CHAPTER 008

Lost Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If anyone told me a month ago that I was going to be good enough friends with Kim Jongin that we decided to play pretend couple, I would’ve said that person was barking mad. That morning I walked in the classroom to find Chanyeol staring down on my table. I’ve never noticed this but his back looked as attractive as the smell of Kyungsoo’s pancakes in the morning. I let my eyes roam his back further down and linger a little on his . made for s, legs travelling for miles. It’s evident: I’m marrying a pole.

“Morning, Dongyi!” Somi called out from her seat. Chanyeol turned to me, surprised that my eyes were meeting his. I wasn’t even embarrassed to be caught checking him out, accepting the marriage vision has really liberated me and made every action feel lighter. I broke the eye contact first to give Somi a wide smile and walked towards my seat.

“Good morning, beautiful” I said and Somi’s eyes crinkled as she giggled. “And good morning, -Yeol” Chanyeol grinned at the nickname.

“Checking out my , this morning, Dongyi?” He asked, and I grinned back at him. Somi looked at us curiously but didn’t say anything. It must seem weird that I’m flirting with the enemy.

“Did you find treasure on my table?” I asked, he was blocking my table from me and I was already standing in front of him. Chanyeol’s breath hitched when I reached my hand out to trail his waist, as I looked up at him. My eyes trained on him and I could see him gulp as his Adam’s apple bobbed. My heart was beating erratically, it feels good to be this near to him I wonder why I’ve always been fighting with him. Chanyeol flinched in surprise when my hands reached his cheeks and squeezed, he jumped out of the way and I laughed.

Then my table caught my eyes. There was a potted cactus on the table. The cactus sprouted a single cute yellow flower on the top, wearing it like a hat. A note was stuck at the bottom of the pot: ‘My feelings for you bloomed unexpectedly yet beautifully like finding flowers in the desert. – KJI’. The note was handwritten and there was a heart next to the initials. I smiled. This cheeky motherer, Kim Jongin. He’s been leaving me romantic notes everywhere Chanyeol could find and it’s been a week since he’s done this. He’s really trying to help, for God knows what reasons.

“Who has been leaving you notes, Dongyi?” Somi asked “This is the fifth note on your desk this week, they’re really cheesy”

“Really? I find them cute” I giggled as I sat down, examining the plant again. This has got to be the best present he’s given me. Jongin told me his dislike for cut flowers and opted with gifting me chocolates, but small potted plants are amazing.

“Cute” Chanyeol scoffed from his seat, glaring at the plant as if it had offended him. “My is cuter”

“I agree… It’s nice and soft, perfect for a squeeze” I whispered in his direction so that only he can hear me, and that made him blush a deep shade of maroon. I turned back to Somi “Kim Jongin, he’s the one who has been leaving me notes” Somi looked at me curiously, one eyebrow cocked up in suspicion. Somi is my closest friend for a reason. She could smell the fishiness in the air as if Ariel from The Little Mermaid was in the room with us. I used to avoid playboys like a plague and now I think Kim Jongin’s notes are cute? Yeah, something is wrong.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter