four.

Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yixing fell into the middle of a blizzard. Snow covered his face and body and he coughed out what he could before wrapping his arms around himself. His teeth clattered at the freezing temperature and he looked around in vain; he couldn’t see a damn thing. It was cold, and his face and fingers were starting to numb.

“Damn it,” He hissed.

He struggled to get on his legs, and with a small wobble, he started to walk. He could hardly see anything, and he wasn’t sure if anyone was even out here. It was so cold, and soon his eyes were starting to fail him. He fell once more, and he had a hard time getting up this time, since his body just couldn’t handle all the snow.

“!” He brought his hand over his mouth, realizing he had just sworn, and softly apologized.

With a heavy body, he brought himself back up again and he continued to walk blindly. He just wasn’t sure how much more of this he could take, and just as he was about to blindly scan the area, he fell and panted. He was running out of air and he stared upwards, debating whether he should abandon the body and just go back up.

Heaven.

“Holy ! Are you okay?”

Yixing hummed in response to the person speaking as he continued to blankly stare— wait, a voice?!

“P-Please help me,” He coughed as he struggled to get up again. “I don’t know where I am.”

He felt arms pick him up, and his legs wobbled to try and stay up.

“You shouldn’t be out here,” The stranger continued as he walked by Yixing’s side, assuring the angel he wouldn’t fall by wrapping an arm around his waist. “You can die in this weather.”

“Really?” Yixing coughed again and held on tight. “Where can I go?”

“I’ll bring you home and once you warm up, you can get back to whatever the hell you were doing.

“You shouldn’t say that word,” Yixing frowned. “It’s real, you know.”

“Whatever man,” The stranger chuckled. “Let’s just get you out of here.”

“Thank you so much, I really appreciate this.” Yixing smiled. “My name is Yixing by the way, what’s yours?”

“It’s shut up and walk.”

“Nice to meet you, shut up and walk!”

“Ugh.”

--

Tao returned to the hospital and walked up the stairs by himself, ignoring anyone else who walked there, and reached the 9th floor. He opened the door and made his way to Luhan’s room, to which he saw a woman walk out of. He furrowed his brows and entered, wondering why the nurse who was assigned to Luhan was biting at his fingertips near the wall; perhaps the nurse ed up.

Tao scoffed and moved past the curtains before he took a seat next to Luhan’s bed.

“There better be a good reason why you’re here and not doing as I asked,” Luhan crossed his arms.

“My liege, I have news for you.” Tao bowed his head. “The angels have come.”

Luhan stopped fidgeting and looked up at the demon.

“Are you certain?” He asked.

“I saw them with my own eyes,” Tao nodded. “Kyungsoo told them you were here.”

“Damn it!” Luhan ran his fingers through his hair. He worried this would happen, but he didn’t think it would be so quick. “Which angels? How many?”

“Two,” Tao answered. “As to who, I am not sure. They’ve taken human form.”

“How did you escape them?” Luhan squeezed the top of his nose. “And where is Kyungsoo?”

“I sent them away, my liege.” Tao answered. “The last I saw him he was still in the city. He might be gone by now, though. I am not sure.”

Luhan crossed his arms and stayed quiet. His fingers tapped against his arm, and he soon sighed softly.

“The seven.” He murmured. “They know I’m here.”

“My lord?” Tao furrowed his brows.

“The seven archangels,” Luhan said softly. “Raphael, Gabriel, Uriel, Saraquel, Raguel, Remiel, and…Michael.”

“I can assure you none of those two were Michael, my lord.” Tao shook his head. “He would have slain me as soon as I appeared.”

“You fool, any of them can slay you!” Luhan boomed before leaning back against the bed. “They must have just arrived, they were probably caught off guard. They probably split up as a diversion.”

The more Luhan thought about it, the more his fingers tapped against his arm. He dug his teeth into his lower lip and then looked back at Tao. He has to get out of the hospital as soon as he can, but where?

“Leave me for now,” The devil sighed softly. “I need to think.”

Tao nodded and he disappeared, black wisps disappearing just as fast as they came. Luhan closed his eyes and rubbed his temples slowly, releasing another sigh as he tried to conjure up a plan to—

“Mr. Xiu?”

Luhan’s attention was diverted and he looked towards the door, where Minseok stood by the curtain with a worried expression.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” He approached the devil and smiled sheepishly. “Did you get all cleaned up?”

Luhan nodded and then wove his hand.

“Be gone, I have no time for you right now.”

Minseok’s smile turned into a frown and he rolled his eyes before crossing his arms.

“I don’t get paid enough to deal with people like you,” He scoffed as he placed the call light next to Luhan.

“Mr. Kim, believe me when I say this,” Luhan looked back at him with a cunning smile. “There is no one like me.”

“You’d be surprised,” Minseok shrugged, to which Luhan opened his mouth to protest, but was unable to. “They’re preparing another tray for you. I hope you’re still hungry.”

With that, the nurse turned around and left, leaving Luhan behind to continue thinking. Where was he gonna go, where was he g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter