The Coma

Symmetry
Please log in to read the full chapter

    Hyejin snuck off the couch as quietly as she could and tiptoed to Moonbyul’s room shortly after 2 AM. The older girl was sitting on her bed against the headboard holding her knees to her chest. The tears had long stopped, but the soulless look in her eyes worried Hyejin. She slid onto the bed beside Moonbyul and wrapped her arm around Moonbyul pulling her over to lean on her shoulder.

    “How are you feeling?” Hyejin whispered warmly.

    “Are you seriously asking me that? You guys told me a light fell on me during our rehearsal but what I remember is,”

**

     The members of Mamamoo sat on stools in the middle of a large stage as the company’s band played behind them for the final practice session of the day. Moonbyul waited patiently for her small contribution to the chorus as Solar belted out her emotional lyrics. She kept her tired eyes down on the floor watching as the spotlight illuminating her swayed ever so slightly. As the song ended and they began warming up for the next one, she noted the light was moving much faster and looked up to see what was causing it. The sound of metal snapping and a rush of movement from one of the guitarist left her head swimming from on the floor. Where her stool had been was now a pile of metal and splinters.

    “Are you okay?” The guitarist asked slightly breathless as he helped her back to her feet. Management was swarming around them by this time checking for injuries and thinking about possible lawsuits.

    “Thanks to you, yeah. You have the best reflexes.” Moonbyul gave him a quick hug as the rest of the band, and her group members came over to see if she was alright.

    “Since Moonbyul almost died can we call it a day?” Hyejin asked their manager with a cheeky grin, “What if the other lights fall? This place should be inspected before we perform.”

    “That guy deserves a medal.” Solar said in awe of his quick reflexes.

    “He must have been a cat in another life.” Wheein joked.

    "Everyone take a break until this is cleaned up." Mamamoo's manager rolled her eyes at Hyejin's comment, "Are you hurt Byulyi?"

    "I'm all right." Moonbyul made eye contact with Wheein for a moment then scanned the room until she was looking toward the dressing rooms. Wheein gave her a smouldering look in return as she followed her gaze.

    “Come on unnie I'll take you backstage to rest.” Wheein linked arms with Moonbyul as they walked away from the accident.

    As soon as they were alone and the dressing room door was locked, Moonbyul nearly tripped over her own feet to lock lips with Wheein. It was a sloppy, lust filled kiss that only ended so that Moonbyul could and pepper kisses around her jaw and neck. Wheein was not still for any of it, her hands threaded through Moonbyul’s hair, over her back to finally rest in her back pockets pulling her hips ever closer.

    “Near death experiences make you especially needy, huh?” Wheein joked pulling her back down for a dominating kiss.

    “If only we had time to do something more.” Moonbyul growled pushing her pelvis against Wheein’s thigh.

    The door knob jiggled once carefully then once again harder. Both girls ignored it until they heard Solar beating on the door with her fist shouting for them to open it immediately. Moonbyul groaned at her timing and didn’t bother checking herself in the mirror before opening the door with an air of absolute annoyance. Solar took in her flushed face, tousled bangs and gave her a look of utter disapproval. She pushed passed Moonbyul expecting to find a boy in the room with her. Instead, Wheein was sitting in front of the large mirror combing her hair innocently.

    “What have you been doing Moonbyul?” Solar asked putting her hands on her hips.

    “Nothing you would approve of Leader.” Moonbyul countered grinning arrogantly.

    “Fix your hair quickly, and if I ever catch this guy, I’m going to castrate him.” She gazed at Wheein again, “Wheein did you see anything?”

    “Sorry Unnie, I didn’t see her with any boys. If I do, you’ll be the first one I tell.” Wheein was doing her best not to laugh at the entire situation.

    “Fine, we are leaving in thirty minutes.” Solar grabbed her purse and left the room with one more menacing glare given to Moonbyul as she passed by.

    Both girls broke out into a fit of giggles as soon as they felt like Solar was far enough away. Wheein fixed Moonbyul’s hair and gave her one more slow kiss before they left the room hand in hand.

**

 

    “Whoa, whoa, stop right there.” Hyejin’s face blushed at the way Moonbyul was describing her intimate moments with Wheein, “One of the guitarists saved you and Solar almost caught you making out with Wheein?”

    “Yeah. Solar does that a lot. She interrupts at the worst moments, and I stopped giving a at that very moment. Ever since she’s been trying to catch me with this dude.”

    “I guess she was jealous? She’s never been the overprotective type.” Hyejin chuckled, “Tell me more tomorrow night? I’ll do what I can to help you with Wheein.”

    Moonbyul nodded her head as Hyejin settled down on the bed to sleep. Her mind drifted back to the times she remembers teasing Solar as she closed her eyes before drifting off to sleep. 

    Wheein didn’t sleep well on the floor cuddled up to Solar’s snoring form. She had heard Hyejin get off the couch and tip toe away what felt like hours ago. She tossed and turned a little more before bringing her cold feet up to rest near Solar’s warm legs. The older girl woke up with a groan and swatted the feet away.

    “Did I wake you?” Wheein did her best to sound sleepy.

    “It’s okay.” Solar mumbled as she rolled onto her side.

    “Solar I’m scared. I’m scared I might like something wrong.”

    “Can this wait until morning?”

    “I can't sleep; I just keep thinking about it.”

    “Byulyi keeps valerian root in her cubbert. It will help you sleep.”

    Wheein sighed and rolled away from Solar. The only thing on her mind was Moonbyul’s lips on her neck and the way she was wearing her heart on her sleeve so suddenly. She gently touched the line Moonbyul had made earlier from her neck, over her jaw then finally to her lips.

    The following morning Moonbyul groaned and complained about how her back hurt from sitting against the headboard all night as she buttered some toast for herself. She tried to ignore how Wheein avoided her eye contact or moved away when they got within arms reach of each other. She didn’t look much better with dark bags under her eyes and a spaced out expression.

    “Ladies I need all of you to have a seat on the couch when you’re done fixing breakfast.” Solar called out as she came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her head.

    They all assembled on the

Please log in to read the full chapter