Leap of faith

Where fate leads

Seohyun decided to give Yoona space, some time to think. And she hoped that Yoona would say to giving her a chance. So she just waited. She didnt even tell Yuri about all this.

Four days were passed and Seohyun still didn't got her answer. Yoona kept ignoring her. Seohyun tried to approach Yoona but she was avoiding her like a plague. Seohyun was on the verge of losing patience. She was getting frustrated each passing day. How much more time does Yoona want? Her frustration could be seen in her actions. She was either angry or gloomy. Yuri noticed this and tried to ask her but Seohyun didn't said anything.

A week passed by like this and Yuri could not bear this anymore. She decided to confront Seohyun. So at lunch she cornered her.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You've been sulking since a week. And even Yoona has seemed to disappear. Are you guys having problems?"

"Nothing's wrong. Just having bad day." Seohyun replied in a bored tone.

"You are trying to lie without even caring to sound sincere. Come on Seohyun, tell me what's the matter. Your mood swings are bothering me. I can't take it anymore." Yuri insisted.

Seohyun sighed knowing she is not going to get away this time. So she told everything to Yuri and how Yoona's ignorance is getting her insane.

After some moments of pause Yuri said, "So this all it is about. I can understand your situation,but it's not easy for anyone. Especially for someone like Yoona."

"I totally understand Yuri. But it's been a whole week and she had kept me hanging without an answer. This is getting to me you know. And I have no clue what to do."

"Do you want me to talk to her?"

"I don't know if this is a good idea. What if she gets angry by you getting involved?" Seohyun doubted.

"Ok! We'll give her 7two more days. And if she still doesn't answer to your proposal,then I am going to confront her too."

Seohyun smiled," Thanks Yuri. You are such a life saver."

"No need to thank me. We're friends and I want to see both my friends happy. Besides, consider it as a favour. Arent you going to do the same when I will be having troubles with someone special?" Yuri joked.

Seohyun just laughed at this and they headed towards their classes.

It's been days since Seohyun told her that she likes her. Yoona was shocked to the core. She never thought someone even would be interested in her,much less like her. And to top of it, that someone was Seohyun. A person who was practically out of her league. No need to say she was baffled by the situation she was landed in. She was scared and confused. She was in a dilemma which she didn't thought she would ever face.

It's not like that she didn't like Seohyun. In fact she was the first person for whom she felt something. But she didn't know how to react to her request. And Yoona doesn't want to give her false hope when she herself was unsure of her feelings. So she simply decided to continue ignoring her meanwhile. But it was getting difficult for her to do so. She missed Seohyun very much. Her heart felt heavy whenever they both had come face to face after that incident. She could detect the need for an answer in Seohyun eyes. And it hurt her seeing that saddened eyes when she has to turn away.

Deep inside her heart she knew that her feelings reciprocated Seohyun's. But she was reluctant to admit even to herself. There were more chances of them ending bitterly. They don't seem to have a chance with each other. Or more like, Yoona doesn't stand a chance for someone like her. So she was hesitant to give that chance which Seohyun asked for she can't risk herself for a heartbreak. Especially when there would be no one to hold her afterwards.

Yoona still ignored Seohyun and haven't answered her yet. So as per the promise,Yuri was going to talk to Yoona. 

It was a Thursday and Yoona's day off from work. Yoona went straight home after classes, so Yuri showed up at her doorsteps for the talk. Yoona was a little surprised as Yuri had only visited twice before.

"Hey Yuri! What're you doing here?" Yoona asked.

"Why? I'm your friend and as per my knowledge friends can visit each other whenever they want. Even if they don't have any business."

"When are going to stop answering like that for simple questions.

"Probably never.", Yuri made an obvious face and entered inside.

"What do want to have? Something to drink maybe." Yoona offered

"Nothing! Come and sit with me. I have something to talk to you.", she said with a serious look.

Yoona had a feeling that this was not going to be good for her because Yuri rarely had those looks while talking. And every time it was something hard for Yoona. But anyways, she sat herself and gave her full attention to Yuri.

Yuri sighed then started,"I know about you and Seohyun and what she had asked from you."

Yoona stiffened at that and  stared her with big eyes. She knew it was a bad call. After moments of silence Yuri continued softly, with concern laced in her voice.

"What are you trying to do Yoona. Is this how you're going to handle the situation? Sooner or later you have to answer her. How long are you going to run away like this?"

Yoona looked down at her lap and answered," I don't know what to do Yuri. I am so scared and confused. I am not even sure of my feelings, then how can I lead her on?"

"Scared of what Yoona? From what I see, life is giving you a chance at happiness. If you are having doubts about it, talk to her and sort things out. But don't keep her hanging."

"I am scared Yuri. Life had always been cruel to me and I am afraid what seems to be a chance of happiness will be just another ugly game of my fate." Yoona said dejectedly with blurry eyes.

Yuri's heart went to her friend at this. She placed her hand at her lap and said, "I understand why you think so Yoona. But you have to take a leap of faith. You cant go on like this forever. Youve got to take and chances at things like this."

"I am sure this won't be another cruel joke of life but a beautiful opportunity. You need have some faith. And, god forbid, if anything went wrong I'll be there with you. Whatever will happen, we'll face it together. I promise"

Yoona was overwhelmed and she can never be more grateful for having a friend like Yuri. She decided to give her happiness a chance and listen to her heart. She was going to take that leap of faith. She just wanted to not come to regret her decision.