|| 3: big brother brigade

✧༝ Necalli ༝✧ Sunlight's Co-ed group! REVAMPING TO NEW THREAD
 

   big brother brigade

"Again!"

"That's not good!"

"Keep going!"

"Come on guys, you still don't have the dance down and we got to film the music video in three days!"

Hayley Kwon was working overtime every single day for a while now. Necalli seriously needed to finally get the dance down, because it was about time. They had been working day and night, the youngest ones skipping school, the older ones barely having any sleep, as they kept trying to memorise the dance. They had made lots of progress, but Hyuk and Hayley clearly didn't want to make it easy. A few people already had memorised the dance fully, but they kept working together with the others until everyone learned it. The dancers, Daehwan, Megumi, Kojin and Jiae, along with Siri, had memorised the dance fully a few days ago, but the other five were still struggling. One member was especially behind on the others, while he was obviously exhausted. Arthit Varodom.

"You know that you're the weak point when it comes to dancing, don't you, Arthit?" Hayley approached him, speaking with a strong voice. The boy looked down for a moment, gulping nervously before speaking up. "Yes, I know I am, and it frustrates the hell out of me."

"No cursing!" Minhyeon randomly blurted from the other side of the room.

Hayley shook her head, letting out a defeated sigh, "Then why aren't you trying harder?"

"Miss-" Siri tried to interfere, but the response she got was a hand from the dance teacher, telling her to shut up. "Answer me, Arthit."

"I will work harder and master the dance..." the boy muttered with a tired voice.

"Miss Hayley Kwon, may I have a word now?" Siri spoke up again, stepping in between the two of them, her face maybe a bit too close to Hayley, who backed away subtly.

"You don't know how hard he has been working, miss, how hard we've all been working. Our Arthit here has only slept for 4 hours in the past 3 days. He is absolutely exhausted. We have been taking turns teaching him the dance and the others as well when you or Hyuk aren't here. He has been working his damn off, so don't just tell him to work harder. He can't go even harder, or we'll debut with nine members, miss. Please take that in consideration. Rant over, I'm going to get some vitamin water for our Arthit..."

After Siri's calm but stingy rant, she left the room in a flash, leaving a flustered Necalli and Hayley behind. How she went for the counterattack for her thai buddy was crazy, and no one had expected it from the usually calm and quiet Siri.

"Is she speaking the truth?" Hayley looked around the room, every single member nodded in unison. They were all obviously exhausted, and their mv filming and debut had yet to come. It was obvious that they had been working way too hard.

"Okay, I guess I'm wrong here. My apologies, Arthit," the dance teacher said with her usual cool voice, and Arthit bowed in response, mumbling a quick "it's okay." He would usually get mad, but there was no reason to get mad at Hayley. He wasn't doing as well as the others, and Arthit knew that he had to work really hard, but the exhaustion was really strong.

"My dance class is over. I'll see you tomorrow. Good luck and keep working hard. I know, it must be hard for you guys to keep up, but this is the idol life, you all dreamt of this. It's only the beginning." Hayley left the room, but almost collided into Siri who was carrying a bag with vitamin water bottles stolen from the cafetaria.

Arthit immediately plopped down on a chair, panting heavily as he finally let the exhaustion fully show. "God damn, why can't I just do it? You guys are all way better than me-"

Siri opened a bottle of vitamin water and handed it to him, as she started to chat with him in thai. "Are you okay, Art?" the older ruffled his hair gently, looking at him with a frown.

"I'm fine... I'm just frustrated that I can't get the dance down..." Arthit replied as the two thai members entered their own bubble of private talk which no one else could understand. The other members resumed practice, as Daehwan and Megumi took over the teaching position. Megumi was scolding Kaz for ing up, while Daehwan was teaching Francesca the only move she couldn't get down yet.

"I know you can do it, Art, you have the majority down, you'll get there. Just don't overexhaust yourself." Arthit shook his head immediately before replying, "No, Siri, I have to be perfect at the dance, otherwise I won't be statisfied. I can't just memorise it, I have to perfect it."

Siri sighed before getting up and patting Arthit's head. "You stubborn little prick. Come on, let's join the others. We still have lots of work to do when you want to perfect it."

Siri and Arthit resumed the seemingly endless practice with the others. They did the dance for a few more times. Kaz and Minhyeon finally did it without mistakes, but the others still didn't complete it. Daehwan decided they should take a little break to recharge a bit of their power.

They were all silent, rehydrating themselves, when Francesca suddenly burst into tears.

The room was in complete chaos. All the members were panicking, their youngest baby was bawling her eyes out, they couldn't let that happen. Minhyeon immediately rushed over to the youngest, pulling her into a tight hug before even knowing why she was crying. The rest of the members crowded around the two ladies as they all tried to comfort the maknae in their own way.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" Minhyeon frowned as she cupped Cesca's cheeks to make the little one look at her. "I'm worried, unnie, really worried-" Francesca choked on her tears as she tried to explain. Her hand moved up towards her lips, but Jinhee took both of the young one's hands in her own. She knew that if she didn't do that, the maknae would start biting her nails again, which she would get scolded for.

"What are you worried for? You're doing perfectly fine!" Minhyeon tried to cheer the other up, smiling gently.

"No! I've been stuck with only one move left to learn for three days now! I can't do it!" Francesca hiccuped as she burst into tears again as a wave of panick goes through the members again. When the youngest one was sad, everyone was sad.

"I'm sure you'll be able to do it, you've improved so much already," Jiae comforted her by patting her head gently. "Yeah! It's only a matter of time before you master it!" Megumi added, nodding furiously. "It's okay, Seolbing. You'll be fine," Kazuki opened his mouth for once, but there wasn't much emotion found in his voice. But at least he said some good today.

While all the members did their best comforting the maknae and taking care of her, Lim Cheonsu was standing in the doorway. He had come to take a look at the group and how they were doing, but instead of a group that's working hard, he found a mess of a group, trying to do their best to stay together. The CEO sighed before clearing his throat. 10 heads perked up, looking at him like meerkats huddled together.

"Hayley told me that you are all exhausted... I think that instead of more practice, you guys will definitely improve by letting it go for a bit, take a good rest and recharge energy." The CEO calmly spoke, his glance going from one member to another. Valentina strutted into the room and made her way in the middle of the members huddled together, and made herself comfy on Francesca's lap.

"So... Are we done for today, sir?" Kojin hestitantly asked.

"No, keep going for a bit more, but I'll give you a day off tomorrow. I did not consult with anyone for this, but I think that it's the best choice, and I'm still boss after all," Cheonsu chuckled triumphantly before turning around and leaving. "Good luck, kids."

The group was left behind, the words he said still not getting to them. "Wait..." Jinhee muttered, "Are we really getting a day off?"

As the group continued practicing, Cheonsu went to his office while making a call. "Hello? This is Lim Cheonsu speaking. We are in need of the big brother brigade."

THE NEXT DAY

Necalli did indeed get their well-deserved day off. Arthit, Megumi and Kojin were still sleeping, even though it was the afternoon already. Minhyeon went out to do some groceries, Daehwan was helping out at the company. Kazuki, Jinhee and Jiae went to the gym to get a refreshing work-out together. Siri and Francesca were at the company building. They didn't want to disturb the sleeping babies at the dorm, and Francesca really wanted to hear some of Siri's ukulele. Valentina was once again on Francesca's lap, purring gently, statisfied with the pets she was getting.

She was playing a Block B song for the maknae in the small practice room when the door opened. "Francesca?" Byungho was standing in the door opening. "Yes, Byungho?" the girl looked at the staff member with curious eyes, wondering why she got called on a day off. "Someone's here for you... I don't know what Cheonsu did but... He called it the big brother brigade-" Both Cesca and Siri's eyes grew wider as the youngest stood up.

"B-big brother... Brigade?" the girl muttered. Her brothers were very busy men, she didn't see them in what seemed like ages. Byungho stepped aside to reveal a man standing behind him. francesca squealed loudly, so loud that the company cat rushed out of the room past the legs of the man that had made Necalli's maknae react so heavily.

"Oppa!" Francesca squeaked again as she ran into the man's arms. He hugged her tightly. Siri stood up and strutted her way to Byungho. "Excuse me, but who is that man? Why is he holding our child so tightly?"

"I-I don't know..." Byungho muttered and ducked away cause Siri was immediately shooting him a strong glare. "Don't worry, miss," the unknown man was resting his chin on Francesca's head, smiling at Siri. "The name's Woo Taewoon."

Siri gasped at his introduction before bowing. "I'm really sorry, sir... I didn't know you were Seolbing's brother-" The man smiled again, "It's fine! Don't worry. I got contacted by your CEO, my little baby here apparently wasn't doing that well, so I came to make her feel better, right? Seol?" The big bro cupped Francesca's cheeks in the exact same way as Minhyeon did the day before. Francesca nodded happily before smiling the brightest smile Siri had ever seen from her. "Thank you so much, oppa!" she grinned.

"Do you want to get some ice cream with me to celebrate your debut, little one?" Taewoon chuckled, ruffling Francesca's hair, who was nodding excitedly. The two immediately head out while chatting. "Did the boys do anything to you yet? You're not being hurt by them, right..?"

Siri and Byungho were left behind, both having a gentle smile on their faces. "I guess my ukulele is not needed anymore," Siri grinned gently and wanted to head out as well, but Byungho pulled her sleeve gently.

"Do you maybe want... to play for me instead? I love the ukulele..."

After the day off, Francesca got the move down in no time, and all of them were able to perfect the dance in one day. A fresh start and a good rest can do wonders.

 

author's note.  Heyyy sorry for the long delay of updates, but I've had exams, holiday and Adora's deadline so I've been quite busy. I hope you liked this chapter though! Soon they will be able to debut, but I released the color coded lyrics already. Also if they speak in italics, that means they aren't speaking korean.