CHAPTER 10 - ACCIDENT?

Toss Of A Coin

We took a taxi down to the police station and went in.

"Excuse me, we're looking for YoungJae," Daehyun rapped.

I almost laughed out loud, he spoke so fast.

"Mr Yoo? He is in the back with our officer, is he expecting you two?"

"Ajusshi, I'll take it from here. They're my friends," YoungJae stepped out from the back office and quickly brought us in.

"Where are the records?" Daehyun was so urgent about it I raised an eyebrow.

"It's not just records, they even have footage of it. I dug through the discarded tapes since this morning okay? You gotta thank me for all this."

I giggled, "Nae komawo YoungJae shi."

He showed us a brown file, with a red confidential mark stamped across it. I took the file and flipped it open, it was the accident.

Photos of the wreckage. My white car was literally crushed. I recognised it. It was up against a metal barrier. Glass was scattered around.

"It was a miracle you even made it out alive."

Daehyun looked at YoungJae with a little eye smile, "Yeah or I wouldn't have known you."

YoungJae took a deep breath and turned to leave, "The footage is on there, just click on it, I need a breather."

He left the room, leaving Daehyun and I inside. 

Images were sifting through my mind. My car, Daehyun was driving my car, we were going somewhere.

The adrenaline pumping in my veins was intense, something was wrong. We were being chased before we made impact, that much I could remember.

“Areum ah, you’re shaking. Are you okay?” Daehyun whispered and touched my hand.

I flinched badly and dropped all the contents of the file on the ground, I blinked back tears and stared at him before kneeling down to pick the papers up, “M-Mianhe. I’m just confused.”

He crouched down and took my hands, “Goodness Areum you’re breaking out in cold sweat. What exactly did you see in the file?”

I pushed off and away from him, randomly grabbing the papers up, “It’s nothing, I’m just tired.”

He approached me slowly but I put my hands out in front of me, why was he driving my car? Why were we being chased? Why were we running? Did Daehyun kidnap me?

“Stop right there, don’t move. I’m just going to leave, I’ll call you again,” I stood up in a wobbly manner and he caught me just before I fell.

I screamed and pushed him, making him hit the computer, the video of the accident started running.

We looked up at the monitors, the patched up security footage played the scene. My car flying down the road as we were chased, then a huge truck charged down from the opposite side of the road towards us, making us swerve harshly into a metal barrier.

Shattered glass flew and the vehicle behind us drifted to a stop, the truck in front of us skidded and stopped too.

People in black suits came down, guns firing off at one another as they approached my car.

One group hauled my battered body away while the other group took Daehyun.

What the hell was going on?

“Areum ah.”

I gulped, unsure what just happened, “Nae.”
 

“I think my parents wanted to kill you.”