V.

Devil May Cry

Jihoon isn't the type who is willing to share his space. He loves his space, get it? Especially the confinements of his apartment, he will give anything just to enjoy the luxury of exercising that freedom. The freedom of having a personal space. But if letting someone invade it for the sake of keeping the apartment, Jihoon will go through it. Jihoon will just close his eyes and ignore the fact that his personal space is invaded not by just mere someone but a perfect creation. Jihoon will just ignore his existence and live his life the way he used to.

Damn it!

Choi Seungcheol is one fine piece of distraction.

"Do you need something?" Jihoon who is busy making a cup of coffee for himself asks.

Seungcheol is looking at him and hasn't said a word since he entered the kitchen. Jihoon does not have any problem with Seungcheol looking at him, there is no problem with that. The problem is that, Seungcheol have been staring at him for almost half an hour now. From the time he entered the room where he found Seungcheol leaning against the sink, until now, when he is about to exit the kitchen with a mug of burning hot coffee in hand.

Seungcheol smiles, his dimples showing and Jihoon feels his heart constricts a bit. Jihoon timidly smiles back and is about to just shrug it all off when Seungcheol speaks, "Why?"

"Huh?" Jihoon's eyebrows knit though he still had that small smile on his face.

"Why Jihoon? Why?" Seungcheol crosses his arms against his chest and tilts his head. This should be awkward for Jihoon but surprisingly, it is not. It is just a little weird.

"What 'why'?" Jihoon's coffee spills a little as he turns to Seungcheol. Seungcheol grins and walks past Jihoon who is frozen on his feet. The words that Seungcheol left upon leaving echo inside Jihoon's head.

"Why did you let me into your life, Jihoon?"

 

†††

Jihoon wakes in the middle of the night. He can feel the heat coming off everywhere his bedroom. The heat he feels is skin deep, bone deep and soul deep. Jihoon automatically raises his hand, raising it mid-air to feel the gentle breeze of the air coming from the air conditioner. Satisfied that the air conditioner is indeed not broken, Jihoon sits and blinks his sleepy eyes.

"Cheol."

Jihoon groggily murmurs, his mind as foggy as a winter haze. His dark brown eyes changes into violet and his body slowly floats, suspending him in the air. All laws of gravity rescind. Jihoon is no longer capable of thinking straight, his mind shuts down but his body continues to move on its own.

Jihoon raises his hand and all the things that has glass or made of glass inside his bedroom exploded like it is hit by a bomb. He raises his hand and all the things surrounding him poised, in one go he sends it crashing against his bedroom door.

The door suddenly opens and Choi Seungcheol stands there like he owns the world, like seeing a human floating in the air is the most common thing which he encounters every day. Jihoon scans Seungcheol from head to toe.

"Hi there." Jihoon's melodic voice is replaced by a deep, guttural one that Seungcheol knows all too well. It is the voice of a devil.

"Who are you?" Seungcheol keeps his facade but steals glances at the wrecked room. Looking for something or rather, looking for someone.

"I am Lee Jihoon."

Seungcheol's attention is back towards Jihoon whose feet are now touching the ground. Seungcheol studies Jihoon, but is engrossed at the color of Jihoon's eyes. It is of color violet. Seungcheol searches his mind, aiming to look for the reason why a bounded human's eyes turn into violet but came up with nothing.

Usually, the human's eyes changes just once. Once they are bounded with a devil. The human and devil will share the same shade of eyes as a proof that they are bounded. When it comes to devil's eyes, devil's eyes changes occasionally, depending on how much power they are using or if they are undergoing a bounding spell with a human. If a human is possessed by a devil, usually the irises of the eyes will turn into white.

But the eyes of a human bounded with a devil never turns into violet. Seungcheol doesn't even know a single devil that have a pair of violet eyes.

Lee Jihoon is really something.

Jihoon smiles sweetly. His boyish charm and youthful glow at its full display. He is still a human after all. A human which is bound to Seungcheol. The devil's human.

An ear hurting scream from Jihoon booms. In just a second, Seungcheol is an inch away from Jihoon who he catches before hitting the floor. Jihoon's violet colored eyes are back in its usual shade, dark brown which he shares with Seungcheol.

Jihoon's breathing is erratic and his chest doing its best to follow his fast breathing.

"I want to ask you something." Jihoon's throat is sore but his voice back in its normal register. Seungcheol nods his head in amusement. This human never fails to amaze him, after all that he experienced tonight he is able to still talk to him casually like nothing happened.

"Tell me honestly, are you the devil in my dreams? It isn't a dream, is it? It's all real."

Seungcheol lifts Jihoon and carries him bridal style. Jihoon's face blossoms in rich crimson as he touches Seungcheol's toned chest for support. Seungcheol lays Jihoon onto his bed, his index finger, tracing Jihoon's chest. Tracing the skin where a scar is formed when he killed Jihoon.

"What if I am that devil? And what if it's not a dream?"

Jihoon chuckles and Seungcheol sees his eyes changed from dark brown to violet then back to its original shade again in split second.

"I knew it!" Jihoon closes his eyes with a satisfied smile on his lips.

Seungcheol watches as Jihoon falls asleep. Suddenly, a feather as big as his own lands against his lap. The color of it is like burning red, a flaming bright red. Seungcheol picks it and marvels at it.

Seungcheol didn't flinch when a pair of fiery red wings flashes inside his mind. What made him second think is the face he is imagining whom that magnificent pair of wings belongs to.

It belongs to Lee Jihoon.