Seulgi’s first love story

The only promise that Irene can keep.

2026

“So congratulation for being a best-seller for novel and for winning best rookie novelist award, CEO Bae,” The reporter said. I just smile and bow.

“Thank you,” I said.

“You’re so excellent, your company is one of the well-known here in Korean, but you still have time to write such a beautiful novel,” The reporter said. I just smile at him.

“Well, it’s such a waste not to write such good story in my head,” I said.

“Can I asks a question?” One reporter said. I just nod even though she’s already asking a question. “Is this story based on true life?” She asks. I just smile again.

“What do you think?” I ask.

“Well, you use your name as a title and a character of the story, “The only promise that Irene can keep,” so I think you based it on your own story,” She continues.

“Well, you’re right,” I said. I saw all of the reporters writing down notes.

“So the characters here is true too?” He asks. I just give him an I-don’t-know-face. “Anyway if this story is based your own experience, it means you’re a bi?” He asks.

“Yeah, my first in everything is with a girl,” I answer without hesitation.

“Do you still meet her?” She asks. I shake my head.

“I left and I never come back,” I said.

“Why? That’s so sad,” she said.

“You’re romantic if you see it that way, but you’re a cynic if you think leaving is the right way to do, what do you think makes me not come back?” I ask them this time, but for a few seconds, no one can answer. “Our society at that time still haven’t fully accepted same ,” I said.

“But it’s already had a same- marriage before,” He said.

“Yeah, even it does, I know they’re still not accepting you, they do that to just to please everyone and think they’re great and kind just because they do that. In reality, they still don’t accept you, they just understanding you,” I said. Reporters all nod. “Well, that’s only my opinion,” I added.

“A lot of people like this book because of the realistic ending, what else do you think makes it popular?” He asks.

“Hm. I think everyone has a secret and a broken promises. A secret they can’t tell and a broken promises you regret,” I said. “I never thought it would be a hit, maybe people just buy it because I’m a well-known CEO,” I said.

“So… are you still single?” She asks.

“Yeah, I am,” I said.

 

“I will take two weeks break, I need it,” I tell to my secretary.

“Got it, yes, you really need a rest, have fun to exploring Europe and give me some souvenir,” She said.

“Yeah, yeah,” I said.

 

I’m now riding a train to go to Paris alone, and I just came from Madrid. For the past nine years, breaking that stupid engagement who ruin my whole life, becoming free from my ruling family and stupid lessons. I am starting to prefer to be alone, to be alone instead sitting with people who make me feel lonely. The book that I made, it’s the story that I want to continue, a story that I want to have a good ending. I write it not for success but for me to keep, a story that I won’t ever forget.

I sigh as a look outside; it makes me feel peaceful. I’m away from people’s . I like it this way. I’m also alone in my row while the others sit in my front or either at my back. I suddenly feel someone seat in my row, at the opposite window. I look at my side and see a girl. The girl looks at me. She innocently smiles at me.

“Hey,” She said. She looks a Korean.

“H-Hi,” I said. Why is this girl talking to me?

“What are you doing?” She asks.

“Huh? Ahh. Listening to Taeyeon’s Fine,” I said.

“Ohh, Kim Taeyeon, I’m her composer,” She said then I just nod. Okay.

“Anyway, what are you reading?” I ask. Then she shows me her book. “That’s my book,” I said.

“I know,” She said then we chuckle together. “You’re CEO Bae, I know you,” she said.

“Really? You look Japanese to me,” I said.

“That’s rude, I speak Korean with you,” She said with a slight joke at her tone. I just smile. “I like this book, I really like this a lot, and to meet you here is such an honor,” she said.

“Well- meeting the composer I just listening earlier, it’s an honor too,” I said.

“So where you are heading to?” She asks me.

“Hm. Paris, what about you?” I ask.

“Vienna, are you alone?” She asks.

“No, I’m not alone,” I said with a sarcastic tone.

“Oh really? Where’s your companion?” She asks me. Oh, she’s dumb.

“Look, that’s actually sarcastic, I’m alone,” I said then she just smiles at me. She’s cute when she smiles. “Well, thank you for complimenting my novel,” I said.

“Well, the story is awfully familiar,” She said.

“What do you mean awfully?” I ask with annoyance in my voice.

“I mean, it’s similar to what I experience, a sad ending,” She excuse. I just nod. “Do you have a lover? Well, I’m not shock if you have, I mean, you’re all being pretty, cool, smart and have a pretty smile,” She said. She at flirting.

“Are you flirting with me?” I asks. She just give me a look.

“No, I don’t,” She said. I just smirk at her answer since it’s pretty obvious that she does.

We keep on talking and talking even we’re quite far from each other. We talk about politics, artist, music, and companies in Korea. Why are we here? For what, etc. 

“Looks like it’s already Vienna,” I said as the train announce.

“Okay, hm. Wait, do you really need to go to Paris?” She asks. I shake my head.

“No, I just want to go there,” I said.

“Well, Hm… I want to keep talking to you, you know. I want to know why you write this book, I don’t know, but I feel like we have some kind of, uh, connection. Right?” She said. So noticeable that she’s nervous while talking to me.

“Yeah, me too but are you hitting on me?” I ask then I saw her eyes widen to it.

“Oh no, well whatever, so here’s the deal, listen. This is what we should do. You get off the train with me here in Vienna, and check out some capital,” She said. What?

“What?” I ask. Being confuse but the idea didn’t freak me out, really.

“C’mon it will be fun, come on!” She said while I’m laughing at her.

“What would we do?” I ask.

“Actually I don’t know, I just want to continue talking to you,” she said. “And if would be a lot of fun if you came with me, and if I turn out to be psycho, you just get on the next train,” She said. I just continue smiling at her. “Call a police if you want,” She continues.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Okay, I will come with you, Kang Seulgi.”

Well, that book is your freaking first love story.   

  ~fin~

----------------------------------------

If you think that the ending is similar, you should know why. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm very thankful that you guys support the story. THANK YOU A LOT!!!!!!!! SEE YOU AGAIN!

Anyway, what do you think about the ending?