Departure

Where fate leads

Ten days had passed since that episode. Seohyun and Yoona had not got the chance to meet after that. Yoona tried to reach her through  calls and texts, but she got no reply. Jessica had visited Seohyun at her home. The next day of her visit Yoona came to know that her parents had snatched her phone away. That's why she was not answering it. Not only that, she was also grounded. No wonder Yoona couldn't find her even in university.

To say both were disheartened would be an understatement. They both were miserable and longing for each other. They were unable to understand what they were suppose to do. They desperately wanted to see each other and know how the other is.  There friends were also hurting seeing them both like this. On top of that, nobody knows how to help them with the situation.

 

Yuri,however, came up with a temporary solution. She suggested Jessica to contact Yoona whenever she visited Seohyun, so they can at least talk. That was all that was in their hands to do. And Jessica did so. 

She visited Seohyun the very next day. Seohyun's mother was not there, just her nanny and her. Taking advantage of the situation she called Yoona.

"Hello!"

"Yoona." Seohyun called 

"Seohyun! Is that you?" Yoona asked anxiously

Hearing Yoona's voice after Seohyun wasn't able to control her tears and burst out crying bitterly. Although it was just more than 10 days, it felt like ages since she heard that voice. And hearing her cries, Yoona too shredded a tear or two. But she didn't let it known in her voice. She spoke as normally as she can.

"Don't cry Seohyun. You know it hurts me knowing you are not happy. Everything will be alright!" She assured, even though she herself doubted it.

"I miss you so so much Yoona. It's getting harder to pass each day and not seeing you."

"I know! It's harder for me too. But we need to be strong. For our love!for us!"

"I want to see you Yoona."

"You will! It's just not the right time. But I promise, I'll reach out to you when the time is in our favour."

"I hope it will be soon."

"Me too! And stay strong for me please. Everything will fall into place after a while, okay?"

Seohyun just hummed.

"I need to go. Will again try to call you the first chance I get,okay?"

"Yeah!"

"Seohyun!"  "Hmm."

"I love you!" Yoona confessed

A small smile graced Seohyun's face. This was the first time she heard those words from Yoona. 

"I love you too Yoona! Till death." She replied.

Yoona smiled too. "Bye!"  "Bye!" 

They ended the call.

"What? What the hell are you saying? This can't be true."

"It is the truth. I saw both of them kissing lovingly in the cafe. And when I confronted them, they shamelessly were confessing there so called  disgusting love for each other, to me."

"Tell me the whole story."

Seohyun's father had came home nine days after the incident. And her mother didn't wasted time telling him everything about both of them and what happened. She narrated the whole incident to Mr Seo.

After hearing everything from her mother, her father got quite and serious. Thoughtful. Then after a long stretch he spoke.

"From what you've told, this girl is not going to get threatened easily. She has nothing to lose and had been through worse already."

"So what you want me to do? Sit back and watch the spectacle." Mrs Seo fumed

"Don't worry and let me handle this matter. I need to do it differently. I know what to do."

"What are your plans?" 

"You'll see!" He smirked

A few days later

"Yoona wait."

Yoona turned around to find Yuri and Jessica approaching her. It was technically their last day of university before their finals. After that they will be graduated. 

"Need anything guys?" Yoona questioned

"How are you coping Yoona?" Yuri inquired

Yoona sighed heavily, "What do you think?"

"Have you find any solution for you and Seohyun?" It was Jessica who asked.

"No! I haven't!"

"I wish I could help you guys somehow. Seeing you like this makes me scare for me and Jessica too."

While being engrossed in their conversation they didn't noticed a BMW which was parked a few meters away from them. After five minutes, a man wearing a black uniform approached them. They stared at him confused.

"Who is Yoona from three of you ?" The man inquired

They exchanged a look with each other before Yoona answered.

"It's me! Why?"

"Master have some business with you, I believe. So I was told to take you to him. He is waiting in that car." He finished pointing to the car.

"Who are you talking about?" Yoona asked suspiciously.

"Just follow me and all your doubts will be cleared."

He waited. After some hesitation Yoona began walking, so did Yuri and Jessica.

"You both stay here. Only she can follow me there. No one else." He stopped them

"No ways we are leaving her on your mercy." Yuri countered.

But Yoona interjected, "Yuri don't worry for me. I got this."

Yuri was about to argue, but both Jess and Yoona silenced her. Yoona followed after that man.

After reaching the car, the man opened the back door and gestured Yoona to take a seat inside. She did hesitantly.

A man probably in his early fifties was seated behind. He looked very rich and influential. The door closed and the man came to take the driver's seat.

"You must me confused and afraid right now Miss Yoona." The man started "let me ease your worries"

"I am Seohyun's father." He introduces himself. And with that Yoona paled, uncertain of what to come.

"We have a talk overdue. I suggest to go someplace appropriate. Shall we?" 

He didn't wait for her reply and ordered his man to drive some place Yoona didn't know. They were brought to a small hilltop like secluded  place. Just a bench to sit near the railings and beautiful scenario to look down to.

Her father ordered for him and Yoona to be left alone. And his man left. It was now just the two of them.

"I came to know about you and my daughter's....little adventure from my wife." He looked at her " is it true?"

Yoona thought that now is the time to prove her love for Seohyun. Maybe if she tried she could get an approval from this man. Maybe he will be supportive for their love, unlike his wife. 

So she braved herself, determined she started.

"If you are asking about my love for your daughter, then yes! I am in love with her. I know it's hard to accept a love for same gender, especially someone a poor being like me. But I love her with all my heart."

The man gave a lopsided smile to Yoona before speaking,"love is not enough to spend your life child. Do you even know the life Seohyun is used to live. Will you be able to provide her with her every needs like a man of my choice would?" 

"I know I am not capable of completing her wishes. But I assure you that I'll do the best I can to provide your daughter with everything i could, with all my might. It's just a matter of some time."

The man laughed, " All of this is either your wishful thinking or you are leaving in dream ignoring the reality."

"Of all you are the one who knows the harsh reality of life and survival. Still you have the audacity to make such statement."

"I'm all but telling you the truth, sir." Yoona defended 

"Alright! So let me ask you then, on serious note, some questions. And i want you to answer honestly."

Yoona nodded

"What do you know about love?"

Yoona was thoughtful,  then she answered "Love for me has only one name-Seohyun. I don't know anything else about it. I know I love her because she made me the happiest when I'm with her. And this will be my only definition for love till the day I die." Yoona finished, looking straight into his eyes.

"Very well! What can you do for your love? If I ask you something to do for your love, till what extent will you go for it?" 

"There is no extent or limit of my love for Seohyun. I can go to any limits for her. She is my life now.I have nothing to lose anyways."

"Is that your final answer? Think again for you won't be able to back out on your words."

"it's my final statement."

"Then I am going to ask you to leave your life." He said Yoona looked confused and shocked.

"You said my daughter is your life. I am asking you to leave her." Yoona was about to object, but he held a hand to silence her.

"You know very well how hard is to survive. You barely can get for yourself after doing multiple jobs. While Seohyun, she has everything on her beck and call. Her table is always full with delicacies you won't even had heard of. And you think you can provide her with the same lifestyle if she choses to be with you?" He spat. Yoona's determination was starting to tatter.

"Listen up! If you both choose to be together, I'll make sure you  both be starved till death and your life will be a living hell. I won't tolerate such nuisance. I'll forget that she is my daughter if she will choose you and ruin my reputation. I'll ruin you both if she'll make me a laughing stock in front of everyone. Do you understand?"

Now Yoona was more terrified then ever, not for herself but for Seohyun. Because by the looks of it, this man can surely do that and won't think twice before doing so. 

Seeing the opportunity fit Mr Seo hit his final .

"So you better leave here if you want to see your love happy and like she is now. Do it for her if not for yourself. Leave and never return."

Yoona stood stoned with her fists balled.

"You only have a day to pack your belongings and disappear. Or else whatever will take place, you'll be responsible for that. I don't care where you go, what you do. I can give you money if you want. Just leave." With that said he called his driver and left in his car. Leaving Yoona there distressed and scared.

 

After Yoona was back home, she replayed everything that happened all day. She gave everything a thought to every aspect. She surely won't be able to live without Seohyun, but more than that she won't be able to bear if her love will suffer coz of her. That was sure to happen if they stayed together, as her father didn't seemed to be giving empty threats. She will die first, before seeing Seohyun suffering.

So, by the time night fall she had made her decision. Letting her fear and insecurities taking the best of her and not believing in their herself, she chose to give upon their love, upon them.

At dawn she had her belongings and left. Not knowing where she was heading, just some destination faraway from there, to disappear.

 

That same morning she got a call from her friends on her way to nowhere. She didnt answered. But soon after Seohyun called. At first, she contemplated but then received it, wanting to hear her voice one last time.

"Hello Yoona!" Seohyun sounded worried and desperate "I want to meet you. I am not feeling okay and won't be until I see you."

"That's not possible Seohyun."

"I don't care if it's possible, I just want to see you."

" I can't meet you now Seohyun."

"Then when can you?" Seohyun outburst

Yoona paused, then "Maybe never!" And after that she disconnected the call and switched the device off.

Seohyun was baffled and refused to believe what she heard. She tried many times but couldn't reach Yoona. She called Jessica and told her everything. She also asked her and Yuri to go and check Yoona at her home.

But when she reached there, they saw the door locked. And a letter placed on the knob(as if Yoona knew they will come over there for her). Seohyun's name was written on it. So they both went to her place and handed her the letter.

With trembling hands she opened the letter and started reading.

 

Dear Seohyun

After what I am going to do, I won't be able to look myself in the same light.

I thought I won't be able to taste love after my mother.I thought I will forever be alone. But I was wrong.

Life blessed me with a friend like Yuri first, then, 

With you. He best ever gift I had from my life. 

The way I was with you, won't ever be with someone else. You made me feel special, loved. 

I always knew you were way beyond my league. And feared that when you'll come to realize it, you will leave me. After all, you were more than what I deserved.

But never in my worst of dreams had I thought to be the one leaving you. I am nothing but a coward and illfated  to not be able to cherish the gift life had bestowed me with. YOU.

And I am also betraying not only your trust but my friends' also. I know what I had done is unforgivable. So I won't be asking for you to forgive me.

No! Don't forgive me, never ever. I deserve your hatred not love. So please Seohyun, 

Hate me with all your might and move on. Erase me like a nightmare, like I was never a part of your life. 

I don't wish anything more now than your happiness. I hope you to be happy in your life.

Goodbye Seohyun!

 

After she completed reading, her knees buckled and she sat on floor lifelessly. Then she began to cry uncontrollably, clutching the letter and hoping for it all to be a nightmare. Hoping for everything to be the way it was when she woke up from it.