CHAPTER 007

Lost Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The once empty white room at the Do family apartment was now filled with dozens of boxes stacked on one another. I was lounging on the bed, swinging my legs front and back as I drank from my strawberry milk box. I was looking around at the boxes that lay around on the floor.

The moving company had just left, and my mom was now in her shared room with Do Jiwon, sorting out her stuff. I was left alone to sort out my things. It feels like nowadays I can’t even sort out the simplest things, like my feelings. With nothing sorted out I even forgot to study nowadays, the result for my next test will surely suffer.

My vision blurred, and I felt light-headed, so I closed my eyes. I am now ready for any vision that comes. What am I supposed to do with this piece of information? I don’t know anymore. I can’t avoid it and all I can do is watch.

I was sitting in an office cubicle, messy stacks of paper filled my desk. The papers were the sea and the laptop in front of me was an island. A pretty beaten up looking island as I furiously type on it. Suddenly two hands grabbed my shoulders from behind “Are you ready for lunch?” A mischievous sounding voice asked and future-me turned around. I came face-to-face to a familiar good-looking man who dressed so casually but had a childish smile on his face. His hair was a mess and his glasses were thick, but his good looks could not be taken away from him just by looking sloppy, in fact he looked more charming with the ketchup stain on his shirt.

“Go bother someone else, Jongin, I’m busy” I said with so much venom in my voice that it made him chuckle. Jongin? Kim Jongin? Now I understood why he had looked familiar. I have never seen him with glasses on, he always looked like he fooled around more than he studies but now he looks like all those time he dated since the start of high school was an illusion and he was just a lazy cat.

“Busy? I didn’t sleep the whole night to complete the whole coding and you can tell me that you’re busy? No one is busier than me, Dongyi…” Then his voice dropped into a whisper “Besides, Kyungsoo is eating out with his girlfriend” Future-me sighed before agreeing to the lunch.

The vision melted, and I was back to my new room with the boxes just inviting me to open them. The future is starting to look messed up. The only familiar ground I could stand on was Kyungsoo and according to future-Jongin even he had a girlfriend. Shy, speechless, nerdy Kyungsoo has a girlfriend. It was so hard for my mind to wrap around that fact.

There was a soft knock on the door and Kyungsoo’s head peered in. “Dongyi, your mom said the people in charge of flowers for the wedding is coming along with the wedding planner, they want to plan the flower placements. Your mom asked me to tell you to get ready” He said in a monotone. His eyes scanned the room, making me blush because it doesn’t seem like I was making myself busy with the boxes at all. “I see that you’ve unpacked” He said with a grin “Do you need to borrow Chanyeol’s shirt again?”

I threw a pillow at him, but I could feel my cheeks getting warmer because I was reminded of how warm and comfortable Chanyeol’s sweater was.

When I finally changed out of my house clothes, with difficulty (because I had to sort through all the boxes and try to find my clothes, Kyungsoo was right about organising the boxes beforehand when I was packing them away), I walked out of my room silently. I could already hear people talking in the living room. I slid the door open.

“Ah, Dongyi, you’re here” My mom said as my eyes scanned around the room. A young lady with an organiser in her lap sat opposite my mother and next to her was a middle-aged lady with a kind smile, she must be the florist because she looked like she smells like flowers. Another lady sat next to my mom, but she was someone I know: my mom’s best friend and the great Kang Somi’s mother, Kim Misun.

“Hello” I greeted everyone in the room and bowed.

“Kyungsoo is in the kitchen with the florist’s son preparing some drinks” My mom said as she gestured towards the kind looking lady next to the wedding planner. I bowed and smiled at her which she returns with an even kinder smile. Her son must look like he smelled like flowers too, I had a vision of a boy who woke up with pinked cheeks, surrounded by pretty flowers basked in bright sunlight streaming from the windows that were draped with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter