Irene's feelings

The only promise that Irene can keep.

I’m eating breakfast with my mom and dad before going to school.

“Did Irene go here yesterday night?” Mom asks.

“Yes but she left immediately,” I said.

“What time?” Dad asks.

“Almost 11:30,” I answer.

“Did you know that she always got scold for going home late?” Dad said. I just look at him for a second; then I realize something. We never talk about her family, I did ask her that, but she never answers me.

“No, I don’t, but I did ask,” I said.

“Talk to Irene, if she wants to see you, tell her to come earlier,” Dad said so I just nod.

“We’re not restricting you two to meet but if you guys want to meet, do it in daylight.” Mom said. “Keep the fun limited,” Mom added. I just blush and put food in my mouth

“Yes,” I said.

 

I’m with my friends now, and the talk between I and Irene died immediately after seeing Irene with V. I suddenly remember the kiss, I blush with the thought of it, but I suddenly feel hurt after seeing V and Irene. The kiss must be nothing to Irene, and I’m just here immediately jumping to the conclusion that Irene might like me. I guess I’m wrong, and maybe I’m just a friend to her.

“Feel jealous?” Wendy whispers in my ears.

“No, I’m not,” I said then I look away. Gosh, I think I am.

 

It’s already evening, and I’m in my room when Irene enter.

“Good evening, bear,” Irene said. Irene seat next to me in my bed. The vision of Irene with different people still hunt me, of course, the kiss also didn’t leave my mind for the whole damn day.

“Good evening,” I tried to show her a bright smile.

“How’s my baby bear day?” Irene asks.

“Hm. It’s good. What about you? You go home late,” I said. I try my best not to remember the kiss, but my brain is teasing me right and making me remember it. (You choose what you think, it’s not my fault). I’m still blaming you.

“It’s okay, you don’t need to worry about that,” Irene said then smile at me. That’s the answer I usually get from her, ‘no need to worry.'

“I’m worried though, aren’t they scolding you? They might restrict you from seeing me if you keep staying late at night,” I said. I won’t drop this topic!

“Its fine, as long as I get to see you, I’m happy,” Irene said. I gulp when I suddenly remember something. A significant promise that I make to her yet I forget for many years, stupid brain for making me forget!

“Hm. I don’t want you to get scold though, and I feel bad.” I really won’t drop this! I make up my mind.

“I rather talk about the foods you ate than my family, Seul, can’t we do that?” Irene acts me cutely. I’m starting to give in.

“I wonder why we never talk about your family, yet I share almost everything about me, I hope you do the same. I’m here to listen, I promise, I will listen to your rant, loudness even silent of yours, I will still going to listen.” No, you can’t give in or else I won’t get anything from her.

“Seul, you’re the only one I need,” Irene said then hug me at my side. “I don’t want to talk about them; they won’t do anything good to you. I only have you in this world, Seul…” Irene said.

“Joohyun…” I called her. I look at her and her eyes starting to get teary, I knew it, and something is off to her nowadays. “You can talk to me, Joohyun.”

“I only need you. I don’t need anything else.” Irene whisper.

 

“Turn left, you stupid!!” I shout as Irene keep pushing the wrong button on the joystick.

“Why this stupid game exists!??” Irene shouts back.

“AHH! You’re dead!” I said. The screen says ‘game over,' I sigh and I see her smiling brightly at me. It’s unfair, her white legs showing and her red lips look kissable, her face is gorgeous. “You’re just bad at it,” I said.

“Seul, do you love me?” Irene suddenly asks. I blush at it, and Irene starts laughing loudly.

“You know, I’m not very vocal about it…” I said.

“Well… I know that you do! Anyway, who told you to grow taller than?” Irene said as she compared our height to each other.

“What do you mean? I’m originally taller than you.” I said.

“No! I’m taller than you before!” Irene said.

“I’m taller than you, before and now,” I said. I laughed when Irene showed me an angry face, but she smiles immediately. Irene sits on my lap again and kissing me on my neck. “W-wait,” I stutter when she’s starting to leave marks.

“What?” Irene stop.

“What are you doing?” I ask.

“Kissing your neck, I guess?” Irene asks.

“I know, of course, why are you kissing my neck?” I ask. Irene looks away with a blush; I think she’s blushing. I’m too! A goddess kissing you is a dream, you know.

“I just want…” Irene whisper then Irene hug me in my neck.

“Are you like this too with your dates?” I bravely ask. Irene’s eyes widen at it, but she remains unbothered.

“No, I’m not a , bear. Only to you.” Irene said. My eyes widen at what she said. “I will take you now, change your clothes,” Irene said then smile at me as she gets up from my lap.

 

“Where do you want to eat?” Irene asks me as she holds my hand. We are always holding hands, but why I’m heart is beating so fast??

“You choose,” I said. We’re walking, and I know that I receive some death glances from strangers, no need to wonder why.

“Can’t you walk normally? You’re so awkward, and we did more than holding hands!” Irene said. I just look away from her.

“You can’t blame me for that! I’m getting confused you know!” Yeah, that’s right, let’s speak up, Kang Seulgi, you can do this!

“Confuse of what!?” Irene asks.

“About this! You kissed me yesterday, you’re kissing my neck earlier, and now you’re holding my hands. You’re getting sweeter to me, and my heart can’t take it you know because I don’t know what to expect from you because later, you’re with another man.” I bravely said. I thought Irene would let go of my hands, but not, she hold it more tightly and pull in a hug.

“I like you, Seulgi,” Irene whisper to my eyes. My eyes widen, and my whole body is in panic. Did I hear it right? Does Irene like me? Like, what? Friends or more than that? I don’t know!!

“…. What?” I ask.

“I like you a lot. I like you more than a friend.” Irene clarify. Now my world stop, Irene breaks the hug, and she looks at me like I’m the only one in this world. “This is not how I’m planning on confessing, and I kind of want to make it more romantic but…

 

I’m going to make another promise, whatever you like it or not. I’m going to love you forever.

 

I promise.”        

 

--------------------------

Did you guys survive that 'oh gosh' of SeulRene?? hahahahahaha