Chapter 7

SO INTO YOU

 

[KRYSTAL’S POV]

 

It was just my first month of attending school it seems to be very tiring already. After my class dismissed, Sulli and I decided to have a drink of tea and coffee outside the school before going home leaving Amber who is still on her basketball practice.

 

“So how was your first day in school?” Sulli asked as she sipped her milk tea. “Did Amber take good care of you?”

 

“Yaaaah… I have grown enough. I know how to do things on my own. No need to bother her just to look after me. Arachi?”

 

“I know. I mean, it’s your first day and I don’t want you to get lost of everything. Well at least someone can guide you from school stuffs since you’re classmates.” She still insisted but anyway she is my best friend slash cousin. I know she just wanted to take good care of me.

 

“Alright! You won.” I insisted. “How did Amber and you meet?”

 

“Eh?” She suddenly stopped from sipping her milk tea when she heard my question. “Sorry, what is it again?”

 

“I am asking you if how did Amber and you met? When and where was it?” Finally, I was able to ask her this. Ever since the first day I arrive here, I have wanted to ask her about her relationship with Amber.

 

“Ahhh… wait…” She wiped with table napkin before continuing. “Luna introduced her to me. They were already classmates at junior high when I transferred here. I remembered it was after her game for the varsity week, I was still in a misery that time because of Taemin then Amber herself invited me to have dinner with her even we had just met for the first time. I keep on refusing her but unfortunately she forced me to come with her. And after years of despair, she was the first one to bring back my smile. The smile I myself missed as well. She saved me from the moment I didn’t believe in love anymore. You know what Krys; never did I think twice to choose her even she’s a girl like me. It seems unusual to most of the people’s eyes but she showed me that love you feel for each other is what matters most. So no one can ever blame for loving her.”

 

“--then why did you lie to her?” I shouldn’t have asked her this but I had to. I know what happened. Taemin was crying last time and told me everything. They met that day for what Amber entirely knows, Sulli was with Luna.

For almost 5 years of their relationship, I’ve been their witness. Sul and Tae were very deeply in love with each other; even promised to get married after we finished studying. They were always happy when together like they have their own world. BUT everything was ruined when Sulli’s family decided to moved back here. The strongest relationship I had ever thought they have was actually the weakest. They were both afraid to fight for their love. And that fright was just simply the reason for the devastation of everything they had. If only they have stayed stronger, probably they still have each other until now.

 

BUT I know Sulli very much. Even how many times she tells me that the only person she is deeply in love right now is Amber, I know, I JUST KNOW in my heart that she still has feelings for Taemin. It isn’t that huge like before but it still occupies an enough space in her heart.

 

“You knew about it?” She mumbled with a worried face. “How…”
 

“I’m your best friend Choi Jinri-ssi. You can’t hide everything from me. I know you more than your parents know you.”  She stopped for a while and closed her eyes. She bit her lips with still that worrying look dominates her face.  

 

“—I’m sorry Krystal… I’m just afraid that Amber would hate me after all. I don’t want her to feel any doubt on our relationship.”

 

“But you just gave her doubts Sul! Does she know about you and Taemin?” I mouthed as I hold to her hand.

 

“Yes. But I have never mentioned her Taemin’s name. What she entirely knows is I had an ex-boyfriend who dumped me and hurt me.”

 

“Really? Sulli, you should have told her everything. I mean the whole truth”

 

“But I can’t Krys! I need to protect Taem—I need to protect Taemin from her. If ever she finds out that Taemin was that ex-boyfriend I am telling her, it will be a big problem.”

 

“So you still care about Taemin? Why? Because you still love him right? You never forget about him Sulli. Am I right?”

 

“Krys…”

 

“Tell me Sulli. You can tell me everything honestly. I’m the only person whom you trust the most right? So please Sulli. I know there’s something bothering you for years, and it bothers you more when you saw Taemin at the airport with us last time.”

 

She took a deep breathe. Her head is bowing down trying to hide her face to me. But I can see clearly that her tears have just started to fell down.

 

“Yes.” She muttered with the cracking voice then she finally showed her face to me. She is already crying hard. “I still love her Krys! I still love Taemin. When I saw him at the airport, when we met and talked, when I see him in our house everyday, when we eat together, I just realized that the feelings I had for him ever since didn’t even changed at all.” She sobbed.

 

“Soojung-ah! Please don’t tell anyone. Even to Taemin and most especially to Amber. I know that you and Amber is getting closer now since you were classmates too, don’t ever tell her. I still love Taemin but I also love Amber. I don’t want to loose her. She’s very precious to me.” She seriously pleaded me. I know how hard this is for my best friend’s part and I couldn’t do anything but to stay on her side.

 

I embraced her tight. I won’t stop her from crying because it’s the only way she can release everything that gives her depression all this time.

 

==================================

 

[LUNA’S POV]

 

 

“Sunyoung-ah!” I heard some familiar voice called my name from nearby. I turned around and yeah, the voice was definitely familiar ‘because the one owns it is none other than the MVP of our woman’s basketball team of this school.

 

“Hey! Amber! What’s up?” I yelled as she finally reached and stood in front of me. Trying to catch her breathe.

 

“Have you seen Krystal… and Sulli?” Did I hear it right? She first mentioned Krystal from Sulli. Before she used to ask no one from me but only Sulli-ssi and now, it seems she is more eager to see her classmate than her girlfriend. I can smell something which is not actually right.

 

“Uhm… Didn’t Sulli tell you where they are?” I mouthed.

 

“I can contact neither Sulli nor Krys. They aren’t answering their phones.” Amber, I’m just asking for Sulli. Why it has always needed to intrude Krystal? Seems that someone needs to have talked with what I called my little brother huh.

 

“Uhm, be… becau… because she is… always with Krystal. Yeah! That’s right. I’ve noticed that they were always together these days. And it seems that Sulli doesn’t have time for her girlfriend anymore. The truth is, I’m getting jealous.” She self pitied. So that’s was the reason why she always mentions about Krystal. Poor Amber. I didn’t know she already has that feeling yet I judged her for something which is actually true.

 

“Yaaah! Amber, don’t be jealous. You know that Sulli and Krys have just met again after longing for each other for couple of years. Just give them at least small time to have some cousin bonding.” I murmured as I tapped Amber’s shoulders. “Come on! I have something to tell you.”

 

“Huh? What is it?”

 

“Uhm... I saw Sulli and Krystal awhile ago before they left the school and Sul told me that they will just have their dinner on a dukboggi restaurant nearby. Go ahead and look for them.”

 

“Thank you so much Luna-ssi!” She scratched my head as a glow enlightens her face then she quickly ran away.

 

==================================

 

[AMBER’S POV]

 

 

Actually, I myself don’t understand what is going on.

 

Why am I so eager to see Krystal these past few days? I mean, I always get excited every time I’ll see her. There is that different feeling when I am always with her. Ugh. I shall not have feels this. This seems so wrong.

 

 

 

Very wrong.

 

================

 

Just from behind, I knew that it is Krystal who is sitting on that table. I quickly walk ahead towards her.

 

“Krys!”

 

“Ugh. Amber! What are you doing here?” Crap! Here it goes again. Her face just gives me that giggling from inside. I can’t help but to stare on her.

 

“I am actually looking for Sulli. I thought you were together? Where is she?”

 

“Uhm… she went to grocery by herself. She’ll buy some food stocks for our house.” I wanted to sit on the table with her but my sense warns me not do it.

 

“Why did you let her go alone?”

 

“Ha-ha-ha. Actually she left me alone. She doesn’t want to have some chaperone. Besides, she will be fast and go home directly after she finishes shopping.”

 

“Oh really… I see…” I don’t know what to say next. I have no idea if I’ll leave or I’ll stay and have a talk with her or ask her to go home with me. Ugh! What’s actually happening to me?

 

“Oh… by the way, are you going home? Can we both go together?”

 

“Of course!” I answered without hesitation. I don’t know what is special in going home with her but since my girlfriend is not around, I would love to go home with Krystal.

 

“Come on!” She stood up and grabbed her things. “Wait… have you eaten your dinner? Do you want to buy first and just take it out?”

 

“No… I’m fine. I’ll just have it when we get home. And Sulli will probably buy one for me.”

 

“Uhm… but you just came from basketball practice right? So you’re probably starving. Come on! Let’s buy! It’s my shout!” She grabbed my hand and attempts to pull me towards the counter.

 

“But Krys, I’m fine… you don’t have to pay for it.”

 

“No you’re not. Come on Amber!” She insisted. Still trying to pull me.

 

“Hey wait Krys… I’m okay.”

 

“You’re refusing me Amber?” She stopped from pulling me but she’s still holding my hand. “Okay. Just think that, I’m repaying you from helping me survive my first month in school. You’ve been my guidance all the time so just to show how much I’m thankful for that, I’ll treat you a very delicious dukboggi in Seoul. And I you refuse me this time, you’ll might regret it.”

 

She cutely threatened me. Anyway, I guess I don’t have the right to refuse if girls like her offer you something.

 

“Coming? Of course you are Amber… Come on!” I let her pulled me instead as I held back on her hand tightly. I still don’t understand what’s happening on me but all I just love this kind of feeling every time I’m with this girl. A very different feeling. The feeling I haven’t feel with my girlfriend yet.

 

================

 

“Don’t tell me Krystal that this ice cream is also a part of your generous payback?”

 

“Ha-ha-ha. Why? Don’t you like it? You know what; the only people I pamper like this are the people who have been so close to my heart. Like Sulli and Taemin. And I’m a very picky when it comes to people who I’m going to be-friend with. So if I choose you to be my friend, you were probably quite lucky. That’s what my classmates at States told me.” She boasted as she simultaneously her ice cream.

 

I giggled after hearing that information. I remembered when I first saw Krystal; she horribly mistook me that I’m a . And it is really hard to get Krystal’s attention that time. But now, I can’t believe she’s actually treating me. And just indirectly informed me that were already close.

 

I can’t find a place where to put my happiness. And she’s right, being close to her is a very lucky thing to be thankful with.

 

 

We just finished eating our ice cream when we reached the bus stop. We quickly rode one since it’s almost getting late. She sat beside on the window and I was next to her. She was busy sight seeing and I was busy playing music with my I-pod when I felt something bumped on my shoulders.

 

It was Krystal’s head. Haven’t notices that she fall a sleep while on our way home. I gently moved my arms around her shoulders so she can comfortably sleep on my shoulder. I stared on her gorgeous face as its peacefully sleeping. Her face is covering by some of her soft hair strands. I gently brushed it and placed on her back ear. When I can clearly see her face, I stared on her again much longer. She has that I can say a y pointed nose and reddish lips. Her chick bones is which I can say her asset. She has that perfect V-line shaped face which is a plus having a very good looking face. 

 

My chest suddenly pumped hard when I suddenly remembered something.

 

The girl in my dreams. The girl I’ve been dreaming of since I was a child. The girl in my beautiful nightmares. The girl that bothers my whole day when I dream of her and Krystal almost looks like her. She perfectly fits that mysterious girl’s description.

 

BUT what is she’s really Krystal? What if the girl in my dreams is the girl who was the one that really meant to be with me and Krystal just came to made me realize it? What should I do?

 

I looked at her again for the third time and that finally confirmed everything; she’s really that girl in my dreams. I can’t believe I just already met her all this time.

 

If this will really happen, why does it seem so late? I have a girlfriend for almost years. Why I didn’t ever get the chance to meet her even before I met Sulli? Why does she need to come up to my life anymore when I’m happy with the girl I love?

 

So that was the reason Krystal looked familiar when I first saw her.

 

 

 

For now, I don’t know how to answer those questions that bothers my mind but this fact may probably change some things now. I guess.

 

==================================

 

[SULLI’S POV]

 

After that best-friendly talk with Krystal, I decided to leave her before Amber can arrive. I went to the grocery by myself and secretly headed to Taemin’s new apartment after. He moved far away from our house, leaving me, Krystal and Amber in purpose; so we can freely see each other anytime without being recognized by anyone EVEN KRYSTAL.

 

Yes. I am lying to Krystal. Taemin is lying to Krystal. We are lying to our best friend. I don’t want to do this but when the first time I lied to Amber; it had followed by another lie and another lie and since the damage was done, I’ll just go with the flow. Even though I don’t think it’s the right thing to do, for now I’ll just try my best to hide these lies. We’ll try our best to hide this secret relationship. It’s for my best friend and my girlfriend.

 

 

 

To Krystal, I really hope she would understand and forgive me in the future fordoing this to her. And to my Amber, I still love you no matter what.

 

=========================

 

“Until when we are going to be like this Sulli?” He whispered as he gently scratched my shoulders. My head is resting on her chest and my hand wrapped on his waist.

 

“I don’t know Taem, but for now I just want to spend each night with you.”

 

“Sul, I don’t want this relationship to be like this forever. I don’t want to hide anymore.”

 

“Then what do you want me to do?”

 

“We can tell Amber. I will help you. I won’t leave you.”

 

His words gave me an adrenalin rush. Made me stood up from laying on him.

 

“NO!!!! We are not going to tell her ever.” I insisted.

 

“Sulli… we aren’t going to hide forever!”

 

He’s right. We can’t be like this forever but I couldn’t find a way of how this relationship would work. Without telling hurting anyone. Without hurting anyone. Without hurting Amber. I couldn’t afford to loose her.

 

“Sulli-ssi, tell me honestly, do you really still love me?” He mumbled from behind. I closed my eyes and keep on listening the echoes of his question. “Sulli…”

 

“—YES TAEMIN! I love you. I never stop loving you.”

 

“—Exactly Sulli! You love me, and I love you more than you do. I want to have you freely. I want to tell everyone that I still win to have my first love’s heart back. I want to show how to the world how much I’m happy to have you back. I want to tell Krystal that everything has turned back like before. BUT how can I do all those when we’re keeping on hiding to them? I want you back officially Sulli!”

 

His words started to shred me into tears. I also wanted to stop this foolishness and tell Krystal and Amber the truth but MY FEARS, as always, dominates everything.

 

“I love you so much…” He whispered as he passionately back hugged me. From his warmth embrace, I could feel the eagerness how much she wanted to get me back officially. As much as I wanted too, I just don’t know what to do for now.

 

“Taemin-ah…”

 

 

 

====================

A/N: So how was it? Comments are love. :) Please tell me if there are mistakes. :)