Being His Wife

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seora gaped at her brother-in-law. “Her highness said what?”

Minseok stifled in his smile, seeing the look on the girl’s face. “Don’t be too shocked Seora, this was something we were expecting anyway.” He said with a smile. “Lord Park must have made up his mind in the end, and besides, who wouldn’t like to marry a girl like you?” he chuckled.

Seora went pink, and bit back her smile.

After she had given up on her first ever crush, he had agreed to marry her. when Minseok brought the message from the queen, and was telling it to Bora, she was so delighted, that she squealed and hugged Haeseol in her room, before walking out to talk with Minseok. Finally, that divine warrior was going to marry her. He had accepted her, himself.

Bora beamed at her sister, and placed her hand on hers. “Tomorrow, we’ll be going to buy everything you need. All your dresses must be replaced with new ones, and I have to buy you some more jewellery. There’s a lot to do, but we have such a little time left.” She went on, worried about each and everything.

“Unnie, when is the wedding?” Seora asked curiously.

“In four days.” Minseok replied. “So yes Seora, be quick, and get everything prepared with your sister.” He advised. “The Wedding ceremony will be held here, in our mansion. Then you’ll be moving into Lord Park’s mansion to live with him.” he smiled at his sister-in-law. “Goodness, when did this little girl grow up this much?”

Seora turned into a deeper shade of pink. “I... I’ll be in my room oppa. Unnie, we’ll go shopping early in the morning then.” She stood up from the table and bowed to the couple. “Good night then.”

 

 

 

“Oh my god Haeseol-ah...can you imagine? Me living there? In a mansion with Park Chanyeol? The last hunter and me alone?” Seora went on, shaking both Haeseol’s hands in delight. The maid giggled, and replied her. “You two won’t be alone there my ady. There will be many more servants. Including me!” she reminded Seora.

“Ah...seriously. it’s great to have you beside me Haeseol. Really, what do I do without you.” Seora said with a smile at her maid.

“My lady,” Haeseol said, dragging her mistress to sit on the floor with her. Seora listened to her intensely. “Make sure you make him yours right away!” she whispered with a sneaky grin. “Make him forget his first marriage and make him think only about you!”

Seora looked at her with rounded eyes. “What do you mean...you want me to... seduce him?” she asked in shock.

“Exactly.” Haeseol nodded.

“Yah Kang Haeseol!” Seora slapped her arm, blushing like anything. But soon after, the same king of cheeky grin crept onto her face as well. “You’ll help me right? Since you’ll be with me,” she asked her eagerly. And the maid nodded. “Of course I will...But who knows, whether the Last Hunter, I mean, Lord Park has already gone crazy for you and that’s why he wanted the marriage to be done so soon?” she asked, wiggling her eyebrows. “If that’s the case, my lady...oh my god, my poor innocent soul!” she clutched her heart. Seora raised an eyebrow at her. “I’ve heard that soldiers are pretty aggressive my lady. In that case...oh my god, OH MY GOD!!!” she squealed and covered her face, making Seora spring at her and land a dozen slaps and punches on her. “Stop your y thoughts you bad girl!” she giggled, and started tickling the maid who was already laughing on the floor.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“By any chance, Your majesty, that provincial head and his daughter, did you know about them?” Chanyeol asked straight from the king. The king lifted his head from the book he was reading, and smirked at the general.

“I was not the one who gave him that weird idea Chanyeol, but yes. I knew about him and sent you there knowing what he will be doing.” He let out a soft chuckle and closed the book. “As a husband, I also have to do things to satisfy my wife, don’t I? So I gave that a try as well, thinking you might change your mind because of that unbearable nuisance, but things changed to another side. Still I got what my Yoona wanted.”

Chanyeol stared at the smirking king, unable to believe that this serious, calm and collected king sounding so mischievous. “You still act like a crown prince your majesty.” He finally said, making the king chuckle again. “Go, get ready for the wedding ceremony. Your sister has gone crazy after you agreeing to this, and I think she needs your help for the preparations.”

Chanyeol bowed to the king and walked out of the king’s office. As soon as he set his foot outside, he heaved a sigh.

He knew this was wrong. He felt he was doing wrong to both his late wife and his to-be-wife, because he still loves Hyeyeong but no one else. Yet he had to prevent Shao Xuan from entering the country’s trading using Seora’s dad. For that, the only saluting that came to his mind was marrying Seora. She didn’t know whether it was right or wrong.

Shaking his jumbled thoughts off, he walked towards his office.

 

When he entered his office, two faces with stern judging faces were glaring at him.

He sighed. “I agreed to marry her! isn’t that what you wanted? So now what?”

Sehun was the first to speak. “Hyung we know it’s not that kind of marriage.” The young soldier was suddenly sounding all grown up and serious. “You’re going to make it difficult for both you and lady Shin.” He said.

Chanyeol silently went to sit I front of them. “So what do you guys want me to do? Should I call off the wedding? Will you be satisfied then?” he asked coldly. Sehun smirked and muttered under his breath, still making sure Chanyeol hear every word he says. “I feel sorry for that poor girl. She’ll be living in a hell with this cold and selfish, ruthless beast.”

Chanyeol glared at him. But Sehun didn’t care at all, and averted his eyes away from him.

“Look here Chanyeol, we know you took this decision with a reason, but that doesn’t make it fair.” Baekhyun spoke this time. “No matter with what intention you marry her, she’s becoming your wife! And you have to accept her as your wife and treat her like your wife!”

“Just stop lecturing. i don’t want to hear.” Chanyeol muttered.

“Yah Park Chanyeol! You might be my superior at work, nevertheless I’m your hyung! I’m older than you so remember that and listen!” Baekhyun suddenly raised his voice, getting agitated by Chanyeol’s stubbornness. “If you’re going to marry Shin Seora, give her the place she deserves in your life, and brace yourself to live with her for the rest of your life! If you can’t, just call off this ridiculous wedding thing off and live like dead as you used to live.”

Chanyeol couldn’t believe his ears at first, hearing the ever-so-cool Byun Baekhyun going wild over something. Then he scoffed at his agitated friend. “Look who’s talking about marriage here! The Casanova in the capital, who goes around seducing each and every woman I town, is advising me about marriage life!” he remarked sarcastically.

Baekhyun glared at him for a while, and stood up from his chair. “You’re right. I may not be the most virtuous man out there, but still, I don’t marry a woman based on other intentions, when I don’t love her.” he looked at Sehun. “Let’s go man, this person here, is just a rock with no feelings or pity for others inside him. We’re the ones who are wasting our time talking to a rock.” He strode out of the room, Sehun quietly following hi without even sparing a second glance at Chanyeol.

 

Chanyeol gripped the first thing he got his hand on, which was an ink pot on his table, and threw it across the room. He knew he was wrong, but he needed someone to understand him. yet even his best friends were out there to poke at his wounds.

Cold and selfish, ruthless beast... yeah I may be that kind of beast, and just a rock with no feelings or pity for others. Take me like that... I don’t mind. I’ll just live to the end like that.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Four days later, the wedding was held at the Kim’s mansion, with the attendance of King Junmyeon and Queen Yoona, and all the other state officials as well. Everyone was amazed to see how good looking and matching the couple was, and all of them wished the new couple a happy and blissful wedded life. Once the ceremony ended, Seora took her farewell from her sister, brother-in-law and their son with tears, and de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter