Chapter 8

SO INTO YOU

[AMBER’S POV]

 

The morning sunlight has just passed by my window and hit my body reason for me to immediately wake up from deep sleep. As I turn my body, I was surprised when I saw someone sleeping beside me. And I just realized it was Sulli. I hadn’t seen this gorgeous one since yesterday. I gently moved near to her and brush some strands of her hair. She is still that Sulli I’ve love before. That Sulli I adore every morning I wake up and every night I’m off to bed. Her eyes, nose cheeks and lips are those which I still couldn’t resist.

 

BUT these past few days or should I say months, something seems changing.

 

“Baby…” she whispered as her eyes were half opened. She moved closer to me and wrapped her arms around my waist. She continues from sleeping while resting her head on my chest.

 

“Good morning baby… how was your sleep?” I mumbled as I continuously brushed her hair.

 

“It was beautiful…” She answered with a drowsy voice. The very aloof atmosphere overshadowed our room. Even her arms wrapped on my waist and her head seems peacefully resting on my chest, it feels different now. There isn’t a spark anymore. I don’t understand what’s going now. Seems we’re getting so cold to each other.

 

“Sul…”

 

“Uhmmm…”

 

“Do you miss me?”

 

“Amber… do I really need to answer that?” She mouthed with still that drowsy voice.

                                             

“Do you still love me Sulli?” She suddenly got up her body from lying and starred on me.

 

“Are you okay? What’s the problem baby? You already know the answers to your questions Amber; I’ve answered that several times.”

 

“Sul—“she kissed me on my lips without warning. It was a passionate kissed but not too passionate like everytime we kiss before. When she finally released her lips to mine, she caressed my cheeks.

 

“Amber, what I don’t want you to feel is I didn’t love you. The moment that I have chosen to love you, I won’t get tired of loving you. Losing you would be the greatest tragic that might happen in my life.”

 

Her words stopped me from saying anything. She leans towards me and kissed me again.

 

“I’ll just take a shower.” She coldly smile on me and stood up and she finally headed to the bathroom.

 

After following a sight on her, I took a deep breath and rested my head while leaning on the wall. I lost for words for a while. She didn’t even answered “I miss you too” nor “I love you too” instead she just let me knew that she still love me. And even though she kissed me twice, I am still not satisfied. There are those particular answers I just wanted to hear from her but I didn’t. 

 

“Ching-a-ling! Ching-a-ling!” The maximum volume of Sulli’s ringtone suddenly got me back to reality.

 

“Ugh. Sulli-yah! Someone is calling you!” I yelled from the top of my lungs. I was about to stood up and gave her the phone inside the bathroom but it is currently plugged and charging. The phone just couldn’t stop from ringing. I sneak to have a glimpse on her phone’s screen to check whose calling. My eyes were suddenly widened when I saw the name that registers the call; it was from Taemin. I know they were best friends but I wonder what he needs from Sulli early in this morning. Since he’s not giving up on calling from the other line, I just decided to answer it.

 

Before I could say a word, the other line suddenly mouthed. “Good morning Aegi! How was your sleep? See you later. I love you Sul!”

 

 

 

 

MY TIME SUDDENLY STOPPED.

 

 

 

 

Those words that Taemin dropped from the other line had just made my world shattered. It still echoes on my head like it is tearing me into pieces. It feels like I wanted to shout but I controlled myself. I wanted to cry out loud but I tried to stop my tears from falling. My chest had just wanted to burst out but I took hard breathe to release it. I could still hear the voice from the other line as it fades while holding away on my ears. Everything was finally became cleared to me. Why she’s not always around when Krystal and I got home. Why she always got home late at night. Why she’s so cold to me these days and always urgently wanted to leave after we have lunch at school. Why she’s not hanging around with Luna or with Krystal anymore. Why when she kissed doesn’t even give me giggles anymore.

 

And, why she couldn’t even say I LOVE YOU back on me.

 

It hurts me truly madly deeply and my tears couldn’t help anymore but to finally fell down.

 

Why Sulli? Why do you need to do this to me? I have given you my all, my life. I have loved you more than myself. You promise to love me forever and fight for this love until were the only people in this world. But what happened now? I couldn’t believe you’ll have the guts to do this. I don’t even want to believe but this is reality. You should have told me earlier so I can set you free. Why do we have to end up with this? Why Sulli?

 

 

 

“Ambe—“

 

I heard Sulli’s voice nearby. I looked at her and my chest suddenly blew up and cried harder.

 

 

 

[KRYSTAL’S POV]

 

I slept over at Taemin’s apartment last night. Supposed to be we were with Sulli but she had to go home immediately before Amber could wake up. I invited him to have some lunch at our place since it’s weekend.

 

When I opened the door and we went inside, the house seems so quiet. Like there wasn’t anybody home.

 

“Where is Sulli?” Taemin eagerly asked as she looked around to his former house.

 

“I don’t know. I haven’t talked to her since this morning. I thought you called her?”

 

“Yeah. She answered it but she didn’t even talkonce. So I guess she just accidentally hit the answer button of her phone while sleeping.”

 

“Oh I see…” I bit my lips and quickly checked my watch. “Oh yeah, it’s still 8am and yet, it’s too early for Sulli to wake up. Come on let’s go upstairs.” I initiated and Taemin followed me from behind.

 

Not too far away from Sulli and Amber’s room, I overheard someone arguing.

 

“Why? You shouldn’t have hurt me this way. After all we’ve been through; you just gave up on us easily.”

 

“I’m really sorry Amber! I don’t want to hurt you the reason I didn’t tell you. I’m afraid to loose you Amber.”

 

“You were afraid to loose me? But you just betrayed me. What do you expect me to do? Accept the both of you. Accept my girlfriend even she’s in love and flirting with a guy? Then what about me Sulli? You’re so damn selfish. You were just thinking about yourself. You never cared about me. You never cared about my feelings Sulli.”

 

“Sorry Amber… please does forgive me.”

 

I heard Sulli’s cry hard as she begged for Amber’s forgiveness.

 

The day I am being afraid of has just come. We knew it. Amber finally found out about Sulli and Taemin’s relationship. They were my best friends but I shouldn’t have allowed them at the first place without any knowledge of Amber. I was wrong. I should have protected them instead. If only I disagreed to them when they decided to date again secretly, this wouldn’t became worse like this.

                                               

“Krys! I need to go inside. I need to protect Sulli!” Taemin insisted as he was about to open the door but I pushed him away.

 

“Are you crazy? And now you have the guts to show your face to Amber when you just let this happen.”

 

“But I just couldn’t let Amber tell those chastening words to Sulli!”

 

“Taemin!”I whisper irritated. I grabbed his arms. “Let them be. Sulli needs it anyway. It’s an argue between the couple. We shall not interrupt ever.”

 

“Are you serious? Hey Krystal is my girlfriend too. And she is your best friend. You will jut let her being treated like that?”

 

“That’s exactly the point. Sulli is my best friend and do you know much I felt guilty now that I wasn’t able to protect the both of you? I really shouldn’t have let this happened.”

 

“So you were regretting that you helped us to be together again? You were regretting that we became happy again? You were regretting that we just came back from what we were before? I don’t know if you are still that Krystal I’ve known since I was little. I couldn’t recognize you anymore Krys…”

 

“Ugh…What are you--”

 

“--if you still want us to stay from what we used to be, you’ll not stop me from doing this.” He abruptly opened the door and forcedly entered in Sulli and Amber’s room. I wasn’t able to do anything to stophim. He threatened me. That was the worst threat I’ve ever received. I was really a weak chick when it comes to my friends. And now, all I can do is to follow Taemin inside and let protect each one of them when worst comes to worst.

 

=====================

 

I went inside the room. Amber and Sulli almost jumped off because surprise when they saw us.

 

“Tae… taemin-ssi?” Sulli mumbled with her sobbing voice. “Wha… what are you doing here?”

 

“Ah yeah… he really has the braveries to show his face in front of me huh?” Amber smirked sarcastically. “Anyway, there’s no way to compete with him right? He’s good looking and most specially, he’s a straight guy. Of course you would still replace me to someone who could be able to give you a married life someday. And you know what, because of this, I wonder if you really did love me Sulli or everything was also a lie.”

 

Those words of Amber crushed me into pieces. Though it is meant for Sulli, she’s my best friend. The most hurtful thing is to see my best friend being hurt and received those heart breaking blames. I actually wanted to stop Amber and pull Sulli outside this room so I can hug and comfort her but my other half is telling me not to interrupt at all.

 

“Stop it Amber! You’re saying too much to Sulli and it hurts her!” Taemin interfered.

 

“Taemin-ssi…” I grabbed Taemin’s arms trying to stop him.

 

“Who among here have done too much? Don’t you remember it? You were the ones who betrayed me. Besides, the floor you are stepping in is mine so I can say whatever I want.”Amber hardly insisted.“Iguess it’s time for me to leave or awhile. When I go back, I don’t want to see any marks o your shadows. Pack your things and don’t forget to leave this house’s keys.”

 

“Amber…” Sulli grabbed Amber’s hands trying to please her but she was just hurt that much and continued leaving the room. Dropping those surprisingwords, Sulli cried even harder and almost fell down on the floor. Taemin quickly grasped her and I followed.

 

“Huhuhuhuh. Ambeeeeer don’t leave me!!!!!!!” Sulli couldn’t stop from crying. Amber was wrong. I know how much Sulli has loved her. I know how much Sulli are scared of loosing her. I shall have let Amber know these. I must do this for Sulli.

 

I got up from holding Sulli and quickly went outside the house. I looked for Amber around. Not too far from the house, I saw her sitting on the bench at the nearby park. She was quietly crying. I slowly sat beside her but she just noticed me.

 

“What are you doing here? If you are going to convince me not to send Sulli away anymore, you’re just wasting your time. Ijust decided. Better go back and help her pack her things…” She insisted as she kept on sobbing.

 

“Ever since we were young, Sulli’s parents were the busiestand workaholic parents I’ve known. They almost slept together on their office without even visiting Sulli for at least 4 months, sometimes 6 months and the worst of all; they both went back here at Korea for almost 5 years. The only people with her were my whole family. Sulli grew up without having her own parents’ guidance and care. We gave her the best attention that we could give. When she woke up every morning, we make sure she would have the best breakfast that would give her energy for the whole day and before she sleeps at night, we make sure she would have the best dream that would make her whole night wonderful. But even we full fill her parent’s entire deficiencies; the attention that only the parents can give fortheir children is the most important one. Sulli wasn’t able to have one ever. Even they went back here to Korea for good, she decided not to leave with her parents since she’s not close to them though.”

 

“Why are you telling me all of these?”

 

“When Sulli fell for Taemin that was the first time I saw that different spark that enlightened her face. Taemin gave her attention more than what my family have given her. She was happy. Always happy. Almost everyday happy. When they were together, I didn’t see Sulli lost her smile. I guess Taemin was the best gift that she ever received in her life. Until her parents interfered again and brought back the frowns on Sulli’s face. They forced Sulli to stay here for good. I always called her and never end my day without getting attached on Sulli and there was that one time when she even wanted to end her life. I wasn’t able to stop her from anguishing until that one person came to her life. That person gave my best friend’s second life. That person didn’t give up from showing the new world to Sulli. That person didn’t just brought back the Sulli I’ve known since we were children but even helped her to become a better person like what she is know, and that person is you Amber. You have become her parent when her parents still couldn’t give the love she needed from them, you have became her best friend when I wasn’t there to comfort her on times of her grieves. You have become her girlfriend when she needed someone to love her and fight for her until the end.You were Sulli’s everything Amber. You were my best friend’s life. Don’t take her ‘life’ away…”

She was still quiet. She’s looking on the other side and sobbing.

 

“Amber…” I mumbled trying to call her attention.

 

“Be honest to me to me Krys, you entirely knew that Sulli was betraying me. Right?” I bit my lip after hearing her question. I am guilty. Way too much guilty to answer it. But she needs to know the truth.

 

“Ugh. Yeah…” I whispered hesitantly. “I was really against it at first but it seemed that first love never really dies. I saw those Sulli’s precious smiles when she and Taemin started to secretly dating again. And Amber, when you have your very best friend, all you want to give her is happiness. You would always wanted her to see being with people who makes her smile always. Same feeling I had when she introduced you to me. I am against you at that time Amber. I never thought Sulli would choose to love someone like you but the happiness on her eyes weakened me as she proudly informed me that she’s your girlfriend. You can’t blame me from letting them date behind your back. But believe it or not, I really feel sorry for you. I wouldn’t ask you to forgive me, but all I could ask for you is to forgive Sulli. I want her to be happy again.”

 

 

 

 

I slowly stood up and left Amber alone. I guess I have done my part. I’m still hoping that she will forgive Sulli. For my whole life, I’ve always wanted nothing but for Sulli’s happiness. Her forever happiness.

 

============================================

A/N: To my dear subscribers, sorry again for my very long hiatus. It's been too long since I've last updated this fanfic. I hope you're all still there to read this KryBer fic. I promise to update this now regularly. What do you think about this chapter? I'll post the next chapter tomorrow~ Promise :> Sorry again and I love you all ~