Reason

Where fate leads

Yoona went to her apartment after their talk in the washroom of the hotel. As soon as she closed the door behind her, she slumped against it. Ever since both of them left her in the washroom, not for a second even her thoughts had been seized. Right from the next moment to coming home Yoona's head had been full of her thoughts and reminisced her beautiful past woth Seohyun.

She sat there like that for God knows how long. Staring with blank look in her eyes in the front. She kept on thinking of different scenarios. Was she that wrong to leave? Had she done a huge mistake? What if what she thought was right for them wasn't like that actually? So many questions began whirling in her head. After awhile of pondering on the what ifs she got up and get changed. After that she straight away went to bed to try and get some sleep. Although she doesn't had ate anything, it didn't bothered her. She lost her appetite the moment she stared back at those beautiful orbs which seemed to have lost their shine.

"Seohyun....." she whispered. That sparkless eyes of her had been haunting eversince she left the venue. Those eyes which held so much life, which was her reason to admiration, was staring back at her lifeless. Never had she seen so much sorrow and emptiness in those eyes. She was scared for being a possible reason  behind  the sorrow in it. The thought itself made her shudder and her stomach churn. How can she even had lead it?something like that?

Her mind began to ponder over the reason for her departure and leaving her love behind as flashbacks of her past again came back to her mind. Encounters with Seohyun surely had something to do with her getting those flashbacks. With that thought, her mind began playing the unfortunate event in her eyes.

 

"Seohyun can I ask you something?", Yoona asked.

Seohyun looked up from her vision. They were sitting under the same tree again in the same park. That was their favourite spot to hang out and spend some quality time. Both of them leaning against the tree trunk with Seohyun's head against Yoona's shoulder. They were enjoying the silence and each other's presence,  when suddenly Yoona broke the silence and the tranquillity of the moment through the question.

"What is it Yoona?" Seohyun asked. She did not seemed want to have a talk right now, but still Yoona continued.

"I've been thinking a lot of something lately

"Ahuh"

"I was thinking that.....that...., does your parents know about us Seohyun?" That's it! She said it out loud. This thing had been pestering her for weeks now.

Seohyun shot straight from her position. She was now alert and Yoona had all her attention now. She looked at Yoona with mild surprise and something else which was a bit difficult to decipher. What was the emotion? Scared? Insecure?

"Why are you asking this suddenly?" Seohyun asked as if not believing.

"It's nothing sudden Seohyun. I was itching to ask you this since so long. So tell me, do they?"

Seohyun drifted her eyes towards the growing while answering, "No" "But why do they need to know?" Seohyun asked trying to make sense, even though she herself knew of the irrelevance of her question.

"You very well know why Seohyun. Forget about us, do they even know about your ual preference and that you love someone of the same gender as yours?"

"No they dont. But Why are we even talking about it? Why vant we talk about something else?" Seohyun tried to avoid talking about it. But Yoona stayed put. 

Linking her finger with Seohyun's and gently squeezing it she said, "they are your parents Seohyun. You can't hide it from them forever. Besides it feels as if we are committing something wrong by keeping it a secret fro them. I don't have anyone who will be bothered by this, but you do." Yoona finished.

"I know that!" Seohyun sighed. "But I can't tell them, they won't approve of it. They will try to seperate us and I don't want to lose you Yoona." Seohyun completed with a bile rising in her thought at the last sentence. Even the thought of loosing Yoona was terrifying for her to the core. 

Seeing her like this Yoona wanted to comfort her. So she immediately wrapped her hands around  Seohyun and bring her into hug. Seohyun hugged her back tightly. She can't afford to loose Yoona. Because loosing Yoona is like loosing herself too. 

Yoona in an attempt to calm Seohyun down, kissed her cheek and whispered a " everything will be alright Seohyun" in her ears. Although she herself doubted the garauntee of her statement.

 

After that incident, Yoona never tried to ask that question again, neither Seohyun wanted to talk about it. Yoona too was afraid of hearing the answer. She was very well aware that they were less likely to end up together. The chances were very slim, infact there was no chance at all. No matter how much they want to live in their blissful bubble and hoping and believing to be together, she knew it might never happen. 

Who was she fooling? She knew how hard a love is to keep, especially their kind of love. People as it are always seem to be against true love and lovers. And both her and Seohyun were stark opposite from each other in every damn aspect. There were so many reasons for this love to end bitterly or having them hurt. That's why she avoided the truth and reality of it all. She wanted to experience this bliss as long as possible.Wanted to live this dream as long as she could. She just played along with everything, ignoring the signs of the reality.

 

 

It was one of their rarest date where both Seohyun and Yoona were in a coffee shop and not in the park or at Yoona's home, like a regular couple. Yoona rarely agreed to come such places, knowing that Seohyun will spend so muh of her money on her, which Yoona disliked. Still Seohyun managed to drag Yoona with her to such places sometimes. Both were waiting for their order to arrive and talking. They were just the two of them,not accompanied by their best friends-Yuri and Jessica. 

Both were unaware of the prying eyes watching them like a hawk. The owner of the eyes was not liking what they saw. The owner could tell that Yoona was just an ordinary girl by the looks of her only. And they didn't like Seohyun hanging out with someone so ordinary. The owner was about to confront them both entering the cafe but halted at the scene playing in front of their eyes. 

By the time the owner of those eyes decided to go to them, both their orders had arrived. And when the person was close enough to almost enter the cafe something took place. Right at that time Yoona had to drink her frappucino messily, leaving it's traces on her lips. And right at that time too Seohyun had to lean forward and try to clean the frap from Yoona's lips by claiming those lips in a kiss. Yoona was caught offgaurd but nevertheless kissed back. Both unaware that this all was being watched by someone they didn't want to. 

Seohyun sat by smiling and they continued. But the person watching this was seething with anger. The person tried to cool their anger  and turned around to go back. Not deeming the place or opportunity correct to confront Seohyun about this as it could harm their image, the person went back.

 

It was again fate playing cruel games with them. Or else, Seohyun's mother would not have came unannounced to surprise her daughter. They both wouldn't have chose to go to cafe rather than the park. They wouldn't have chose the seat next to cafe window, where it was easier to see the view outside. Seohyun's mother's car wouldn't have broken down right in front of the said cafe.And she wouldn't have come to witness all that had taken place.

 

What was next on the list of their fate to take place now!?