XV.

Devil May Cry

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME? KIMBAPPIE KIDDING?" Seungkwan's eyes almost bulge out of his head as he stares at Jihoon who flinches.

"Seungkwan calm down." Soonyoung squints at Seungkwan who settles on his seat. Seungkwan huffs his chest

"Hyung, are you serious?" Mingyu puts his pen down and crosses his arms against his chest. The group of boys had settled on the floor at the receiving area and started their so-called group study a couple of minutes ago and based on Jihoon's opinion, they are not going anywhere. The boys around him are more interested on what he know about his dorm mate, Choi Seungcheol than what is the value of X in the given geometric problem.

Jihoon nods and sighs, looking at Soonyoung who is now smiling at him from ear to ear.

"How can you not know who Choi Seungcheol is?"

He is the First Born Prince of Hell, the next in throne. He have magnificent black wings and a pair of ruby colored eyes. His power is limitless and he can kill anyone with a simple glance. He is a devil. Jihoon's devil who can grant any of Jihoon's wishes.

"No, I don't really know who he is." Jihoon laughs awkwardly and continues to punch the given numbers at his scientific calculator.

"Choi Seungcheol. Born on August 8, 1995. He lives at Daegu and is the youngest of the family. He left his family in Daegu and transferred a month ago at the renowned Seoul University, he is taking Commerce and dreams to have his own business someday. He is good at sports, all sort of sports but his love for basketball is superior that's why he entered the basketball varsity team and was made into captain after three days of joining. He is also good in performing. He knows how to sing, to dance and to act. But he is well known for his love for hiphop and rap songs. He's a dean lister and a n exemplary student. And his looks..." Jihoon watches as the other boys melt as they fantasize about the devil. No pun intended.

"Uhmm... How did you know all about this? He's not even our schoolmate." Jihoon asks skeptically. How can they know all about the "human" Choi Seungcheol while me, his landlord doesn't know a thing?

"Let's say we have sources. Lots of it." Seungkwan proudly answers.

"Actually, we are all part of CSCL." Mingyu who is beside Jihoon, whispers.

"CSCL?"

"Choi SeungCheol Lovers. Seungkwan is the vice president while Soonyoung-hyung is one of the most active member." Mingyu adds. Jihoon tries his best to refrain himself from laughing but is no use. Jihoon burst out laughing causing the other boys to stare at him like he is a madman.

"Oops. Sorry. It's that, I didn't know that you are all fanboys of Seungcheol." Jihoon says, wiping the mirth on his eyes because of laughing.

"What's not to like about Seungcheol-ssi? He's cool and really smart. He's good at sports and is very talented. He looks kind too." Soonyoung shrugs, eyeing the test question that is waiting to be answered.

"We aspire to be like him." Mingyu cheekily states, picking his pen up and continues to answer his paper. Jihoon is taken aback at those powerful words.

Aspire to be like him, huh?

"What did we miss?" Seokmin and Jun enter the room with a handful of snacks they bought from the grocery store. Jihoon mumurs his thanks as Seokmin gives him his snack and cola. The latter smiling at himnfrom ear to ear. How can this man smile like he doesn't have any problems at all?

"Jihoon-hyung doesn't know who his dorm mate is." Seungkwan says with his mouth full of Cheetos. Jun settles back at his seat between Seungkwan and Mingyu. Seokmin claims his seat beside Jihoon.

"I don't need to know him that well. Besides, I respect his privacy." Jihoon gets all the papers that were answered by his 'students'. His eyebrows meet and inhales. He eyes the first item answered by Mingyu and Jihoon feels that he needs to teach them again, from the beginning.

"There is something wrong about that Seungcheol." Seokmin chews his food while eyeing Jihoon. Jihoon meets his stare with a look of uncertainty. Does he know?

"What do you mean?" Soonyoung is the one who voiced out Jihoon's query.

"Naaa. I just feel something odd about him. Come to think of it, he's been here for only what? One month? Two months? But he's able to be where he wanted to be and to be who he wanted to be." Seokmin shrugs, his eyebrows meeting as he read the question written on his paper.

"Jihoon-hyung, isn't this too hard?" Seokmin nervously laughs, causing Seungkwan to hit him on the back of his head.

"Ya! Don't hit your hyung like that!" Seokmin flicks Seungkwan's forehead. The two start to shout and pinch each other.

"Don't take Seokmin too seriously hyung. He's just weird." Mingyu states, noticing how Jihoon's posture become rigid at Seokmin's words.

"Ah." Jihoon scratches the back of his head and shyly smiled at Mingyu. He continues to look at Seokmin and wanders what does Seokmin know about Seungcheol. Seokmin looks like he knows something that the rest of the group except Jihoon knew.

"Where are your parents Jihoon?" Soonyoung asks as they are washing the glasses they used, Soonyoung insisted that he should help Jihoon since they are the one who are giving Jihoon a hard time.

"They are dead." Jihoon faintly smiles. Soonyoung hisses and says his apologies.

"No! That's alright! They died when I was three years old. It was an accident, I had an older brother but he died in that accident too."

Soonyoung apologizes for the nth time for bringing up the matter. Jihoon dismisses the apology with a shrug. Soonyoung watches him with kind and comforting eyes.

"I stayed at an orphanage for awhile since I do not have any relatives, or relatives I know of. No one looked for me so I guess it's either I do not have any family left or nobody wanted to have me. I discovered that my parents had this place and it was automatically given to me when I turned thirteen. I lived alone since I was old enough to cook my own ramyeon. I worked and at the same time supported myself so that I could enter school. And now, I am on my third year of college." Jihoon rubs the back of his head, ashamed that he talked too much.

"I used to think that parents are a bunch of old people who are hard to deal with. Because that's what I am experiencing with my own parents." Jihoon side eyes Soonyoung who have a forlorn look on his face.

"But hearing your story. It makes me hate myself. I have them near me but I am always taking them for granted. I am very lucky to have my family around me."

Jihoon nods his head in understanding.

"You are indeed very lucky." Jihoon smiles and rubs his hands to the towel to dry it. Jihoon hands Soonyoung the towel and the latter takes it.

"If I was in your place I'd do and give anything to see my family again." Soonyoung casually states causing Jihoon to give him a discomfort look.

Do anything like calling a devil and having a deal with it. Give anything, something precious like my own soul. Been there. Done that.

"Hey, Soonyoung-hyung! I think it's time to go. We disturbed Jihoon-hyung too much." Mingyu stands at the door with a kind of smile that gives Jihoon some nerves. Mingyu is a kind of guy who's by first looking, you'll think is very cool and serious but when you get to know him better it's actually the opposite. He's dorky and clumsy and sometimes too naive for his own good. But the Mingyu who is smiling at him now is someone who Jihoon doesn't want to know.

"But I don't want to go yet! I want to stay beside Jihoon~ie forever!" Soonyoung clings at Jihoon's arm and the smaller chuckling at the taller's antics.

"Let's go, hyung. It's getting late. Seungcheol-ssi will be home any minute now. Although I would like to see him again, I want to respect his privacy." Seungkwan's eyes glisten as if remembering something. He forcefully pulls Soonyoung who is clinging like a koala at Jihoon. Jihoon suddenly hisses in pain when Soonyoung accidentally scratches his arm, drawing blood.

"Oh my God! I'm sorry Jihoon!" Soonyoung instantly panics and Seungkwan looks like a deer caught in the headlights. Soonyoung lets go of Jihoon's arm and quickly inspect the wound. Mingyu rushes beside the trio and Seokmin together with Jun enters the kitchen area upon hearing the slight commotion.

"Hey! What happened?" Jun asks.

Mingyu narrates it and Seokmin looks at Soonyoung disapprovingly. Soonyoung pouts guiltily, Jihoon notices it and lifts Soonyoung's spirits up.

"You're all making it a big deal. I'm fine. It's just a simple scratch." Jihoon grins making Soonyoung grin too.

"If you say so." Seokmin smiles. Jihoon ushers them towards the door and the group of boys bow at him.

"Ya! Don't do that! We're friends, right? And this is what friends are doing, helping each other. No need to be so formal." Jihoon won't admit it but his heart is fluttering at saying that phrase out loud. This is whag friends are doing, helping each other.

"You're really the best, hyung!" Seungkwan sobs and hugs Jihoon. The older awkwardly hugs back.

"We will go now! Thank you Jihoon! See you in school!" Soonyoung and the other boys wave their goodbyes at him and turn to leave.

Jihoon closes the door, not realizing the smile gracing his face.

"They already go home?"

"ingdumbstupid!" Jihoon holds his palm against his chest and feels his heart beating rapidly beacuse of pure shock.

"How many times do I have to tell you that don't do that?" Jihoon slowly even his breathing while staring at the First Born Prince of Hell.

"Don't do what?" Seungcheol asks, tilting his head.

"That suddenly appearing then talking thingy!" Jihoon's heart beating moderates as he vigorously inhales and exhales.

"Aah."

Jihoon glares at him but sighs and stares at the devil who looks confused.

"Don't be fooled by smiles and kindness, Jihoon. Sometimes it's just a front." Seungcheol whispers lowly but Jihoon is able to hear it. Jihoon is about to retort a witty comeback but decided not to.

The devil have a point. This is just too good to be true. Me? Someone who never had a friend since the beginning of my life will have a circle of friends in just a snap of fingers?

Seungcheol notes the sudden shift of Jihoon's mood, clears his throat. Jihoon meets his eyes and the devil wants to tell Jihoon then and there that he felt an angel presence inside the dorm just now. It means that an angel had been there. Sitting, laughing and studying with Jihoon.

"But not everyone is keeping a front. There are those who really are true. Just be wise in choosing who you'll allow to see through you." Jihoon's eyes light up and Seungcheol inwardly sigh because of contentment.

"By the way, who are they?"

"They are my classmates and schoolmates. Soonyoung and Jun are my classmates while Seokmin, Mingyu and Seungkwan are my juniors." Jihoon explains.

"They are my friends." Jihoon happily adds.

It was in Seungcheol's nature to be blunt but seeing Jihoon that happy, who was he to say that one of Jihoon's friends might be an angel who wants him dead. Seungcheol turns to his back and starts to walk to his room.

"Uh. Seungcheol, wait!" Jihoon calls out. Seungcheol turns his head and an eyebrow at Jihoon who's contemplating on something.

"About the wishes."

Wishes?

"You told me, I have five wishes that you could grant, right?"

Aah. That wishes. Seungcheol nods his head and stares directly at Jihoon.

"I want to use the second one now."

The First Born Prince of Hell 's eyes turn into color ruby which unnerves Jihoon a bit. He watches as the devil's eyes turn into ruby colored and light brown alternately. Jihoon is afraid. Jihoon coughs to break the frightening feeling building inside his chest.

"What's your wish, Jihoon?" Seungcheol's voice sounds deeper than usual and Jihoon can't help but shiver, though he kept it in the low. The devil approaches Jihoon and offers his hand at the smaller. Jihoon who is hesitant at first, takes the devil's warm hand. Jihoon looks into the devil's ruby colored eyes and closes his eyes.

"My second wish is to see my family."