Chapter 4

SO INTO YOU

 

[AMBER’S POV]

 

“Krystal!!!! Krystal!!!”

 

I stood up as I tried to follow her. But she’s just as fast as lightning that she disappeared suddenly. Seems that she doesn’t really want to have a company with me. I couldn’t do anything but just to let her leave. Should not force her though. Ugh. Sulli-ah! Why handing me this kind of stuff to take care of.

 

“Ouch!” I am about to gone back from the table when I accidentally bumped into someone.

 

“Hey—“

 

“Amber?”

 

“Luna-ssi? I thought…” I recognized her. And that someone was definitely Luna. Who’s Sulli’s supposed to be with right now. But she’s actually in front of me. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Eh? I’m studying here Amber. And I’m here at the cafeteria for lunch. Ha-ha-ha.”

 

“I know. But I thought… Wait. Sulli just told me awhile ago she’ll meet you for your school project.”

 

“School project? We didn’t even have one. Why would she tell you that?” Luna pouted as she crumpled her eyebrows our o confusion. Now, I’m starting to get confuse as well. What is her reason for using Luna as her alibi? And if she’s not doing her school project, where she’s actually right now?

 

“Amber! Amber! Hey! You okay?” I ended up stuck for a moment until Luna slightly bumped her shoulders into mine. “Ah… eh… yeah! Thank you for showing up Luna. Shall leave you now. See you around!”

 

I quickly run leaving Luna and the cafeteria.

 

I wondered why Sulli lied to me. When I saw Luna awhile ago, I was really excited because I thought she’s really with Sulli. But when I looked around, I didn’t see even a cast of her shadow. By all means, I couldn’t stop myself to think that Sulli really lied to me. It’s not that an hour after Sulli just left. She might really up into something that she doesn’t want me to know. Amber. She’s keeping a secret from my back.

 

Be calm Amber. Be calm. You should ask her first before anything else.  

 

=======================

 

[SULLI’S POV]

 

“Ching-a-ling. Ching-a-ling”

 

I was not even finished from crying when my phone rang. I dig my inside my bag and grabbed my phone. Even I couldn’t clearly see the name that registers the call because of the tears that blurred my vision, I’m pretty sure the call came from Amber.

 

“Nae. Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Su—Sulli-ah! Where are you?” After hearing the voice from the other line, confirmed that it’s Amber’s.

 

“Eh? Ah-- I’m on… my way home.” I mumbled trying to hide my sniffing voice.

 

“Sulli… I want to talk to you when you get home. I’ll be waiting for you.” She murmured from the other line. Her voice seems so different. But I decided to ignore it as the grief still struggling me inside. “Yeah… see you then. Bye.”

 

=========================

 

I was hurt. Really hurt.

 

When Taemin called me and invited me to meet him, I didn’t actually think twice but to say yes. For the first 2 years that he’s not with me, I have always been prepared in case the moment come that we are going meet again. In fact, if he would just ask me to give ourselves a second chance to be together again, I can actually even leave Amber for him.

 

YES. I have loved Amber while I’m still in love with Taemin. And I guess that was the biggest mistake I just did. After having that hateful talk with him, I just completely proven to myself that replacing him was the indeed the BEST THING I did for myself. Besides, Amber helped me a lot until I could almost forget that Taemin still exists. If it’s not with her, I might still suffering from the miseries of the past.

 

=========================

 

The sun is already setting when I reached my home. I closed the door and when I turned back, I was surprised when I saw Amber quietly sitting on the bed.

 

“Amber? Why been so quiet? I didn’t know you were actually around.” I protested as I removed my shoes.

 

“Can we talk?”

 

“Huh? What?” I actually heard what she just said but as an assurance, I faced her and asked her to repeat what she has just said.

 

“I said, can we talk?” Her voice is different. I just noticed that she looks different tonight. I easily felt that there is something that bothers her. I started to get nervous as well.

 

“Yeah—of course! What are we going to talk about?” I broke a hesitant smile on her and turned back on her again.

 

“I saw Luna this afternoon and she told me that she didn’t even have a chance to talk or go out with you today. Tell me honestly Sulli, where have you been all day long?”

 

Her questioned suddenly froze me. Seemed that my time stopped and I don’t want to go back from reality anymore. I don’t want to answer her. She has just caught me from lying and now, I just wanted to die so that she wouldn’t know that I actually lied on her.

 

“I want an honest answer Sulli.” Yes. She called me Sulli this time. Her voice is just as gentle as normal but when she calls me by that way, I know that she’s already mad at me inside. I closed my eyes. Bit my lips. I paused for awhile and took a deep sighed before I had decided to face her and mouthed my answer.

 

 

 

 

“I’m---I’m sorry Amber. I’m really sorry!”

 

=========================

 

[KRYSTAL’S POV]

 

“Aisssssssh! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!”

 

 

Yes Krystal! You’re totally stupid. Over-acting. Assuming. Arrogant. Hypercritical and … YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

 

What is actually happening to you? Who taught you to be that presumptuous? She stills your best friend’s boyfrie—I mean girlfriend. And she’s right. She’s just trying to be nice on me for Sulli’s sake but you showed her nothing but impoliteness. I should not have done that.

 

“Krystal pabo!!!! Krystal pabo!!!! Krystal pabo!!!! Krystal pabo!!!!” I mumbled as I keep on knocking my head. I deserve to be hit and now I have no idea if I will still have the guts to face her anymore. Ugh. Ottoke?

 

“Soojung-ah?”

 

While still punching my head like there’s no tomorrow, I heard someone’s familiar voice called my name. I quickly turned around and looked after that voice, and yeah, I was right. It was from my Jessica’s; my beloved eonnie.

 

Oh and finally, for the first time in history, I saw her boyfriend.

 

“Eonnie...”

 

“Are you okay? Why keep on hitting you head?”

 

“Ah… It’s--- just…”

 

I wanted to tell what happen immediately to Jessica eonnie but I suddenly feel hesitant because her boyfriend is around. I just leaned my head into eonnie’s ears and whispered.

 

“I’ll just tell you when we get home.”

 

“Okay… but make sure you’re okay.”

 

“Yeah… I’m okay. Don’t worry.” I gently whispered again. Keep on avoiding of her boyfriends’ stares.

 

“Yah! Ever since I last saw you together before I left States, you were also whispering to each other. Seems that it’s really a sisterly habit of you both huh?” Donghae oppa jokingly interfered. Trying to crack the gauche atmosphere. “Anyway, it’s a SISTERLY secret I guess.”

 

“Exactly! That’s why you should not intrude.” Jessica mouthed as he softly pinched Donghae’s cheeks. Nothing has change. They are still sweet as before. Or should I say, sweeter. They really missed each other. For almost 3 years of being very far away from each other, their relationship still stood stronger. It is almost 5 years since they started that very precious relationship. To be honest, I and Sulli are their fans. If only Sulli and Taemin have just chosen to be stronger for their relationship too, I would probably feel finally contented and happy. But even though Sulli seems currently happy with Amber, Taemin stayed alone and still keep on struggling from his misery. How I wished eonnie’s and Donghae oppa’s relationship had just become similar to my Best friends’ relationship, everything would probably be just fine.

 

“So… how are you Krystal? It’s just three years that passed after I last saw you but it looks like you’ve grown up a lot. Grown up prettier to be exact.” He complimented. I don’t know but even though I’ve known him for a long time, I’m still shy on him. I really have that awkward feeling on him. It’s not just I don’t like him for my sister. Actually, he’s perfect for my sister and I like him a lot to be my brother-in-law someday. It’s just there’s that something that keeps me feel shy in front of him.

 

“I’m---fine… and thank you for saying that.” I bowed to him. Trying to lessen the hesitation I feel on him. I shall start to act normal in front of him when she’s with my sister. Then, I broke a forced smile on him.

 

“Let’s just continue talking while walking around. It’s getting darker, we shall start shopping now. Let’s go!”

 

“Nae. Eonnie… let’s go!”

 

 

---------------------------------------

 

Even I love it every time my sister and I go shopping, the rudeness that I showed on Amber this morning still bothers me a lot. I must be very happy now because it’s our first shopping day since we went back to Korea, but I can’t even concentrate right now. I really feel shame of myself for what I just did. I do not even know her but I misjudged him that easily. Ugh. I shall find a way of how can she forgive me after we get home.

 

“Hey babe! I want this couple phone charm. It’s sooooo cute! Can we buy these?” Jessica eonnie muttered as she pouted in front of her boyfriend. I couldn’t help but smile. With her age, she still acts like a little child asking for her father to buy her toys. Probably Donghae oppa really likes childish stuff that’s why.

 

“Okay, let’s buy it!” Donghae quickly responds as he surely caught by my eonnie’s aegyo.

 

“Yaaaah! Thank you babe!” Jessica eonnie jumped off and pecked a kiss on Donghae oppa. “Soojung-ah! Just a minute, we’ll just go ahead on the counter and pay. We’ll be back”

 

“Arrasseo eonnie!”

 

As I also browse the displayed key chains and charms on the mini stall, I saw something that really caught my attention. It’s a silver bracelet with a little basket ball chains that hanged on it. (This is how the bracelet looks like: http://img1.findgift.com/Graphics/Gifts/140/983/PR_65983.jpg) When I saw this, there’s one person that crossed my mind; the person who has unfortunately encountered my insolence just this morning. 

 

 

 

 

 

I didn’t think twice and I bought the bracelet immediately.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I'm really sorry for this borring chapter. :((((((( I'll try to update Chapter 5 tomorro morning. ^^