Ghost

Symmetry
Please log in to read the full chapter

    Life seemed to move on normally around Moonbyul. She purposefully kept herself from getting too comfortable and forgetting that she could leave at any moment. Wishing she would leave at any moment. Wheein noticed her detached behaviour, and it only served as a reminder of a relationship she wasn’t ready to give Moonbyul. The attraction was there, but taking the first big step frightened her. 

    It was late in the evening when they finished dance practice, early by their standards, and something in the drooping shoulders of her girl crush gave Wheein a sudden idea. She silently moved in beside Moonbyul and entwined their fingers together.

    “Let’s go get some food.” Wheein said rather than asked, “The weather is perfect for some grilled meat.”

    Moonbyul answered her with a tired smile and a nod of the head. They walked quietly from the studio to the first restaurant Wheein could hear the grilling of meat and vegetables like music to her ears. It wasn't until the food made it to the table and Wheein began putting slices of meat on the grill between them that Moonbyul finally spoke.

    "Is this a date?"

    "If it is you're paying. I don't split the check on dates." Wheein giggled playfully, "I really just wanted to spend some alone time with you. It can be whatever you want it to be."

    “Good, I'm too tired to be charming enough for an official date."

    “Are you all right? You’ve been very distant lately.”

    “I’m just tired.” Moonbyul gave her a small smile hoping it would be comforting enough to stop this line of questioning. Getting the hint, Wheein changed the subject as they ate.

    Moonbyul was beginning to feel tipsy and could swear she felt arms wrap around her from behind. It was a touch she associated with Wheein’s small hands the way her fingers pressed into her ribs. She smiled for a moment and looked over her shoulder ready to feel a press of lips too, but no one was there. Wheein was still in front of her chewing on a sizzling piece of meat.

    Three bottles was her limit before drunkenness really set in and she turned into a mass of wobbly bones. She was currently at two and a half. As the last bottle of soju was emptied, they paid the check and started walking home hand in hand.

    “I miss you so much sometimes it aches in my bones.” Moonbyul drunkenly stopped them on the side walk. Wheein only smiled and allowed her to take both of her hands, “I would do anything for you.”

    “Come on we can talk when we get home.”

\\

    Solar groaned as she scaled the stairs to get to the floor her apartment rested on. The elevator was being serviced but it was close to 2 in the morning, so she really didn’t think she had a right to complain. She glanced at the door sign coming into sight and realised it was Moonbyul’s floor. She still knew her door code and could use the rest after returning from a gruelling run with her personal trainer.

    She slowed down to give her legs a rest as she reached Moonbyul’s floor. Sounds of feet shuffling, drunken giggles and hasty shushes caught her attention. Wheein being pulled by Moonbyul toward her apartment soon followed. Solar smiled softly but didn’t call out or join them something kept her in place, watching the scene unfold.

    Moonbyul dropped her keys twice before Wheein reached around her to put in the door code instead. Moonbyul twisted around, gently held Wheein’s cheeks and pulled her attention up for a hesitant kiss. The key pad beeped and Wheein turned the handle to push them both through as she claimed Moonbyul’s lips in a more sensual kiss.

    Getting

Please log in to read the full chapter