Real but Not

Symmetry
Please log in to read the full chapter

    It was too easy, too good to be true. Wheein in her arms hesitantly brought together but there nonetheless. She felt solid and warm with breath against her neck and heart pounding just underneath her fingers. Moonbyul squeezed her for a second to make sure she wasn’t going to vaporise back into her dreams. She never wanted to let go of her again.

    “I’m here, right here and I’m not going away.” Wheein tried to assure Moonbyul. She was familiar with this hug; she’d felt it several times. Moonbyul sought to keep up a confident mask, but when they were alone it would slip.

    “I’m sorry, I did it again didn’t I?”

    Wheein looked up at Moonbyul with an expression in her deep brown eyes that made Moonbyul unconsciously reach toward Wheein for a brief, gentle kiss. Wheein pulled away then as the front door of her apartment opened and closed loudly.

    “Practice time ladies!” Their manager, Hyerim, shouted forcing Moonbyul out of her dreams. She clenched her teeth remembering the warmth of Wheein lingering in hands, lips, and body as if they were still embracing each other. She curled her hands into fists in order to hold onto the feeling.

    She sat up slowly on the long couch in the waiting room. They were preparing for a collaboration stage with a fellow label mate. Wheein was nowhere to be seen in the room, only Solar remained behind to make sure Moonbyul got up.

    “Are you okay?” Solar asked in a motherly way, “You’re a bit pale.”

    “I'm all right.”

    “If you don’t feel up to it I’m sure Basick oppa won’t mind. We only have singing parts anyway.”

    “I said I’m fine.” Moonbyul walked out of the room determined not to let her feelings ruin the performance.

    She was focused on the crowd, hyper aware of the cameras focused on them all and the fact that Wheein was positioned beside her. She was elated and sad at the same time. The show went on without a hitch, and the energy from the show carried with them into the van.

    “How are you feeling Byulyi? You look better.” Solar leaned over to speak to Moonbyul.

    “Were you sick?” Their manager Hyerim peered into the back of the van through the rearview mirror.

    “No, I wasn’t sick. Performing with Basick oppa felt good. It was almost as fun as that time,” Moonbyul stopped abruptly as something caught her eye out the window.

    “What time?” Solar prodded, “Byul?”

    “Unnie where are we going?”

    “Don’t worry I’m just taking a shortcut.” Hyerim said matter of factly.

    “No, we can’t go this way.” Moonbyul’s voice quivered drawing worried attention to herself, “Please Unnie we need to turn around. Go another way.”

    “Why? What’s wrong with you Byulyi?”

    “We cannot take the Banpo bridge. Please, Unnie take a different route.” Moonbyul was getting more and more desperate. Solar and Wheein tried to calm her down, but she swatted their hands away.

    “I can’t turn around there are no more exits until we get past the bridge. Guys help me out here.”

    “Byul what’s wrong with this bridge? Why are you so upset?” Solar asked softly but kept a hand latched to Moonbyul’s seatbelt in case she tried to take it off.

    “This is where-where we um we,” Moonbyul was having a hard time breathing the closer they came to the bridge.

    “Deep breaths, come on breathe.” Wheein instructed demonstrating for her.

    Moonbyul looked both of them in the eye then steadied her gaze on Wheein, “This is where we almost died.”

    “Noth

Please log in to read the full chapter