Chapter 8 Sapphira words

Bonds (HIATUS)

“Omma!!!” Jun runs towards the Queen and hug her tightly, so do I.

“Welcome back kids, you’ve done a great job for the group and now Kimmi, the elders wants you over alone with the girls and their partners which they already bonded,” the Queen left.

“Girls, let’s get going. Mal oppa, Saengie oppa and Jun oppa follows other three, the elders will bring you to your room and rest, you’ll have the schedule done by the servants, ask them for it. When we’re done, you can start you training,” I said.

Everyone nodded and walk, we are brought to the main hall with all the elders over there. The others was asked to join the meetings while I was ask to talk to the Gan elders, they are the most elderly in our Kingdom so we have to listen to them.

“Princess, we have rumors that the dark forces are gathering their troops right now,” said one of them.

“Another rumors also says that dark forces are planning to invade homeland soon,” another one said.

“Enough of your words, I’ll have it check by myself,”

“It’s too dangerous Princess,”

“I’ll have my own words, it’s my duty don’t worry, I’ll be safe no matter how,” I walk away after bowing to them and head outside the palace with my horse. Unaware, I already reach the big field where I last saw Sapphira and I took a lie on the field, looking at the sky, enjoying the scent of fresh air and breeze. Then all of the sudden, a big image flew pass the sky and it was the same feeling, strong forces coming my way and land next to me safely.

“Been training much I see,” I said out loud.

“Why yes Kimmi, we’ve to prepare for the battle right?”

“Do you really love battling Sapphira?”

“I don’t know but I want my kind to be safe, we’re getting lesser by days,”

“I agree on that, but… Sigh… I hate my brain”

“It’s about that guy Hyun Joong isn’t it?”

“Hahaha… You really know me well Sapphira,”

“Kimmi, remember something find your bond and the Prince, it’ll help you in the battle,”

“I know Sapphira, I know, but… The world is too big for me to find,”

“Who’s there,” Sapphira stood up and roar.

“Huh? Hyun Joong oppa… What are you doing here?” I asked when he stood up.

“Umm, I plan to come out and have some fresh air and I found you,” he smiled shyly.

“Hahaha… Okay, by the way, this is Hyun Joong and this is Sapphira my dragon,” I smiled and Sapphira bow to him.

“Annyeong…” he greeted and walk nearer to him.

“Don’t worry, he won’t bite,” Hyun Joong touches him.

“Hey you want training now Kimmi?”

“Sapphira, of course I want but what about Hyun Joong?”

“We bring him back and we take our training personally, simple!!”

“Oppa, hop up, we’re going for training, the horses will be send back by our people don’t worry,” Sapphira let us both go up him and started flying. I sat behind Hyun Joong, putting my arms around his waist as he demanded, it was comfortable and warm.

At the royal palace gate

“Oppa, I’ll take my leave for training first,”

“You’re training with your dragon? I thought you need to train for your powers,”

“Yeah I do but mine start two days from now, I’ll be back when you guys are done,” I smiled and leave.

Hyung Jun’s POV

“Whoa, that’s her dragon….” I said when we came out with the rest of them. Hyun Joong was standing in front of us.

“Eonni’s dragon is so beautiful,”

“Or you should say handsome, it’s a male,” Hyun Joong smirked as he went back in.

“Oh yeah guys, I need to see my dragon too,” said Pete.

“Me too!! Hyung I follow you,” I said.

“Maknae since when did you own a dragon? Will it be a turtle dragon?” said Jung Min then laughed hardly.

Then, suddenly two big images came above the clouds; it was them, the dragons that we summoned earlier. Few seconds later, they arrive in front of us.

“Annyeong Junnie,”my dragon calls out.

“Annyeong Hui how is you?”I caress her head.

“I’m fine, so practice is on?”

“Training ground,”I smirked and went up to her and flew off, leaving the guys to do own practices.

Jung Min’s POV

“Now what are we supposed to do?” I asked.

“Oppa, Yun Min and I have to go for our training too,” said Hae Rin.

“Aww… Then who will be here?” I pouted.

“Kei and Riza, practice with the elders, Hye Sun is finding her sacred creature as the Queen has already sent her out for a trip,” said Hae Rin and left with Yun Min within a second after casting some spells.

At Kimmi’s side, Kimmi’s POV

“Let’s have some rest first, you’re tired Sapphira,”I said after we’ve been flying for two hours straight.

“Sapphira, you’re lying to me about something,”

“What is it?”

“About the battle, when the rider dies, you will die too am I right?”

“Yes, I’m sorry I fail to inform you that,”

“Can you tell me the whole thing, everything I needed to know about it?”

“Ok, please don’t make reckless decision after you hear everything ok? Promise me,”

“Ok, I promised you Sapphira.”

After dinner, Hyun Joong’s POV

I saw Kimmi wasn’t looking good after the training, after dinner, she went outside the sacred area and sat on a wall and put her long, slim legs on it, stretching it as long as she can. She really isn’t well today because usually she’ll know my appearance even though she’s not looking.

I walk up to her, “Hey…”

“Omo, oppa, when are you here?” she looked at me curiously.

“Aishh, you…” I messed her hair and sat opposite her, facing her while she looked away and stare at the dark sky, “I’ve been here for a long time but something seems to bother you so much and you never realizes me,”

“I’m fine oppa, really I’m fine,”

“Don’t try to lie Kimmi; you’re not good at lying you know,”

“I’m really fine oppa, I just…. need some time,” she sighed.

I just stare at her, I enjoy it really, I don’t know why but I somehow think that I might not be seeing her again the next time because she’s the Princess of the Kingdom.

“Sorry for interrupting Princess Kimmi and Sir Hyun Joong, I want to know about Master location,” asked one servant.

“Who’s Master?” I asked, looking at both of them.

“My brother is at the main council room, go and find him but if he isn’t there, he’ll be in his room or the training room. He needs more training after so many years,” she replied.

“Thank you Princess Kimmi and good night Princess Kimmi and Sir Hyun Joong,” the servants left and vanish into thin air.

After the servant left, Kimmi gave another deep sighed.

Kimmi’s POV

Flashback

“It was long said that when a dragon was born in front of a human, they’ll be title as dragon rider. Every dragon rider will have the same sign on their hand like yours, you can check it on Hyung Jun’s hand and Pete’s hand and they have it. It was a destiny to every dragon that once the rider is dead, so we will die too. Before the rider dies, it was said that the rider itself will hear the scream of their dragon before their last breathe. But on the other hand, if a dragon dies and the rider is safe, then the rider will be safe and continue living without their dragon. The same condition will appear is that when the dragon dies; their rider will also hear the final scream of their dragon before the dragon’s last breath.”

“Is there really no other choices to safe the dragon and rider both?”

“No there isn’t unless war is avoid,”

“But this war is inescapable,”

“Yes I know, that’s why we dragons will risk our life to safe the riders,”

“Why?”

“Because another dragon, maybe thousand years later, they’ll seek for you again. Riders life is much precious than the dragons because dragon riders are seldom found in homeland,”

“Sigh…. But at the place where you’re living, I saw a lot of riders,”

“Yes, they’re riders but they lost their dragons in the last battle which happen 500 years ago. Now for the record of my kind, only less than 50 dragons are found in homeland and the rest of the places, they are all extinct. Among all this 50, numerable of them has join the dark force and now it’s only left 20 or less than that siding the our sides,”

“Sapphira, I won’t let you die that easily, I swear I won’t”

“But-”

“No more protesting, I won’t let you, myself, my troops, my Kingdom, my members, my friends and my land to be invaded by those dark forces. Sapphira, you go back first, I go with you. I’ll head back by myself later,”

“Ok,”

End of Flashback

A stream of tears came down from my eyes when I think about it again; I’m not going to leave Sapphira, I can’t see any of the sacred creature of the homeland gets injured, I won’t!!!

“Shhh… Stop crying….” Hyun Joong pulls me nearer to his chest and patted my head, “Oppa here, stop crying,”

I continue to cry without caring who’s there, “What’s wrong?” he asked after I almost cool myself down.

“Nothing oppa, I just feel like crying. Thanks for the shoulder, I’ll be heading back to my room now,” I bowed and leave.

Hyun Joong’s POV

“Yah Kimmi-ah!!” I shouted but she continues to run inside her room and lock the door once she’s in it.

“Hyung, give her some time,” said Jun, grabbing my arm from banging the door, “We’ll have a talk outside,”