Dinner

Last Hunter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seora stared at the two men sitting in front of her. “You’re...going to help me?” she asked, surprised by the sudden offer.

Baekhyun nodded with a knowing smile. “We know that you like him so much, and we need our friend to be living a happy life again, so we decided to interfere in this matter.” He explained. “If you can agree to do as we say my lady, you two will be a loving couple in no time!” he declared with a grin.

Seora couldn’t help smiling at this cheesy little speech. “Thank you so much for helping me... it really means a lot to me. But first,” she looked at both of them. “Stop being so formal with me.” She said with a smile. “I’ll also address you just like Lord Chanyeol does, and you can address me just like you address him.”

“Then Baekhyun hyung can call you Seora. I will call you noona. Is that fine?” Sehun asked. And Seora nodded happily. “Alright noona then. We will begin our mission.” The youngster quickly switched his expression into a serious one, making the girl chuckle. “According to Baek hyung, number one is looks.” He turned to Baekhyun questioningly.”

“Ay...” Baekhyun waved off his statement. “Just look at Seora, you idiot! Does she even have to try with her looks? She looks like a princess already! So there’s no need to worry about looks when it comes to this beauty.” He wiggled his eyebrows at Seora. Seora chuckled at his compliment. “And then about dressing...” Baekhyun said thoughtfully. “Since your way of dressing and choice of colours are all nice and elegant, that also doesn’t have to be changed.” He said. “Then what else?”

Seora stared at him with a blank expression, waiting for him to do the thinking. “Should we go for a bold move, like seducing him at once?” he suddenly asked. “Geez hyung, don’t be absurd! This is not like the gisaeng issues you’re having daily!” Sehun said in an annoyed voice. Baekhyun went red with embarrassment as the youngster revealed his nature in front of his friend’s wife. But Seora was just watching the two with a slight smile. Baekhyun glared at Sehun and turned back to Seora. “We’ll take small measures at first. It’s better to take things slowly, since Chanyeol is quite dense and closed up when it comes to matters like this.” he explained. Seora nodded in acknowledgement.

“Household work!” Sehun suddenly blurted out. “Those are basic qualifications for a wife, as far as I know.” He quickly added.

Baekhyun nodded thoughtfully. “So Seora, how are your cooking skills?”

Seora bit her lip. “I’m not that much into house hold work you see.” She said, scratching the back of her neck. “But still, I can manage to cook rice and a few side dishes! So if I get help from the maids, I can manage to prepare a nice meal!”

Baekhyun smirked to himself. “Then let it be the first step. Make Chanyeol a decent dinner, and win his heart with it!” he declared. “First try that, and inform us the progress okay?” he beamed at Seora. She nodded back at them happily. “I definitely will. And thank you again, for helping me like this.” she said with a grin.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

Seora stared at the long parchment in her hand. It was the list of Chanyeol’s favourite foods, that Baekhyun ad Sehun wrote down for her. “Do we have all the necessary ingredients for these foods in the kitchen?” she asked Yuha. The elderly maid took the list into her hand and her eyes visibly widened.

“All these my lady? Are you going to make all of them?” she asked dumbstruck.

Seora nodded thoughtfully. “We don’t know what mood he will be in when he arrives home tonight, so let’s just make everything. So do we have what we need Yuha?” she asked again.

The maid shook her head. “I guess we have to go to the market my lady. I will send a maid to fetch everything.” She replied.

“Ani... I’ll go myself. Yuha you can come with me right? Then I can learn how to choose best ingredients too!” she said, beaming delightedly. Yuha nodded with an endearing smile. “Of course my lady, let’s do so.”

 

* * * * * * * *
 

“What is it your majesty?”

Chanyeol slide open the door to the king’s office, and darted in.

“I was inspecting a training session, and ran here as soon as I heard your majesty wanted to see me.” He panted. “Has the messenger arrived?”

The king nodded and held out a black envelope. “It’s tonight. The deal is happening tonight in the city harbour.” He said.

“It’s earlier than we expected,” Chanyeol came forward and took the envelope from the king’s hands. Taking out the letter in it, he started reading at once.

It was a case the king as appointed him on, a few months ago. The valuable ancient books and records kept in the royal library had been vanishing since a few months, and the king ordered Chanyeol to hunt down the thieves and bring back the ancients books and documents. He had been working on the case, engaging spies on the suspected people. And the letter which had arrived today, said that the prime suspect of the theft, will be meeting his foreign affiliates in the city harbour tonight.

“I will go there your majesty.” He lifted his head from the letter, and looked at the king. “This time I’ll make sure everyone gets behind bars this time.” he said, in a determined voice.

The king nodded with an appreciating smile. “You have all my trust with you Chanyeol, but make sure you and your boys also return safely.” And the king changed his expression, and gave him a suspicious look. “Are you doing fine these days?”

Chanyeol gave the king a puzzled look. “What do you mean your majesty?”

“How’s your life with her?”

Chanyeol’s face turned dark in seconds.

“Tell her highness that I’m living like a prisoner in my own house.” Suddenly he said, his stubborn attitude taking over his politeness. “I know that your majesty is asking me this because the queen wants to know it.” He went on. “Please tell her to live happily because she made my life so happy.” He bowed down, and raised his head to look at the king. “I have to prepare for the attack tonight. So I will take my leave now.” He turned around, and strode out of the office.

The king watched him with a smirk. “Stubbornness runs in their blood I guess.” He thought. “Otherwise why am I not allowed to even steal a kiss from her unless I order her brother to be good to his wife?” he chuckled to himself.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“We’re going for an ambush tonight? Tonight?”

Baekhyun asked, gaping at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter