CHAPTER 9 - UNEXPECTED

Toss Of A Coin

Daehyun and I stood at the fountain, holding our silver coin.

 

Yeah we know it's just a legend, and our coins are technically not pure, but for the novelty of it.

 

Who knows.

 

"You ready?"

 

Daehyun was taking a deep breath, "Yeah I guess."

 

I held the coin tightly and closed my eyes but felt him hold my free hand. I looked up at him, trying to ignore the crazy beating of my heart.

 

"D-Daehyun?"

 

He squeezed my hand, "Sorry, I just, need some support." He was afraid, clearly.

 

I rubbed soothing circles in the back of his hand and brought his hand to my lips, kissing it gently.

 

He stared at me and I just smiled, "Ready?"

 

I closed my eyes again and wished earnestly yet again. For me to regain my memories.

 

I opened my eyes and flicked my coin into the air, Daehyun doing the same.

 

I don't know how we did it but our coins clinked against one another as it fell into the water.

 

I giggled, "How did we do that?"

 

I didn't realise he was staring at me so intently until I turned to face him.

 

I felt my heart racing yet again, "Waegeulae?"

 

He released my hand and I felt my heart sink like never before.

 

"Did I do something wrong?"

 

I don't know why but I panicked.

 

"Yeah you did do something wrong," I could almost see fire burning in his eyes.

 

Then it happened, he held my neck and pulled me in for a kiss. I tried pushing away but he held me tighter.

 

His lips moved so gently against mine I almost melted on the spot. I closed my eyes and just felt him hugging and kisssing me.

 

Am I dreaming?

 

My eyes flew open and I stomped my foot on Daehyun's.

 

"Ah! Yah! Ssss-"

 

"Omo mianhe! I just- It was so sudden-"

 

He sat on the concrete seat and rubbed his foot.

 

"Mianhe jinjja mianhe," I panicked even more than before. I sat next to him, not knowing what to do.

 

He looked up at me after a while, "Yah."

 

I jumped slightly, his tone was flat, "Nae?"

 

He chuckled and took my hand, "Babo, why the hell did you step on me?"

 

"Well, why the hell did you kiss me?"

 

"W-Well why did you kiss my hand?"

 

"Why were you afraid?"

 

He stared at me, "I was afraid about what our memories held."

 

I looked away, "I kissed your hand because I didn't want you to be afraid."

 

He tilted my chin to look at him, "I kissed you, because I really really wanted to."

 

I raised an eyebrow, "Waeyo?"

 

He leaned in further, "The way you kissed my hand with so much affection, I wanted to taste your affectionate lips."

 

I leaned into him and kissed him this time. I couldn't stand it, his breath hovering above my lips, I need his kiss. He hugged me close to him and his phone rang.

 

I pulled away but he held me tight, "Don't."

 

He pressed his lips on mine and I nearly lost my head. He was intoxicating. I heard his phone ring again and I pulled away from him firmly, "Daehyun please answer it."

 

His eyes were so bright it was adorable, he took a deep breath and slid his phone out of his pocket. "Aish this YoungJae, yeoboseyo?"

 

I giggled, hearing his mini tantrum.

 

"Bwoh?! Jinjja?! Yeah yeah she's with me, arasso. Komawo chingu ah."

 

He hung up and pulled me with him.

 

"Wae?"

 

He smiled, "YoungJae found our accident records."