CHAPTER 2 - WHO ARE YOU

Toss Of A Coin

The band started with an upbeat song and Bora was jumping and dancing to the beat. I would have joined her if I wasn't so distracted looking around for the guy.

 

My eyes darted around looking for Daehyun.

 

His name a chord in me. It was so familiar.

 

"Areum ah!" Bora held on to me, "Yah neol kwenchana?"

 

I shook my head, "Bora I'll be back in a while, I need to find something."

 

She was about to stop me but HimChan, our senior that Bora had a huge crush on, appeared in front of her and asked her for a dance.

 

She beemed and I gave her my best smile before going to find Daehyun. I looked around the room but he was nowhere to be found.

 

My eyes landed on YoungJae and I went over to him. "YoungJae shi."

 

He turned to me and stopped jumping to the music, "Oh Areum, want to dance?"

 

I shook my head, "Ani where is Daehyun?"

 

"Aish all you girls only want Daehyun, am I that bad?" He pouted and I laughed lightly.

 

"Ani I need to ask him something."

 

He grumbled, "Fine. He told me he needed some air, but how do you know him?"

 

I bowed, "I don't- Um, I'll explain another time. Komawo."

 

I squeezed myself out of the packed event hall and made my way outside to the garden. It was dark and quiet with beautiful white fairy lights decked around to light up the garden.

 

I looked around and my eyes landed on the figure standing near the water fountain in the middle of the outdoor space.

 

It was him.

 

I walked over quietly, my heels click clacking on the stepping stones as I made my way over to him.

 

I stood next to him and he glanced at me, "It's you."

 

I took a deep breath, his voice was so familiar.

 

"Naega, I heard from YoungJae that your name is Daehyun."

 

He nodded, "And I heard from your friend that your name is Areum."

 

I faced him, "Daehyun shi, do I know you from somewhere?"

 

He faced me squarely, "Areum shi, I seem to know you from somewhere."

 

I shook my head, "Not just from the fountain."

 

He nodded, "It's not just from the fountain."

 

We heard the crowd from the event hall cheering and the song changed.

 

We were gazing into one another's eyes and I couldn't help but ask, "Who are you?"

 

"Areum ah-"

 

A sudden flashback from my accident flashed in my mind and I saw Daehyun's face, right next to mine just before the impact came, "Areum ah-"

 

I closed my eyes and kneeled on the floor, my head pounding. Daehyun was pressing his temples, leaning against the fountain seats.

 

"Areum ah!"

 

"Daehyunie!"

 

Bora ran towards me while YoungJae went for Daehyun.

 

"Areum neol waegeulae? Kwenchana?" Bora hugged on to me and helped me inside while YoungJae supported Daehyun.

 

I opened my eyes and tried to stay conscious, watching Daehyun as he tried to stand straight.

 

Until everything went black and I fainted.