Irene’s departure

The only promise that Irene can keep.

I’m walking with my friends including Joohyun to the cafeteria to talk about the upcoming competition when Jisoo and her friends approach us.

“Hi, Seulgi,” Jisoo said. I just smile then I can already feel Irene’s aura becoming dark again. I don’t want to deal with Hell.

“Hi, Jisoo,” Irene said. Then Jisoo looks at her with intimidating eyes. I can, or we can already feel the tension between them.

“Anyway, Seulgi, we’re both going to enter the competition right?” Jisoo said then I just nod. “So I want to make a deal with you,” Jisoo said.

“What deal?” I ask as I’m curious. They look curious too.

“If my team will win this upcoming competition…. You go out with me,” Jisoo said. I can sense I’m going to die later.

 

“Now, LET’S DO THIS!!!!!!!!” Irene shouts at the dance room. “WE HAVE TO WIN!!!!!!!!” Irene said. I just sit on the ground while the three are laughing at Irene.

“YEAH~~~,” They said.

“Seulgi is dead, poor her,” Joy said.

“For the second thought, she’s very unlucky,” Yeri said.

“Yeah, I thought she’s lucky for a moment then now, she’s dying inside,” Wendy said. I can’t say anything or else I might die later. We look at Irene being all serious about the competition.

 

We’re all tense when the MC is going to announce the winner. The past month, all we do is to practice and practice and hoping that we will win. We work hard especially Joohyun as she doesn’t want me to go out with Jisoo even I already reassure her that I won’t go out with Jisoo.

“The winner is…. RED VELVET!!!!!!!”

 

“YEAH!!!!!!!!!” We’re currently celebrating the win in Wendy’s backyard.

“We win, wow, it felt nice!” Joy said. We all nod, “I would like to thank Jisoo for this because Jisoo awakens the competitiveness out of Irene,” Joy continues then we all laugh then Irene just laugh along with them.

“Well, I realize that you guys are more talented than them, you guys suggest a lot and you guys don’t like to stick to one concept, which makes us won,” Irene said

“Seulgi, you’re lucky,” Wendy said.

“YEAH!” Yeri said. “Do you see Jisoo’s face when the winner is announced, she looks so disappointed and annoyed,” Yeri added then Irene release an evil laugh which makes us laugh too.

 

“Woah~,” Irene grab my arm so that she can cling to me like a koala. “I’m so happy~~,” Irene said then I just smile at her.

“Yeah, it’s obvious,” I said.

“Anyway, my parents and Suzy won’t be home tomorrow, do you want to sleepover at my place this time?” Irene offer.

Well, I always feel that Irene’s family don’t like me, they just think of me as a neighbor. I'm still scared of Irene’s dad because he always tries his best to get me out of Irene’s life. Like he doesn’t want me as Irene’s friends.

“Sure,” I accept because why not, they’re there and I rarely visit Irene’s place.

“I would like to have our second one,” Irene said with a sly smile.

“ert,” I said then Irene laugh. I always smile every time she smiles too, for I always fulfill my promises to her.

“Tomorrow night will be a good night, and I promise~.”

 

I doorbell then a maid open it for me, and I always forget that Irene is a young miss, such a rich kid. I enter but I see someone I don’t know sitting on the sofa in the living room. He looks at me, he’s handsome and seems kind. He gets up and bows at me then I bow back, we just smile at each other.

“Are you Irene’s friend?” He asks then I just nod. I don’t know how to deal with a stranger. “Hm. I’m Suho,” He said.

“I’m Seulgi,” I introduce myself then we fell into silence again.

“Why are you here?” Suho asks.

“Hm. Joo- Irene invite me to a sleepover,” I said. Then I see Suho nods then looks confused. “Why?” I ask.

“Oh, we’re supposed to go on a date tonight,” Suho said. My world suddenly stop when I heard that. “By the way, I’m Irene’s fiancé,”

For the second time, my world suddenly stops and slowly getting destroyed by my emotions that I don’t think I have but then I have. Sadness, hurt, agony and betrayed.

“Is that so… I should leave then…” I said as I try not to stutter a word.

“Oh, no, it’s fine. You must be the one that Irene keep talking about, she always blames me for breaking her promises to her friend,” Suho said while innocently smiling. “Maybe it’s you, so I don’t want her to break any promises anymore so…”

“No, its fine, I should really leave…” I said. I am slowly walking out of the door while holding my tears.

I go out then I heard someone’s footstep, running toward me.

“SEULGI!” Irene said, but I run away from her. “SEULGI WAIT!” I don’t want to look back at my tears start falling. I’m so hurt, I gave her my everything!!!!!!!!! I’m so stupid!!!!!!!!

“Wait, let me explain-“Irene catch up with me, but when she sees me, she fell into silence. “I- that’s-“Irene can’t complete her sentence as I keep on crying.

“Please- don’t talk to me,” I said as I cry harder. Joohyun tried to touch me, but I move away from her.

“Please, Seulgi, that guy, my parent just set me up with him. I don’t really love him! You’re the one I love, and I’m still solving this problem with my family.” Irene said.

“But, you’re planning on breaking this promise again,” I said while crying. I show Joohyun my phone.

From: Hyun~

Sorry, let’s sleepover next time, something come up. Please don’t be mad, I’m so sorry, but I will make up to you later. Love you

“After I give my everything to you, my first kiss, my experience, my first love and my first friend. This is all that I get. You’re so bad, all this time I’m nothing to you when I’m about to confess to you, how stupid of me. Goodbye,” I said. As I walk pass by her. More tears fall when I saw Irene’s eyes, tearing up too.

“I’m sorry...”

 

A month pass without me talking to Joohyun, she tried and even now, she still tired, but I don’t show any motive to speak to her anytime soon. Her promise of her being the last person I see isstill keep as I just look at the window and she’s there waiting. I always close the window and the curtain, so she won’t think I forgive her. 

“Hey!” Joy approach me. “Is that true that Irene is going abroad??” Joy asks.

My world stopped once again when I heard that, am I pushing her too hard to the point she has to leave? My eyes widen to it, I gulp, and the idea Irene leaving hurts me even more. Now she completely breaks all of her promises to me.

 

Mom and dad are not home for a business trip and my brother sleeping over at his friend’s house, so I’m all alone here. I open the door of my room, seeing Joohyun sitting at my bed and the thought I’m all alone is a pure lie now. I just stay quiet until Joohyun approaches me and touch my cheeks.

“So it’s true,” I quietly said. I saw Joohyun keep on crying and crying. Joohyun just hugs me. We stay silent as I hug her back. “I’m so sorry…” I apologize as tears go down. “Why you have to leave me…?” I whisper to her ears.

“I love you Seulgi, and I will always love you. I want you to know that… you’re my first friend, who make my life bright, my first love which means everything to me and my supposed lover whom I gave my everything. The last person I will love is you…” Irene said as she whispers in my ears and cried. “… I promise…” I cried, even more, when Joohyun makes another promise.

Joohyun breaks the hug and kisses me hungrily, kissing me roughly to show how much she misses me. I just kiss back and make her wrap her legs around my waist and carry her toward the bed without breaking the kiss. I gently lay her on my bed and break the kiss to take off my blouse and bra, and I know Joohyun is shocked because of my actions. If we’re going to make this last, I have to make it memorable.

I’m the one to strip Joohyun while I’m playing with her that perfectly fits my hands. After making Joohyun completely , I pin both of her arms above her head using my right hand while my left hand is playing with Joohyun’s as I her neck.

Her beautiful eyes, her nose, her lips, her ears, her collarbone and her body, is what we called perfection, a perfect 10. The sound of her whimper, the sound of her moans, the sound of her heavy breathing and her scream makes it more perfect. I shower her with my anger, misery, pain, anguish, and love. For tonight might be the last night.

Mom and dad will be proud of me as I’m the one taking control in the bed this time. I chuckle at me then I stop eating her as she hard. Then I look at her. Her eyes close, going up and down and her lips apart. I stop and before I knew it… I’m crying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“I love you Joohyun…” I realize this is the first and the last time I said it.

 

I wake up with no one beside me. No more of her warmth, no more of her love. This upcoming 2018 would be so lonely…

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NOW??!!!