The reunion

Where fate leads

Today was the day the new CEO and the son of the owner was going to come. This was pretty much the topic of everyone's conversation that day when Yoona reached the office. The news rapidly reached to ears of every staff member. Everyone were making assumptions about him. Mostly, women were dreaming to impress him by their looks and so on...

Yoona could not understand why so much fuss was for. Why their new boss's upcoming presence mattered to everyone so much. So ignoring everyone's whisper talks, she headed towards her department. Even there the scenario wasn't much different, especially with Krystal. She was still going on with her plans of being his extra marital affairs,even though no one seemed to take interest.

Yoona just sighed and went to do her work.

After 3 hours every staff members were called to for an announcement. Guess the moment they were all waiting for was finally here. What else could be the reason for their sudden gathering? Everyone were anticipating the presence of their so called new boss. Soon after, a guy came in their view following Mr. Song and his secretary. Yoona took a glance at him.

The guy was fair skinned, a somewhat cute face, with eyesmiles and fairly tall. And he looked at about 29-30 yrs of age.Overall handsome and charming. No doubt all female employees were drooling over his appearance and the males were being envious. Even Yoona admitted to herself that he was in fact attractive, but it doesn't affects her much. Mr.Song started after the murmurs and whispers suited.

"Good morning everyone! I guess all of you must be aware about the announcement I am going to make. So coming to the point, let me introduce to your new boss here. This young man is Mr. Nickhun, the son of the owner and chairman of our company. He will be working here as our CEO and soon after will takeover the company. I want you all to cooperate and give every bit of your diligence to him as you all have given to his father. I hope you all will be cooperative. Now this young man is going to say something."

He stepped aside for the male to take his position in the front. Then the guy started.

"Hello everyone! Mr.Song here had pretty much said everything about me so I'm not going to repeat that. I just wanted to say that a company's success is dependent on their hardworking and talented employees. And so many of you are even more experienced and knowledgeable than me. So I just want you all to be patient with me and guide me through as it will be a bit difficult for me to handle everything at first. And I want you all to be relaxed around me. I don't want robotic employees but people who have their own opinions and visions which can help the company excel. So looking forward to work with you guys. Thank you so much."

As soon as he finished everyone applauded. No need to say everyone were impressed by his ideologies and were more than willing to work with him. After the crowd came down from their applauding, Mr.Song continued.

"And one more thing everyone. Tomorrow is Friday night and the company has arranged a party- a welcome party to be exact in honour of your new boss. So we want each and every employee to attend the party and feel free to come with your partner,friend or one of your family member. That's all for now. You all are dismissed and can go back to your respective work. Thank you all!"

Everyone went back to their work happily and impressed by the new boss. Yoona too was going back along with Victoria and Krystal( all the males of their department already had left, they were last) when they were stopped by him. 

"Excuse me girls! Are you from the marketing department?" Nickhun asked

"Yeah! I'm Krystal and this is Victoria and Yoona." Krystal introduced them eagerly.

"Well nice meeting you all. Specially you miss Yoona. I've heard many good things about you from Mr.Song. he considers you to be very hardworking and diligent." He said smiling to them, hands inside his pant pockets.

Yoona was surprised to hear that." Really? Well then I'm glad."

"I expect more from you miss Yoona. See you guys tomorrow at the party. You can go now."

They all bowed and left from there with Krystal sulking about how he didn't talked about her. Yoona thought about what he said. She felt it strange as she was not the only hardworking employee and besides she was the newest here. Then why only Mr.Song only complimented about her?

In her thoughts she missed out the expression and and the way Nickhun was looking at her retrieving back.

The day and the next ended pretty fast and soon it was time for the welcome party. That day the employees were dismissed early from office so that they can attend the party being refreshed. Yoona too reached her apartment and sat herself on the couch.

She was not in a slightest mood to attend the party. But she has no other option and it will be rude of her because their new boss personally invited them to the party. Besides, even if she won't go both Krystal and Victoria will drag her out of her house to go there. Thus, she has to go and attend it.

But for some reason Yoona was feeling restless about it. She was having a hunch that something was awaiting her at the party. But She didn't have any reasons or excuse to ditch out. So she got herself ready for the party, wearing whatever decent party attire she had.

When she reached at the venue almost all of the members were present with their respective acquaintances. The venue was party hall of a five star hotel. It was where every party of the company was arranged. It was huge and beautiful. Yoona was in awe. Once she had her fair share of ogling over the interior, she went inside to find her friends. She didnt had to search for long. Victoria and Krystal were coming towards her. 

Both were looking absolutely stunning. With Krystal wearing a long peach gown completed with the required amount of makeup, earring and a diamond bracelet. She had set her her in beach waves. Whereas, Victoria was wearing black long pants with off shoulders top and long matching earrings. She had left her silky long hair open. They were absolutely gorgeous, unlike her with her bottom green shirt and white pants. Little to no makeup,  small tops in her ears and a pendant in her neck. And she had pinned her hair in half. So usual, just like her.

She noticed that both Taejoon and Siwon came with their partners. Taemin and Sungyu bought their family member and both Krystal and Victoria were alone like her. Krystal's family had to attend some urgent matters and Victoria's were away in China. They all knew that Yoona was all alone.

She was chatting with both her friends when someone tapped on her shoulder. When she looked back she was totally surprised to see Yuri in front of her. What was she doing here?

"Yuri! You're here?" Yoona exclaimed

"Aww! I thought you'd be happy to see me. You hurt me Yoona." Yuri faked sobbed.

"No Yuri, I'm not at all happy to see you." Yoona played along.

"Mean", Yuri said. Yoona introduced Yuri to both of them. They exchanged greetings and after that Yuri excused herself and Yoona from others.

Yoona asked, " seriously Yuri. How come you're here?"

"I'm here as partner with Jessica, as she knows someone from the owner's family. She was invited so she got me here too."

On hearing about Jessica Yoona smiled widely.

"Right Jessica! How is she? Does she still wants to kill me?"

"She's good. And she doesn't want to kill you but she still hates you. So beware!She'll be here soon."

"I don't blame her. I totally deserves her wrath. After all, I hurt her best friend."

Yes. Jessica was Seohyun's best friend back when she was in Jeju. Few months after Seohyun, Jessica had transferred to their uni with the same majors as Seohyun's. And right from the moment she saw Yuri, both of them instantly liked each other. Few weeks later, they started dating. Many a times all four of them had gone in double dates. Those were the best days of her life.

Jessica had a soft corner as a friend for Seohyun and was protective of her. She once warned Yoona to not hurt her friend or else she threatened to kill her. And Yoona obliged. Now will she really kill her as per her promise?

Finally after thirty minutes, the person for whom the party was held arrived. Nickhun came in with someone but Yoona was unable to see that person's face. She spotted Jessica though with Yuri dome distance away from her. She wasn't looking very pleased to see her. Yoona just drove her attention on stage where now nickhun was standing. He first off apologized for being late and thanked them for attending the party. Right when he was about to introduce the person who came with him, Yoona got an important call. She left towards the lobby and took the call. When she returned back Nickhun was no longer on stage, instead was attending his guests. Victoria approached her and told her that Yuri was looking for her. When she was going into the direction she last saw Yuri, she was met with Nickhun.

"Miss Yoona. We're you going somewhere?" Yoona nooded

"Oh! Before that I would like you to meet my lovely wife." He directed Yoona towards the said person and called her.

When both of their eyes met world around them froze. Both looked at each other shockingly, loosing the capacity to say a word. Nickhun started.

"Yoona, this is my wife Seohyun." He introduced. Nobody said anything after that. Nickhun left them alone to meet someone important. 

They both were standing speechless, not knowing what to do, how to react. In that moment, their past flashed right through front of their eyes. Both tried and remember their old self and unconsciously compared with their present appearance.

Yoona seemed a bit matured to Seohyun but other than that everything was much like before. For Yoona, Seohyun still looked beautiful and charming with her expensive jewellery and designer clothes. Which was something she couldn't have possessed if she and her were together.

But despite of it, something was missing. That happiness which always showcased on her face was replaced by sadness and sorrow. The happy glint was gone, her eyes were no longer smiling. Even her smile seemed fake.

Had she caused it? Was she the reason behind that sorrowful expression? Is this why she was restless and reluctant to come here? So many questions raised in her mind  and there was no answer for that.

Once again her fate was being cruel and playing it's ugly game with Yoona.