three.

Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter three

 

Kyungsoo walked alongside Jongin in silence, his brows furrowed, and a frown etched onto his lips. He replayed their encounter with Tao and then with Luhan. He was frustrated, and a small groan parted his lips as he scratched the back of his head. Jongin watched him with an amused smile and he stopped walking to pull the smaller male into his arms and into a warm embrace. Kyungsoo was a little surprised, but quickly smiled as his lover’s scent filled his nostrils. He sighed pleasantly and wrapped his arms around Jongin’s torso, resting his ear against the taller male’s chest.

“You need to relax,” Jongin said softly, the low rumbling ringing into Kyungsoo’s ear. “He knows what he’s doing.”

Kyungsoo stayed quiet and closed his eyes while he listened to the soft heartbeat resonating against his ear. He didn’t want to give his opinion anymore, he just wanted to be held like this for a bit longer.

“I know you’re worried,” Jongin continued. “But you need to trust that he’ll be gone quickly. For now, we just need to count the days until he leaves again.”

“When do you think that will be?” Kyungsoo finally looked up. “Days? Weeks? Years?”

Jongin shrugged lightly.

“I know him,” Kyungsoo whispered. “I know him very well. He’ll stay for as long as he wants to, so long as he can spite the Lord."

“They’re like kids, I swear.” Jongin chuckled and then kissed Kyungsoo’s forehead. “Come on, let’s hurry up and find the damn animals he wants.”

“They’re monsters."

“What’s the difference?”

“Oh nothing, just that they can destroy the world.”

“Oh—”

“Jongin, you just don’t understand.” Kyungsoo sighed. “All of this really isn’t good. He’ll take as much as he can and leave the world with nothing. As soon as we find these monsters, we might as well just leave earth.”

“Why do you say that like it’s a bad thing?” Jongin rose a brow.

“Because,” Kyungsoo let go. “We came here to finally have some peace. I only picked those who’s time had come, I served quietly and happily, and with you—” He bit his lip. “I just wanted to serve quietly and without any worries. What Tao’s doing isn’t right. It’s not fair.”

Jongin sighed softly and nodded in agreement. They had run off to earth and made lives for themselves. They even had a small cottage and three cats. They were happy and peaceful, and all of this ruckus shook at their little haven and upset Kyungsoo; and Jongin didn’t like it when Kyungsoo was upset.

He took his lover’s hand and kissed his forehead.

“Come on, love.” Jongin whispered. “The sooner we do what he asks, the faster he’ll leave.”

Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin with worried brows, but his heart was at ease. Jongin always knew how to put him at ease, and he was the only one Kyungsoo could trust. He nodded, and they disappeared in thin air, leaving without a trace.

--

Luhan yawned as he changed the channels on the TV. He wasn’t interested in what the Kardashians were doing, or what chefs were doing horribly, and he pressed the button that would summon his arch nemesis: Kim Minseok.

And he did show up, just as Luhan had anticipated. Minseok sighed as he leaned against the wall, knowing this was just Luhan being spoiled.

“What seems to be the problem, Mr, Xiu?” Minseok crossed his arms. “This is the fifth time you’ve called me today.”

“The TV is bothering me,” Luhan also crossed his arms. “I don’t like it.”

“Turn it off then.” Minseok squinted. “You don’t have to call me to tell me what you think about TV.”

“I don’t know how to turn it off.” Luhan shrugged.

Minseok growled softly and walked over with the fakest smile imaginable. He snatched the remote from Luhan’s hand and displayed it to him.

“See this red button at the top?” Minseok made sure Luhan was looking where he was pointing. “It turns the TV on and off. It isn’t rocket science.” He pressed the button and the TV zipped off. “There, are you happy now?”

“I’m hungry. Bring me food.” Luhan laid back and crossed his arms. “Turn the TV back on, I don’t have anything else to do until you bring me something.”

“Yah!” Minseok rose his voice. “You’re wasting my time, and I have at least ten other patients who really need my help!”

Luhan was almost shocked by the sudden outburst, and he watched with wide eyes as Minseok placed the remote back down and stomped off. And for some odd reason, Luhan wanted him to come back. He wanted the nurse to be here and only here, who cares about the other patients?

And that’s when it hit him.

He cleared his throat and snapped his fingers twice. Within seconds, Tao appeared with his basket full of broken wails and cries of the souls he took mercilessly. He bowed his head and cleared his throat.

“Yes, my liege?”

“Tao, I want you to follow a nurse. His name is Kim Minseok. He has 10 patients in this hospital that need to taken care of.” Luhan turned the TV back on. “Go quickly now.”

“Of course.” Tao bowed again with a mischievous smile and disappeared.

--

Baekhyun walked with a skip in his step beside Yixing, and he even hummed a bit while going down the busy streets of Seoul. Yixing smiled and shook his head, but he didn’t forget why there were here, and he knew Baekhyun didn’t either. They could literally feel the disturbance in the air, it was intoxicating, and their eyes searched endlessly past every single person who walked by them.

They could no longer deny the fact that something really was wrong here, and as they were searching, a familiar presence struck them. Yixing’s heart started to beat faster, and within mere moments, he knew why. He stopped walking, and Baekhyun stood beside him. Their eyes were locked on a pair walking just a few feet in front of them, and Yixing couldn’t help but ball his hands into fists.

Jongin and Kyungsoo were still in the city, even though they knew it wasn’t where they should  be looking in the first place, and in seconds a chill ran down Jongin’s spine. He stopped walking, and Kyungsoo looked at him with a puzzled expression.

“My love?” He called out. “Is everything alright?”

Jongin broke into a cold sweat, and he quickly started to look all around them. Kyungsoo had never seen Jongin in such a panicked state, and he placed his hand on the other’s shoulder, trying to get him to talk.

“Jongin, what’s—”

Jongin finally stopped searching, and his face went pale as he stared forward. Kyungsoo looked where his lover was so scared, and soon his eyes widened as well.

Raphael.

Their surroundings slowed down to a stop, and Kyungsoo took Jongin’s arm to pull him away, but chains had already been latched on to his lover’s wrists, and Kyungsoo was afraid what would happen to him next.

Baekhyun and Yixing approached slowly, the world still merrily going about as the chains were invisible to them, and the two stopped right in front of a very pale Jongin and a very panicked Kyungsoo.

“Asmodeus,” Yixing bowed his head lightly. “It’s been a very long time, wouldn’t you say?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter