CHAPTER 004

Lost Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

004

“And finally, this is your room” Kyungsoo said and I gasped in pleasant surprise. Their apartment is surprisingly massive and clean for two males to occupy. Kyungsoo showed my room last and it was about twice the size of my current bedroom. His room was opposite mine and was equally the size of mine although he had added his personal touch. My room was all white, a blank canvas ready to be painted on with the art of my personality, save for a cabinet that was light brown in colour. “Do you like it?”

“I love it!” I said, and he chuckled.

“I’m glad, can I ask you something, Dongyi?” Kyungsoo sighed from the doorway as I made my way inside to check the bathroom. I mumbled a ‘yes’ as I the faucet and marvelled at the bathtub, I never had a bathtub before. The bathroom had a separate bathtub and shower and was designed in a chic style, very much like the whole of Kyungsoo’s bedroom. “How do you feel about this marriage?”

I poked my head out from the bathroom and found Kyungsoo still leaning on the door frame with an air of seriousness. I considered my answer before I spoke it out, using a careful tone. “All my life the only thing I remember is being with my mom and my mom was always alone, she always focused on me and rarely had enough time for anything else. Now that I’m all grown-up and she found an interest in your dad, I’m relieved. I’m not going to hold her back in her life anymore. I want her to be happy, whether I’m the cause or not” When I finished there was a sad smile playing on Kyungsoo’s lips.

“What about your dad?” There was a hint of bitterness in his voice. “What about the love that caused your birth, did it mean nothing? Is my existence invalid now?”

I was alarmed. Kyungsoo didn’t approve of his father’s marriage? Why didn’t he say anything? “Oh, no, that happened… But everything in life changes. Life is change and it’s time for people to move on then they found another love in their lifetime. You’re not invalid, Kyungsoo” I crossed the room the stand next to him and patted his back.

Then Kyungsoo turned and enveloped me in a tight embrace which was awkward for me because I was never one for skin-ship unless it was a special event and it was with my mom. So, one hand was hanging awkwardly at my side and another was patting him on the back.

“My mom… Passed on five years ago, and my dad is remarrying in a month time. You’re a good person, Dongyi, I’m glad he chose your mom” He mumbled, and I patted him harder hoping that it was help.

At that moment, the door that I was facing disappeared and was replaced with a blurry Chanyeol. Future-me was crying and Chanyeol looked frustrated. He was pulling at his hair before he swooped down with his hands tilting my face upwards and his lips were on mine. My eyes closed, and I couldn’t see anything, but I could still feel the movement of his soft lips on mine and I was slowly moving mine in reply to the kiss.

The door came back into view and I pushed Kyungsoo softly, my heartbeat erratic against my ribcage. “Sorry” He mumbled again, then offered an uncertain smile. I was still in a daze, my head replaying the kiss. I smiled back. “I should sho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter