Pick Me

Symmetry
Please log in to read the full chapter

    The space between all parallel universes was made of dense fog and a labyrinth of pathways each connecting to a different version reality. Jin found this place to be the perfect hunting ground for his victims, as well as the perfect place to go when he needed to think. He felt stuck at the moment. Of course he had dealt with worse situations but he had rules for his little game even if the victims didn’t know what they were.

    “Shall I just set this human loose in the labyrinth and watch until it drives her insane.” He thought out loud, “No, it wasn’t much fun the last time I did it.”

    Kyungeun had a loud, shrill laugh. It was not unlike the one coming out of Yongsun’s mouth as she approached Jin in his foggy domain. He took a moment to glare at her before he went back to staring into the fog and his bald chin. The laughing continued even as Yongsun’s form twisted and morphed into the true shape of Kyungeun. She was short, a sickly blue grey color and didn’t have a single tooth in her gummy mouth. Her tongue was extremely large and stuck out of the corner of grotesquely.

    “You must be absolutely scrambling to think of new clever ways to extend your fun.” She teased with a knowing grin, “I liked the little touch you added. Changing that stupid human’s jealousy into anger but it’s not working the way you intended is it?”

    “I don’t need your lip right now. I’m trying to think.” He grumbled, now pacing slowly.

    “I’m curious to see how this tailspins out of control. I do love a little chaos every once in a while.”

    Jin sighed loudly then stopped and turned toward Kyungeun, “What do you want? Or what do I need to do to get you to leave me alone?”

    “I don’t want anything. My job is to keep an eye on you. I just happen to be enjoying it for the first time.” She smirked teasingly, “What is your human doing right now?”

    Jin’s eyes glowed red and he looked out into the fog his reply came in an utterly bored tone, “ing.”

    “Really now? Let me take a look.” Kyungeun turned in the direction he had been looking and waited. Jin rolled his eyes but followed her demand anyway. He’s eyes glowed once more and suddenly a blurry image appeared as if projected into the fog.

    The projection showed Wheein sitting on the dining table with her head flung back and her legs splayed out as far as she could manage. Moonbyul was on her knees with her head nestled between Wheein’s legs. One arm was kneading a thigh and the other was gripping Wheein’s waist. Jin blinked several times and the projection disappeared.

    “I’ve noticed something and tell me if I’m wrong but you put all the drama in a single reality. Why isn’t there any friction in the other reality?”

    “Because I messed up okay. Are you happy now? I’ve admitted I did something wrong.” Jin rubbed his temples, “I came here to think and plan, can you please just leave me to my own devices?”

    “Not a chance. I’ll sit quietly and watch the your human get off with her girlfriend while you think or whatever you want to call it.” She snapped her fingers and the foggy projection returned.

    A thought suddenly came to him after a moment, “You haven’t been pretending to be Yongsun have you?”

Kyungeun grinned even more devilishly.

//

    Wheein was looking through the pictures Moonbyul had taken over the weekend with her digital camera. She always found it fun to see what stood out in the world according to Moonbyul. The beauty she finds in the mundane always brings a small smile to Wheein’s lips.

    “When are you going to do something with all these photos?” Wheein shouted across the apartment.

    “What like start a blog or something?” Moonbyul’s voice came from down the hall, “Wouldn’t it just look like a Solar fan page?”

    “You have plenty of photos that have nothing to do with her.” Wheein looked up when Moonbyul rounded the corner.

    “Have you seen Jin in any more shots?” Moonbyul was almost hesitant to ask.

    “Only on your phone. The ones are your digital camera are a lot more focused.”

    “Do you think I should try to call him? Ask why he is doing this to me, if in fact he is doing it?”

    “Give it a shot. The worse that can happen is he just doesn’t answer.”

    “Or he banishes me to the other world forever.”

    “Don’t talk like that, come here.” Wheein held out her arms and giggled when Moonbyul leaned over the couch to kiss her forehead.

    Moonbyul didn’t know what she was going to say but she decided if she didn’t make this call now she would never do it. Her thumb hovered over Jin’s phone number for a couple of seconds before it fell to the screen and the phone was ringing. She put it on speakerphone and set the phone on the coffee table. She wrapped herself around Wheein as her anxiety built while they listened to it ring. 

And ring. 

And ring.

    “Miss Moon.” Jin finally answered with a hint of humor in his voice, “I was wondering how long you were willing to let it ring. I’m a busy man what can I help you with?”

    “I have an important question for you Jin.” Moonbyul said snuggling up against Wheein.

    “Ask away.”

    “Are you following me? I found you in photos from the other world. It seems like more than a coincidence.”

    “I assure you I am not following you Miss Moon. You have not even seen me in this world how is it that you know this is me in the photos?”

    “There is evidence that this man appears in both worlds. So tell me who else could it be?” Wheein said annoyed.

    “I’m just looking for answers. I just want this pushing and pulling and drama to finally stop. You can understand that right?” Moonbyul interjected so that Wheein couldn’t accuse him of being the mastermind behind it all. Both girls could hear the hushed sound of laughter behind the sound of Jin sighing.

  

Please log in to read the full chapter