six.

Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo helped Jongin up, his eyes still wide in shock as he tried to comprehend what he had just witnessed. Jongin ran a hand through his hair and paced back and forth as he mumbled to himself.

“Holy ing ,” He said softly. “Who the — we literally had the damn thing in our hands and it just— someone just ing took it!”

“My love, calm down.” Kyungsoo reached out for him, but to his surprise Jongin pulled back.

“You could have healed me to begin with,” Jongin hissed. “This wouldn’t have happened if you had just helped me sooner!”

“Jongin, just listen—”

“No, Kyungsoo!” Jongin walked past the other. “We have a ing job to do, and if we don’t pull through, the devil will see to it that we suffer! Doesn’t that bother you? Aren’t you even in the slightest worried!?”

“I—”

“You’re safe because the good ol’ guy upstairs will vouch for you, but what about me? Raphael can easily just lock me away like he did last time, and then what?” Jongin looked to the side. “If we don’t find the beasts, what are the chances of me ever escaping again? What if we can’t ever be together again? What if Raphael finds me!? I don’t want what happened last time to happen again.”

Kyungsoo looked into his lover’s eyes in that moment. Titles didn’t matter just then; he wasn’t Samael, the angel of death, nor was Jongin Asmodeus, the king of demons. They were two souls in love, and right now, they were both equally scared. Kyungsoo thought he could see a glimmer of tears in his lover’s eyes, and the sight pained him more than any other he’s ever experienced. He realized he hurt the only person, the only one he’s ever truly loved, and it killed him inside.

“It won’t,” Kyungsoo ran into Jongin’s arms, afraid now more than ever. “I promise it won’t! I’ll do anything to make sure nothing happens to us!”

Jongin stayed silent and sighed softly as he rested his chin on Kyungsoo’s head. He normally doesn’t just blow up like that, but he felt as if though he was the only one worried about the outcome of the mission entrusted to them. What if Luhan grew tired of waiting? What if Luhan imprisoned Jongin himself and revoked the title of king and labeled him as servant? What would become of Jongin if Luhan wasn’t satisfied? But more importantly, what would Jongin do without Kyungsoo?

“No one is going to hurt you,” Kyungsoo said softly, removing Jongin from his thoughts. “I will protect you.”

Jongin bit back words swirling through his head and nodded with a small ‘hmph’ while Kyungsoo held on to him close. Like this, Jongin could feel Kyungsoo’s heartbeat, and he wondered if the angel could feel his. Would they ever go back to living the way they used to? A small cottage, a peaceful surrounding, a blissful ignorance of the world?

“I love you, Jongin.” Kyungsoo whispered. “So very much.”

Jongin looked back and gazed into his lover’s eyes, admiring and taking in as much as he could before giving a small smile. He remembers when they bumped into each other, remembers when they used to fight about who was better than who, and even remembers their first kiss during a harsh winter while the swirling snow completely covered them. He wondered, however, if they would ever share another moment in the winter, or if they would ever get to hold each other like this. Jongin tightened his hold around Kyungsoo and swallowed his thoughts down before smiling just a bit wider.

“I love you, too.” He whispered. “Forever and always.”

They shared a small kiss before pressing their foreheads together, and Kyungsoo gave a smile before Jongin did the same. It was a tiny gesture, but the way their chests warmed up gave them the assurance they needed. They loved each other, and they would always love each other, no matter what.

“Come on,” Jongin took Kyungsoo’s hand. “We should go.”

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo nodded and pulled back reluctantly as he laced their fingers together. “Where should we start?”

Jongin took the time to look around, his vision focused on the destruction Behemoth left behind, and shook his head.

“I don’t know.”

--

Baekhyun squirmed in his seat and tried standing, to which he instantly regretted as the pain in his legs shot up and practically spread throughout his body. He placed his hand over his mouth quickly and groaned to himself when he heard a door down the hallway open.

“Baekhyun?” Chanyeol called out. “Everything okay over there?”

The angel rolled his eyes; if he was any other person, Chanyeol would have either been robbed or killed. But then again, he isn’t even human, so the killing might be tricky, but for sure robbing would happen!

“Y-Yeah, just tripped!” Baekhyun called back. “Sorry!”

“No problem, just let me know if you need— hey wait a second!” Baekhyun could hear Chanyeol open his door fully and walk out. “You can’t even stand; how did you trip?!”

“Oh, um, no! I healed myself and just tripped!” Baekhyun slowly got up and held onto the armrest of the couch. “Don’t worry about me!”

“Oh, okay!” Chanyeol closed the door and it took a couple seconds before he finally came out of his room. “Hey wait a minute!”

Baekhyun tried limping away to the kitchen and lost his balance in the panic. He prepared for the worst, but was actually surprised when he felt arms around his waist. He released the breath he hadn’t realized he was holding and looked up to see Chanyeol help him back on the couch.

“What were you thinking?” The demon shook his head. “You could’ve gotten hurt.”

“Idiot, I’m already hurt.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes before leaning back on the couch. “I need to move to heal, not just stay indoors and expect it to happen magically.”

“Actually, it can happen magically.”

Chanyeol quickly turned and saw a bright silhouette approach them, while another stood against the door. His flames instantly brewed around him and he pushed Baekhyun back down onto the cushions as his eyes now glowed a bright red.

“Who are you?” Chanyeol growled. “How did you get here?”

“Did he hurt you, Baekhyun?”

“Yixing!” Baekhyun’s eyes lit up at the voice and he shook his head as he tried to stand up again. “I’m not hurt.”

“Who are you?” Chanyeol’s flames burned brighter, surprising even Baekhyun at the sudden behavior. “Who sent you?”

“Don’t worry about any of that,” Yixing waved the question off. “I am only here for Baekhyun.”

“Tell me!” Chanyeol’s voice rose. “Tell me right now!”

Yixing stayed silent, his hands slowly sliding into his pockets while he stared into Chanyeol’s eyes. He took note of how hot the room had become, and he stole a glance at Baekhyun. In that split second, Yixing knew who he had come into contact with, and he shook his head.

“My name is Raphael,” He started. “I am one of the seven archangels. But please, call me Yixing.”

“Raphael?” Chanyeol’s guard had been let down, and in that moment, Yixing charged forward and pinned him against the wall. His elbow was against Chanyeol’s throat, and he placed force upon the demon.

“Do not think you intimidate me, Ythanael.” Yixing hissed under his breath. “I am the one who bound and banished Asmodeus, the king of demons, and I am not afraid to banish you. I am only here for Baekhyun, and I will take him. Do you understand?”

Chanyeol growled in protest and his flames grew at the position he had been put in. His canines grew past his upper lip and over his bottom, his nails turned into large, dark claws, his ears grew long and pointed, and long, dark red wings tore from his back as he howled loudly.

Yixing backed off slightly to marvel at the sight of the demon before he pulled on a bright string wrapped around his fingers. Jongdae was forced to come forward, and loud snaps echoed in the room as he turned into his own form.

Jongdae’s head twitched to the side, and long, pointed antlers shot out from his forehead. They branched to the sides while his face and body took form to that of a deer. His chest bulked forward, and his arms stretched as his hands grew in size. Large, dark wings slit through his back, and Jongdae released a loud screech as thunder boomed and shook the house.

Chanyeol, however, was not intimidated. He spread his own wings, and Yixing quickly ran over to Baekhyun. He helped pick the other angel up and then ran out of the small house.

“Yixing, what’s going on?” Baekhyun asked. “How did you find F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter