Text Me

Symmetry
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yesterday, 4:00 PM

Unnie? You’ve been on my mind lately. Let’s meet soon.

 

Today, 6:33 AM

Coffee? Please Byulyi, I need someone to vent to.

Today, 7:00 AM

I’m very busy all week. We’ll find time soon.

Today, 7:01 AM

I’ll send you my schedule.

 

    Moonbyul closed her messaging app with a heavy sigh. Kang Seulgi was one of her favorite dongsaengs but she just didn't have it in her to meet. Afraid one of their venting sessions would turn into a confession of the impossible things happening to her. There was a growing pang in her chest as the image of a sad Seulgi lingered in her mind.

    “Are you okay Byulyi?” Solar asked sneaking up behind the tallest member hoping to get a glance at what Moonbyul was trying to hide on her phone.

    “It’s just a headache nothing to worry about.”

    “You’ve been distant lately.” Solar reached out to put a hand on Moonbyul’s arm. The arm tensed under her light touch like Moonbyul was doing her best not to wrench it away, “See? What have I done that makes you even want to pull away from my touch?”

    “It’s not what you have done per say. Look, it’s not something I want to talk about.”

    “I can't in good conscience let you hope I’m going to just forget in an hour. You’re one of my best friends. It hurts me more than you think to know I’ve done something to make you react to me like this.” Solar absolutely refused to their friendship fall to pieces.

    “Can you at least respect that I’m not ready to talk about it?” Moonbyul pulled away from her touch, “I know better than to think you will forget about it.”

    Wheein caught the tail end of this exchange as she entered the practice room surreptitiously. It was hard to be sneaky in a room with a wall of mirrors. Moonbyul, who was praying for a way out of the conversation, was quick to spot the little imp.

    “Wheein put on some music and lets start warming up.”

    “Aye aye captain.” Wheein playfully responded, “Hyejin is going to be a little late. She’s stuck in traffic.”

    Moonbyul felt her phone vibrate against her leg and answered without looking at the caller ID. She stood up and moved across the room for privacy.

    “Hello?” Moonbyul asked quietly, assuming it was a manager or staff member.

    “Is this Moon Byulyi?” The male voice on the other end was unfamiliar.

    “Who is this?” Her voice hardened instantly.

    “Tell me if any of this sounds familiar. You are part of two different worlds, being pulled back and forth with no obvious pattern. It makes you feel crazy and confused.”

    “Who is this?”

    “Someone who knows what you are going through. I’ll reach out to you again soon.”

    The line went dead leaving Moonbyul’s mind racing a mile a minute. She hit redial but was immediately sent to voicemail. Moonbyul rushed to the restroom to compose herself before rejoining dance practice. The distraction lasted through dinner until she received another call just after 3AM. She disentangled herself from Wheein then tiptoed into the kitchen to take the call.

    “Is this Moon Byulyi?” The caller asked quietly.

    “You know damn well that it is.” Moonbyul hissed sleepily, “Can you give me answers? Have you really gone through this?”

    “I am going through it. I cannot tell you how to stop it but I can give you advise.”

    “What is your name? How did you know this was happening to me?” Moonbyul sounded defeated.

    “If you need to call me anything you can call me Jin.” He cleared his throat, “You’re telling behavior gave you away. Do you have time to talk right now?”

    “Honestly,” Moonbyul yawned into her hand, “I need to sleep, but you aren’t easy to get in touch with, so tell

Please log in to read the full chapter