Smoke and Mirrors

Symmetry
Please log in to read the full chapter

    Jin smiled and joined a crowd forming around a talented street musician . A woman in a hoodie and a ball cap fell in beside him. She swayed slightly to the music then leaned in close to him. There was an unnatural aura around them diverting the eyes and ears of those near to them.

    “Which world did you take her from?” She asked quietly.

    “Does it matter Kyungeun?” Jin groaned.

    “Well yeah I think it does. How are you going to know where to leave her when you’ve finished doing whatever it is you do with these people. There is only so much chaos you allowed to create when it comes to time manipulation.”

    “Oh don’t worry I’m not tampering with time in that way. Just some simple pushing and pulling of her consciousness. I haven’t decided how I’m going to end it this time though.
I want to do something I haven’t tried before.”

    “Sounds boring.”

    “This kid has promise for the long haul. It’s going to be a while before I get tired of her.”

    “Don’t forget the real work you have waiting for you when this ‘experiment’ ends. Consider this a friendly reminder.”

    Jin grimaced as she ended the conversation and left him at the edge of the crowd. How many had it been now? He had already lost count but it didn’t matter he was getting the most entertainment out of this petite rapper.

    “Miss Moon Byulyi.” He said thoughtfully, “How am I going to make you choose in the end?”

    He slipped his hands into his pockets and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

A demons work was never done.

///

    Wheein had to be creative to stay as near to Moonbyul as she could over the last three days. Today unfortunately neither girl could find a way to get out of a schedule. Wheein was now across town recording while Moonbyul was in the back of the company van with Solar listening to a lecture from one of their managers about the schedule they were about to attend. She knew the distance between them was getting too great when the air was suddenly kicked out of her lungs. Her vision went black and instantly she was holding a distressed, drunk Wheein in her arms.

    “Shh, it will be okay.” Moonbyul heard herself saying before she even had time to acclimate herself to the situation once again.

    “Why didn’t you do anything?” Wheein looked up at the rapper with reddened eyes, “You just stood there and let her hit you. Why is this happening? Solar of all people I don’t think I can handle this. Byul-ah do something. Make her understand.”

    Moonbyul remembered the sting she felt from the slap Solar had given her. Days had passed in the other world since that had happened. She didn’t know what to say and simply pulled Wheein closer to her chest with a tight hug.

    “What’s going to happen to us now? What will I do if I can’t sing anymo

Please log in to read the full chapter