CHAPTER 1 - UNFORGETTABLE

Toss Of A Coin

I sat in my class and my lecturer collected our finalised details for our graduation. All that's left is to collect our robes and graduate in two weeks time.

 

Class was dismissed for the last time and my friend was so excited for the party our class organised for tonight.

 

"Areum ah, have you picked out a dress for tonight?" She asked.

 

"Nae, the white asymmetrical one."

 

"Oh I chose the black mini dress, we'll have so much fun!"

 

I smiled, her enthusiasm was getting to me.

 

"Areum ah you're so distracted, don't tell me you're still thinking about the guy at the fountain?"

 

I shrugged, "I feel like I know him."

 

"But do you?"

 

I elbowed her, "Hajima lets focus on the party."

 

"That's more like it!"

 

We went back home and I got ready for the night. I wore a simple white sleeveless dress with the skirt till above my knees.

 

I grabbed my white pumps and my door bell rang. I looked in the mirror and fluffed my wavy hair a little, lets have some fun tonight.

 

My mum called up to me, "Areum ah, Bora is here!"

 

I took my white purse and threw my things in, "Nae!"

 

I skipped downstairs and my mum gasped, "Aigoo neomu areumdaun."

 

I gave her a little curtsy, "Kamsahamida umma."

 

"Chamkaman, let me take a photo," she took her phone out and I posed for her.

 

"One two three! Aigoo your father would be so disappointed to have missed this."

 

I laughed and hugged my mum, "He'll see later when I'm back."

 

I left and my friend was leaning against her car, waiting for me.

 

"Omo Bora you're so pretty!" She smiled and hugged me, "You're as beautiful as your name!"

 

We drove down to our classmate's mansion and it was so beautifully decorated. It looked like a castle and there was even a red carpet.

 

"Wah Areum ah, this is the first time I've seen a house that's more beautiful than yours." I stared in wonder and nodded, "Yeah me too."

 

My house was huge with a classic gate surrounding it, Bora could come in anytime because we've been friends for almost three years. Her house was only slightly smaller than mine and looked more modern.

 

We alighted and a valet took Bora's car to park behind the mansion. We held hands and smiled at one another, it was beautiful, walking up the steps to the huge hall. Our classmates were chatting amongst one another until they saw us.

 

"Areum! Bora! Come here! We were talking about when we were Juniors and quarreled over seats in class and in the cafeteria..."

 

Bora and I laughed and joined in the conversation.

 

I whispered to Bora, "I'll get some drinks, want any?"

 

"Ani kwenchana go ahead."

 

I went to the banquet hall and looked at the spread on the banquet table. I took a glass of wine and walked down the table, literally spoiled for choice.

 

"Try the prawn salad, it's quite nice."

 

"Oh komawo-" I looked up at the guy who spoke to me and froze, it was him. The guy from the fountain.

 

He stared back at me, he definitely remembered me from there.

 

"I-I'm sorry, I know you from somewhere right?"

 

He nodded slightly, "Nae. The fountain."

 

My brain was working hard to register who he was, but only my accident flashed in my mind.

 

I lost my balance for a moment and he held me steady, "Careful there."

 

My skin tingled where he touched me and I was so lost in his eyes I didn't realise how awfully handsome he was. His sharp white tuxedo, his beautiful face and deep eyes.

 

I needed his name. "May I know your na-"

 

"Areum ah! Lets go to the- Oh who is this?"

 

Bora approached me and bowed slightly to the guy, "You know him?"

 

I continued gazing at him and nodded slightly, "Yeah we met once before-"

 

"Daehyun ah iliwa! The live band is here!" Some guy, I recognised as YoungJae from my class, the organizer for today's party, hooked his arm around his neck and pulled him upstairs to the event hall.

 

The guy looked back at me as he left and I continued looking at him as he was dragged away.

 

"Areum ah, neol kwenchana?" I snapped back to my best friend and shook my head, still confused.

 

"Yah, lets go watch the band's performance."