene pulled away from him and looked into his eyes "you have helped me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter