two.

Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

chapter two

 

The clock is killing the devil much more than he thought it would. He can no longer stand the damn tick tocks that seem to be bouncing off the walls anymore. He’s tempted to just destroy it and let it burn to ash, but what good would that be? If he causes too much of a ruckus not only would he be found out to his sworn enemy, but Minseok would probably come in here and scold him yet again.
 

He groans. Minseok.

 

Ugh, what a horrible person that Kim Minseok is. He’s constantly scolding Luhan for no reason, and he’s a terrible nurse! He doesn’t provide good food, doesn’t have any manners, and yet he’s employed here? Luhan clicks his tongue. If he had Minseok back in hell as a nurse, the man would have been set on fire as punishment for being so bad! The thought makes Luhan smile and he nods proudly. He would absolutely love making the other man suffer.

 

Just as the devil is beginning to enjoy himself, a dark figure appears in the corner of the room. Luhan remains unfazed but sighs when he hears ragged breathing.

 

“What took you so long, Rahovart?” He raises a brow. “Surely you have a better sense of direction than this? I’ve been waiting for a long time for your arrival.”

 

“I apologize, my liege.” The figure grobbles to the ground. “Your presence is notable all over the world, and I had trouble.”

 

“Well you’ll have more trouble if you don’t get to work.” Luhan scowls. “It’s harder for you to be caught in human form, so find the first person eligible and take his body. I want to take as many souls as I possibly can and leave the ‘Great Almighty’ with a broken heart for failing them as their savior.”

 

“Yes, my lord!”

 

“And Rahovart?”

 

“Y-Yes?”

 

“Show no mercy.”

 

--

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo arrive in Korea, and the air seems much thicker here than before. The angel of death looks over at his companion and sighs softly.

 

“Of all the places he chooses to appear in, he picks one of the most populated places in the world.”

 

“It wouldn't be any fun for him if he was in an isolated place,” Jongin chuckles and then looks around before taking a deep breath and crossing his arms over his chest. “So where should we start looking?”

 

“That’s a really good question,” Kyungsoo nodded. “I can feel his presence everywhere, it’s like he’s--”

 

“Intoxicating, isn’t it?”

 

The two gasp and turn around to find a tall, lean man standing right in front of them. His arms are crossed and his long legs shift weight over one another while his gaze pierces right through the couple. His eyes are traced by dark circles and his smile is curled at one side. It drives a shiver down Kyungsoo’s spine, yet Jongin remains unfazed.

 

“Rahovart.” Jongin said softly. “Long time, no see. How have you been?”

 

“Spare me the kindness, Asmodeus,” The demon hisses. “You know why I’m here, and I don’t have to explain myself.”

 

“Is he really here?” Kyungsoo asked softly. “Our liege?”

 

“Yes,” Rahovart nods. “And I am here to assist him.”

 

“With what?”

 

“What else would I be here for?” The demon smiles and points to his basket. “We have work to do.”

 

“If you take too many at once…” Jongin looked around before leaning closer. “Then He will find you.”

 

“Oh please,” A small laugh. “I am afraid of no one.”

 

“Is he really here to just take as many as he pleases?” Kyungsoo clenched a fist. “This isn’t how death is supposed to work. There is a process and--”

 

“Shh,” The tall demon smiles again. “Have faith in good ol’ Lucifer, mm? Or should I say...Luhan?”

 

“Luhan?” Jongin rose his brows. “He’s in human form?”

 

The taller nodded.

 

“And my name is no longer Rahovart, it’s Tao. Please address me as such.”

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo remained quiet. No wonder his presence was so strong, he’s just walking among the living. There would be no way to pinpoint his exact location since he’s in a mortal body.

 

“I must be going,” Tao yawned. “I have a few more hundred souls to collect. I suppose I shall see the two of you later.” He then poked Kyungsoo’s forehead. “Be careful with the king of lust, small one. He’s not only known as one of the most powerful demons to exist, but he's also deadly possessive.”

 

Before Jongin could hit him, Tao disappears and the two are left behind. Kyungsoo sighed heavily and looked back at Jongin.

 

“It’s alright, he didn’t mean it.” He pats Jongin’s shoulder.

 

Jongin crosses his arms and then leans against Kyungsoo.

 

“What are we going to do now?”

 

“Look for him, I guess.” Kyungsoo shrugs as he watches the people of Seoul walk along the busy streets. There must be thousands of them out at this time. It’ll be nearly impossible to find their leader.

 

“How?” Jongin asks softly, his eyes also focused on the number of people bustling about.

 

“I suppose we should just start by finding the most evil person here.”

 

--

 

Luhan sighs as nurses and doctors shroud around his bed. He crosses his arms and then dares himself to look over at Minseok. The nurse was furiously writing notes on whatever the doctors were spewing out of their mouths and then finally the talking all stops. Luhan runs a hand through his hair and he smiles while thinking he can finally leave and go back to his plan: killing the innocent. Unfortunately for him, that was not the case at all.

 

“We’re going to need an x-ray stat.”

 

“CT scan with and without contrast.”

 

“Blood and urine tests.”

 

Luhan blinked in surprise and watched as the doctors walked out of the room, leaving behind 2 nurses along with Minseok. They press down on the breaks attached to the wheels of the bed and begin to roll him out. Luhan scoffs and then snaps his fingers at Minseok.

 

“Nurse, where are you taking me?”

 

“You didn’t hear?” Minseok rolled his eyes and looked over at Luhan with a raised brow. “We’re going to take some tests to see your progress. We also need to look at that broken leg of yours.”

 

“But why?” Luhan too rose a brow in protest. “I don’t want to take these tests.”

 

“Doctor’s orders.” Another nurse replied.

 

It was strange. Luhan didn’t like the voice, much less expected it, and he only speaks to people he talks to. He looked over at the one who answered him and crossed his arms.

 

“I don’t remember asking you for anything. Don’t interrupt my conversation with Minseok simply because you’re bored.”

 

The nurse laughed and then looked over at Minseok.

 

“Looks like someone likes you, Kim!”

 

Minseok shook his head and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter