Without you

Where fate leads

All I ever wanted was a chance

A chance at happiness

A chance with you.

 

 

 

 

 

"Bye Takoya!"

This was what Jessica heard when she arrived at Seohyun's doorstep. She saw her hugging the said boy. Jessica hated him to her guts. He was a transfer student from Japan and quite popular for his playboy image. 

She never wanted Seohyun to date him because of the same reason. But she cannot say anything for that matter. Besides, her friend was also not innocent. They were dating because they were both popular heartbreakers of their university. And were something close to a power couple. 

The boy, Takoya was bidding Seohyun goodbye and he nodded towards Jessica as in acknowledging her, before he disappeared from there. Although, it wasn't spoken but both of them knew Jessica's dislike for their relationship.

Seohyun invited her inside afterwards. 

"Seohyun how many times did I told you to stop hanging out with him. He is not a good person." Jessica scowled.

"Chill Jess! There is nothing serious between us and you know that. We are just having fun with each other."

"If there is nothing serious then why are you still with him? I don't understand." Seohyun just shrugged.

"You know what I think. There will come a person who will tie you up by making you falling in love with them. Only then you will stop with your random hook ups." 

"Yeah yeah!" Seohyun snorted and just waved the matter.

Jessica sigged. What did she expected? When has she ever taken this thing seriously? Perhaps, never!

"Anyways, why did you called me here? What is it you want to tell me?"

Seohyun asked her to sit on the couch then started, " I am moving to Seoul"

"What!?"

"Dad is expanding his business there. And we're all going there. Mom too will get to her work over there. She has many potential clients there."

"When are going then?" Jessica asked a bit sad.

"Next week probably. I even got admitted in a prestigious uni. Everything is settled."

Jessica nodded, "I am going to miss you though."

"No need to miss me. Instead, follow me there."

"Eh?"

"Think about it Jess. We have more opportunities for our future there. Besides, who knows you find someone for yourself too. I mean you dont like anyone here enough to date them."

Jessica glared but after some thought said, "I'll think about it."

It was her first day at the new school in Seoul. This was the start of her new life.

Though she just had entered the gates and she was already looking unimpressed. The place was good to eyes but there was nothing  new or interesting to be found. Atleast to her. When has she been interested in many things anyways?

Seohyun thought that this year was going to be boring and uneventful. That nothing exciting is going to happen here for her. That is until she saw that girl, that is.

Until meeting that girl, little she knew how much eventful her life is going to be from now on. Just because of that one girl.

Initially, when she had entered the classroom she still held that same bored expression. But as soon as she caught sight of one person, sitting at the top left corner of the class, looking out of the window, she was held captive. 

Honestly speaking, there was nothing out of ordinary to be seemed in that girl. But nevertheless, Seohyun was intrigued by her. Especially after that brief eye contact they made.  The girl had stirred something in Seohyun unknowingly. What was it, even she had to find that out. Eventhough, the girl had disregarded her presence, Seohyun now can't stay still. 

 

It's been two days since Seohyun saw that girl. She had gathered much information about her on the first day itself and also befriended one of the girl's (whose name she came to known as Yoona) friend Yuri. Which was her shortcut to get to Yoona. 

As per what she got to know, Yoona prefers to stay alone and Yuri was her only friend. So taking Yuri's help would make her task easy. Eventhough, she never had thought that she would still be persistent for knowing the strange girl even after knowing this.

The thing with Seohyun was she never made efforts for anything she deemed even a tad bit unworthy. Also, even though because of her nature, she gets curious about almost everything really fast. But she lost interest for 95% of the things at double it's speed. And the remaining five percent-be it a thing or person, were either exceptional or out of ordinary.  This is the first time that an ordinary girl like Yoona had intrigued her and kept her interested for long. Maybe, that's why she was so desperate to get close to her. 

Besides, the curiosity she had experienced was somehow different from other times, when they held gazes. And something else, which she didn't knew the name of, was also felt by her. Seohyun realised at first, but there something else too that had worked up her interest, which she later came to know. Yoona was the first person to snub her. Usually it was the other way around.  But whatever it was, she was glad that it happened with her. 

 

With the help of Yuri, she was friends with Yoona. Although, the girl talked less and she barely gets to spend time alone with her. Seohyun was happy with the progress they had. And she very well knew that she will make Yoona comfortable to spend with just her. 

She had been sharing all of this to her best friend Jessica, eversince she saw Yoona. Jessica never commented anything just listened to her friend. She had a feeling that this Yoona girl was unknowingly changing her friend and in a positive way. Seohyun sounded so much happy whenever Yoona was the subject of talking. She now was just as eager to see this girl. And it was a good thing that she too will following with what seohyun asked her to. She hadn't told anything to Seohyun as it was going to be a surprise. 

 

Days went by in a bliss for Seohyun when there was Yoona's presence in her life. She had never felt that happy. There friendship had progressed immensely too. Now Yoona was comfortable with just her alone. They even recently had hanged out at the park and that was one of the best day of Seohyun's life.

However, things had changed between them after that. And Seohyun had sensed that too. She felt different for Yoona, she was sure. But she can't say the same for Yoona. Or so she thought.

Initially everything was great for them. They were getting used to with each other as well like friends do. They laughed, joked, talked and hanged out even without Yuri sometimes. Everything was almost perfect.  But then, suddenly Yoona started acting strange. It seemed  like she was avoiding and distancing herself from her. Whereas, on the other hand, Seohyun was getting sure she liked Yoona more than a friend. But Yoona seemed to be withdrawing herself from Seohyun. And it hurt like hell to Seohyun.

She missed those happiness she felt with Yoona. She missed feeling more alive. Missed there hangouts, talks, laughs. She missed Yoona terribly. The more she tried to approach her, the more she was ignored. And not knowing the reason behind this sudden change had made her feel like wanting to go crazy.

But not anymore. She was having enough of Yoona's odd behaviour now. She can't go spend even a moment now without talking to her. Seohyun haven't even talked to Jessica eversince because she was unable to think straight. She was determined to go and to talk and confess to Yoona. 

And she did just that.

Only she knows how hard was it for her to confess. She had never done this before. She was scared doing so. But she was more scared thinking about Yoona's response. Never had she felt so scared of thinking about getting rejected. She can't even imagine it happening. She so wanted to get an answer right then and there. But she knew she needs to give Yoona time. 

Although the more time passed by, the more she was getting scared and nervous. It had also affected her mood, which was getting awful day by day. Even the news of Jessica to be arriving next week could cheer her up. 

She cannot be anymore grateful for having Yuri, her angel, who took noticed of her misery and stepped to help her out. She didn't knew what Yuri did to convince Yoona, but whatever it was she can never be more happy with the outcome. 

When Yoona confronted her, confessing afterwards, Seohyun thought her heart was going to burst with happiness. She cannot believe what she heard. Was it a dream or Yoona did really confirmed that there feelings were reciprocated with each others? Even if it was a dream, it was the best ever dream she had.

Three days later, she was given the opportunity to share everything with her best friend Jessica face to face. She had came to Seoul, joining Seohyun's university. When she met Yoona, however she was not that happy by knowing about their relationship status. She seemed Yoona unfit for her friend.She later confronted her friend about it too. But Seohyun just told her to wait and know Yoona first before concluding anything.

 

 

Now they were dating! She was happy with her current  life. She cherished the moments she had with Yoona. But they were far from any dating couple. They didn't act like one according to Seohyun. 

I mean, they didn't had much skin ships. Yoona won't even let her hug her or hold hands. Let alone anything else. Sure, with some time it got better a bit, but still it was too slow for her liking. 

So Seohyun thought to step up one bit more. She knew Yoona won't take the initiative. She is too inexperienced to even realize for doing that. She decided to take matters in her own hands. 

Eventhough she was desperate, she didn't wanted to push Yoona too far. Or else, her plan could backfire on her. 

So when she got the chance to initiate the kiss she so badly wanted to have with Yoona, she grabbed. She was careful enough to hint Yoona about her actions. And she was also considerate for giving Yoona the chance to back out. But she was super happy that Yoona didn't took that chance, instead went on ahead. 

When there lips met for a kiss, Seohyun felt her heart explode with so much happiness. She felt she was on cloud nine. It was Yoona's first kiss, she could detect that, for Yoona was having trouble keeping up with her. But nevertheless, it was perfect for her. She did not even had words to describe everything. But one thing she was sure about. She had came to realize, in that moment, that Yoona is the one for her. And that she had so deeply fallen in love with her. Now she won't be able to feel like this for anyone ever again.

It was later in the evening, the other day that Seohyun and Jessica were in Seohyun's room. Ofcourse, her parents were not home as usual. Jessica started.

"Hey Seohyun! I wanted to say something to you."

Seohyun turned towards her, giving her full attention.

"I just wanted to say that you were right about Yoona. I came to a conclusion too quickly. I just thought she is not good enough for you given how she is,  her past and everything. But now I know it's not the case. She is really nice girl. I can see how happy you are with her. So I have no more problems with your relationship." She finished with a smile.

"I am glad you came to realize that. And btw you were right too." At that Jessica looked at her questioningly.

"Remember you used to say that I'll stop with the hook ups once someone will make me fall in love. That came true Jess. And that someone is Yoona." She finished with smiles.

Jessica was happy for her friends and gave her blessings. Eventhough, she was worried for them, but she didn't voice it just then. 

"Seohyun, there is something else I wanted to tell you too." 

"What is Jess?"

"I may like Yuri and we may or may not be like dating." By the time she said that, her face was red with embarrassment.

"What!?" Seohyun was shocked.

She can't believe that. But by the blush on her friends cheeks it seems to be pretty much serious.

"So what I said was right too! Didn't i told you, you might find someone here for you to date?"she said piching her cheeks to friend.

"Yah!" 

"Oh my! You are blushing madly Jess. What had Yuri done to you?" She laughed.

They both enjoyed the remaining evening talking about their newfound interests.