Final

Where fate leads

It had been days since she went into solitude. So it was natural for her to get shocked when she heard the banging on her main door. It was close to sunset, so Yoona was confused and slightly scared as who could it be at a time like this. She did'nt got to ponder over it for too long though, because the banging got louder. It clearly indicated that the person on the other side of the door was getting impatient for the door to get open. Yoona went their and tried to look from the peep hole. Her eyes widened when she came to know it was her friends. She started to panic. Surely they were here to know what her decision was. But what is she going to tell them? That she haven't decided anything still. Oh God! What is she gonna do now?

"Open the goddam door Im!" Jessica almost shouted, banging harshly on the door.

Boy she sounds so much angry.And an angry Jessica is a scary Jessica. 

Maybe she should just let them be. Maybe they will get tired and return thinking she was'nt home.

"I know your in their Yoona." Jessica told as if reading her mind."Open the door before I break it apart." She threatened.

Now Yoona had no other choice but to open it.So she did that with slightly trembling hands.

As soon as the knob clicked open both her friends barged in.

Yuri was about to open when Jessica beat her to it.

"Get ready Im. We are taking you to Seohyun so you can talk to her and finalize everything. And don't even you dare to make anymore excuses or I'll kill you for real this time." Jessica demanded

"Jess, babe calm down. Stop scaring her.Let me talk to her."

Jessica did'nt said anything. Yuri turned to Yoona.

"Yoona you have been hiding away for quite a long now. It's high time you get  everything over with. This cannot be prolonged anymore now. Whatever you want to do further, you need to talk it out with her. It is now a compulsion for you." Yuri explained

"But Yuri.." Yuri cut Yoona off from speaking further.

"Listen Yoona.You cannot run away like this always.This needs to be completed. You need to make a final decision and tell this to her. Even if it's a no, even if you are not going to be with her, you need to clearly tell her that. Because goodbyes hurt yes, but it hurts more when someone leaves without even saying a word. You did just  that with her and that had kept her hung upon you. If you want her to move on and let her to go off her love for you, you need to tell her that. So please, stop running away now and face your reality. Get ready and come with us.Okay." 

Yoona was about to object before, but after hearing all this out from her best friend she was silenced. What Yuri said made her think and she realised how selfish and unfair she was being to Seohyun. Her list of  reasons for hating herself was getting endless..

Yoona took a deep breath and began preparing herself mentally. She nodded to Yuri and asked them to wait while she got ready. Yoona noticed that Jessica relaxed a bit after seeing her agreeing to them. As much as Yoona wanted to, she was not going to back out now. It is now or never.

Nickhun was updated of the situation by Jessica.She also asked him to get Seohyun at a place she texted him about. After that they were all set for the final act.

When Yoona was made to get in the car of her friends' she was completely clueless as where she was lead to. She inquired her friends about it but neither bothered to answer her. So she just sat their with a little bit anxiety building up inside her.

After what felt like eternity, but was just a 40 minutes drive, the car finally came to a halt. When after getting out of it Yoona looked around her, she was more than surprised to see the place in front of her eyes. It was the same place she and Seohyun had the most precious memories of their time together. It was THE PARK.

Who would have known that such an ordinary place would be held witness to some of the most important events of both of their lives. And one more event was going to add on. 

The park was devoid of any human. It was made to be vacant so as to not be interrupted by anything. Guess her friends went out of their way for this. 

She was told by Yuri that they  had to  wait for both Nickhun and Seohyun for few more minutes.And when they'll arrive she and Seohyun would be left to talk alone.

Yoona waited anxiously. It also did'nt helped that the time was ticking too slowly for her liking. She never knew it was so tough to wait for someone.Now it made her wonder how Seohyun had done that all these years, even more so when she was'nt even sure if Yoona will ever be coming back. Because waiting for for someone is always so hard. And it is even more harder when you don't even know if you should even be waiting for that person in the first place. How had Seohyun even done that?

Finally, after agonizingly long minutes, Seohyun  arrived. Yuri wished her luck and along with Jessica  went to spot which was some distance away. Nickhun was already standing over there hiding. Seohyun did'nt even noticed when she was left alone by him. She was still unaware.

Yoona took a deep breath and braced herself. She took hesitant steps towards Seohyun.Eventhough her legs felt like jelly due to her nerves, she did'nt stop. When she reached Seohyun, her back was facing Yoona.

She balled her fists and called her name to get her attention.

"Seohyun."

Seohyun did'nt reacted immediately, might be because she was stilled at the voice calling her name.But she did turned around after a  few seconds.

When she turned around again, just like their last meeting, their world froze. Seohyun did not know what she felt  when she saw Yoona standing there. She felt so many emotions, both good and bad, at once. on the other hand, Yoona was again aware of her casual yet a bit costly attire. But she also did'nt failed to notice the dull and soulless eyes which staring back at her without any sort of emotion. This only made her more determined now to just put an end to their sufferings.

But that does not mean that she knew where to start with. She opened few times to speak up, yet closed it as no words came out of it. 

Thiis happened few times, until Seohyun had enough.

"What are you doing here?" she inquired flatly.

The hardness in her voice made Yoona flinch internally. But she had to it up, agterall what she had expected? For Seohyun to  just run to her after finding her in front of her eyes. 

She sighed heavily and started," Honestly Seohyun, even I don't know what am I doing here. After so many years, like this in front of you."

Seohyun's expression did not changed but her eyes held confusion. So Yoona continued.

"I don't know if after so long my explaination would even mean anything now. I am very well aware what I did to you was terrible. I can't even apologize to you for that. It won't change anything anymore." her voice croaked. All this time she did'nt dared to look at Seohyun. 

But what she was going to say now, she needed to look her in eyes for that.

"Seohyun I am not sure if you know the reason why I took that step but..." 

"I know!" Seohyun cut her off.

Yoona stared at unblinkingly.

"You knew?" Seohyun nooded. "Ok,but i still need to give an explanation to you."

"Seohyun, what I am going to tell you now, might seems to be hollow words. But please hear me out first."

"You know how I was before you came along in my life. Detached, aloof, cold and a lonely person. You were like the first warm ray of sunshine to my supposedly endless winter known as my life. The first sweet breeze of spring. I never had anything precious like you. I cannot explain the bliss I felt  when I was with you. I had unconsciously made a promise to myself, to do everything in my power to keep you happy. I had wanted the same smile to be on your lips which reached to your eyes, to be forever present. I knew at the back of my mind and had feared that it won't be the case if you and I will stay together, if you will choose me over everything. You were way more than what i wished and deserved. And the thought had eaten me up from inside that I was not enough for you. God gifted me you but I was not capable to handle such a precious gift. My emotions were always overpowered by my insecurities and self doubts. I was not confident enough to believe in myself,that I can make you happy if you stayed with me. Neither I was strong enough to fight that."

Yoona paused to compose herself from sudden overwhelming emotions. Seohyun hadn't uttered anything but her eyes were misty.

Yoona continued,"After the episode with your mom happened, all my doubts were strengthened. And your father was just on the right time and place to take advantage of it. I was suddenly dragged out of the happy dream I was living with you into a nightmarish reality. My doubts, incapability, fears everything clouded my sense of judgement. I did the only thing my scared mind told me to follow,which was to disappear from your life. I knew it was not the correct thing to do. I should have at least talk to you,but I knew what you would have wanted. We could have chosen to fight for love, and it was the correct thing to do even.But I also knew what would have been the consequences for that decision. And I was not prepared to pay the price for that decision, especially on your happiness's expense. That's why I choose to leave. But What I never had imagined was that  I would be landing you in the same situation by leaving you. That I am offering you the same life which I thought would be our reality if we stayed together, when I was leaving you. I never had imagined this to happen even after me choosing to leave you for the same reason.  I am still the reson for your sufferings."

Yoona silently was shedding tears. All the heaviness in her heart poured out of her eyes.

Seohyun too was sobbing. With tears in her eyes, she asked her,

" So are you here today to apologise for that now? Do you think it will change anything?"

Yoona tried to steady her voice and control her tears before speaking again looking into Seohyun's eyes,

"No! As much as I want to. I know my apology will not lessen your pain and won't change anything you've gone through. So I am not here to ask what I am undeserving of. I am here to help you from your pain. I have caused all this so it is only fair for me make it right. I want to make you understand Seohyun that  you have your whole life ahead, and you also have  more valid reasons to live. So what are you punishing yourself for by doing this to yourself?"

Seohyun watched Yoona with confusion written on her face."What do you mean Yoona?"

"Last time I never considered the fact of what you wanted and made the decision to leave all by myself. You were not given the chance to choose or decide.So I am going to give that chance to you this time. I am not sure if that is the correct thing to do, but it is the only way i can think of. I am going to let you decide Yoona what you want. I want to be happy again.And I will support you in your decision in every way you want, whether you choose me or not.If you can be happy again by being with me like before, then I am going to do just that.Eventhough I admit I am still scared but I won't back out this time." 

Yoona wanted to say that she will even leave if that will make her happy, but she remained silent instead.

Seohyun contemplated on what to decide. one can see the struggle in her eyes clearly.

"After what you did to me it's hard to forgive you Yoona.And I cannot  trust you again like before." Seohyun let out in soft voice.

Yoona would be lying if she said she was'nt affected by that. She was disappointed and little hurt with what had Seohyun said. But she had already promised her to support Seohyun's decision, no matter what. So she is not going to complain, question or persuade her otherwise.

Yoona nooded and said, "I understand Seohyun.I am going to respect your decision if me leaving again is going to relieve your pain." 

Saying this Yoona turned to leave as she did'nt wanted to cry in front of Seohyun. But she was held back by someone stopping her by her wrist, SEOHYUN. Yoona did'nt dare to turn though.

"I said i cannot trust you Yoona, but I still love you like before."

Yoona turned around swiftly, looking at her questioningly.

"What do you mean by that?'

"You had hurt me Yoona and made me suffer,but I know that were not your intentions.You were played by  my father.He knew how much you loved me and will do anything for my happiness. He took advantage of your love for me and made you leave me by manipulating you. You loved me to death and wanted the best for me, even if you have to go to any extent for that, which you did. You were not totally wrong, you should just had to have some faith in our love. Which I still have. I am still in ove with you Yoona.Just as much as I was back then.It had'nt changed."

"Seohyun...." Yoona just was able to whisper that. Nothing else can be uttered from as she was so overwhelmed, and on brink of tears again.

Seohyun cupped her cheeks and continued, "You said you want to make it up to me and help me making me happy again, right?" Yoona nooded

"So just be with me for rest of our lives. Only that will make me happy again.Make me trust in you again.Show me you have faith in our love. Help me forgive you by being with me.I want us to be same like we were before you left.Can you do that Yoona?" 

Without saying anything, Yoona pulled her into a tight embrace. She kissed Seohyun's forehead and promised

"I promise you Seohyun, I will try my best.Even if i have to spend my life to make us again how we were before everything happened, I won't stop.I am not planning on disappointing you this time. Thank you Seohyun!Thank you so much for giving me another chance, for waiting for me, for belieiving in me, in us. Thank you!"

Seohyun was crying in Yoona's embrace.Her tears held so many emotions. They were filled with joy of getting back with her true love.But they were also relieving her from the pain and sorrow she had held inside since so long.

"Yo-you don't know how much it hurt Yoona" she sobbed.

"You dont now how-how I was so close to give up." seohyun let out her agony to her.

Yoona kissed her head again, tightening the embrace and carding her fingers in Seohyun's hair.

"I know Seohyun,I know. I am sorry for what you've gone through, but not anymore.I am here now and I won't let you go through that again,ok."

They basked in the happiness of their embrace. Seohyun feeling safe and complete again in Yoona's arm. She haven't felt like this eversince Yoona left. They both enjoyed the moment for few more minutes until someone interrupted them.

"Finally!" It was Yuri.

Right, in the heat of the moment they had totally forgotten they weren't alone. 

"I am glad that now I don't really have to kill someone with the surname Im." Jessica indirectly threatened and everyone laughed.

"So finally I can relax now.My hard work had paaid off." Nickhun exclaimed.

Seohyun was a bit flustered and ashamed when she realised that everything conspired in front of her husband. She was about to apologize to him.

"Nickhun I am sorr-"

"What are you saying sorry for Seohyun.I am happy for you both."

"But aren't you angry or disappointed with me?I cheated on you."

Nickhun chuckled,"Cheated? Come on Seohyun! I was the one to bring Yoona back to you."

Seohyun was shocked to hear that and looked  at him for explanation.

"Yoona will explain everything later." he simply stated.

"What about Jonghan?"Yoona asked this time.

"We'll think about later how we are going to handle him. For now you both just enjoy being with each other. Don't worry about him for now.And also don't you worry about Seohyun's dad too.I guess I know how to handle him. For now, Yoona you are provided with a weeks leave  officialy. You both need to spend time with each other anyways." he stated with a smile.

Seohyun left Yoona's side and went to Nickhun to give him a thanful kiss on his cheek. And they laughed when heis cheeks  were dusted with light pink hue.

"That's why I believe you were netter for her than me Nickhun." Yoona said

"You don't start again and ruin the moment Yoona." he replied.

"Ok. We owe you a big time.Thanks for everything."

They all cheered for their reunion. All were happy that their efforts were paid of. Yoona and Seohyun were happy to be together.

Yoona was also thankful.Thankful of many things. She was thankful for the angel that was sent to help them unite in Nickhun's form.She was thankful for getting such great friends like Jessica and Yuri.She was thankful for having another chance at love and happiness.But most of all, she was reaally grateful for having Seohyun back in her arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Seohyun can I ask you something?" 

Seohyun looked at her giving her attention.

"How were you able to wait for me when you there were more chances of me not returning? How were you sure I will come back?

Seohyun  smiled before answering," You know Yoona,my nanny used to tell me something about love which I remebered very clearly."

"what is it?"

"Like everything else, there is a time decided for love too. Like everything, love too will happen when the time is right for it. Remember when the  time we talked before you left.You told me we will meet again when the time is right. That's is exactly what happened.That was not our time, but we meet again when the time was right for us. And now we are together. Seohyun completed her explaination by intertwining their hands.

Yoona, without wasting another second, captured her lips in a searing kiss.The kiss was full of love, which cannot be expressed verbally.Seohyun never failed to make Yoona fall in love with her more and more everytime.

Yoona does'nt think she will able to love anyone as much as she loved her.And once again, unconsciously, she made another promise to herself.

This time a promise of'never letting Seohyun go'.

 

 

END